hibs.net Messageboard

Hibernian Historical Trust Exhibition - Wednesday 8th September, 6:30 - 8pm

The recent exhibition has proved so popular that it will open again for one night only on Wednesday 8, September 2010 between 6.30 - 8.00 pm.

So far, nearly 200 supporters have come and enjoyed the exhibition which includes a tour of the Board Room, viewing the new stand from the Director's Box and entry into the players lounge.

If you are interested please come along next Wednesday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by oregonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The recent exhibition has proved so popular that it will open again for one night only on Wednesday 8, September 2010 between 6.30 - 8.00 pm.

So far, nearly 200 supporters have come and enjoyed the exhibition which includes a tour of the Board Room, viewing the new stand from the Director's Box and entry into the players lounge.

Worth seeing, very interesting.........

Left by mutual consent!

Nice one - appreciate the efforts made to have it open on a weekday. I wasn't able to make it either Saturday & I know one or two other people who were hoping to see it who couldn't make it Saturdays either having got roped into other things with Hibs not playing until the Sunday! I'll certainly be along to see it - looking forward to it.

Excellent exhibition - well worth a visit and credit to the Trust.

The previous Historical Trust Exhibitions have all been excellent, would have liked to see this unfortunately can't make next Wed.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Aye, was a good afternoon out but wonder if Rod will put 50p in the meter for the floodlights leccy, the nights are fair drawing in now and with the east stand being further from the west now you might not see much!

Thanks to the admins for putting the message up here!

I am sure if you were to go down during the day the front desk people will let you go up and have a look in the gallery!...if you ask nicely.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Me and Mrs Surreyhibbie went along when we were up for a wee holiday, it was really worth the visit!
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Just a wee reminder that this is tonight folks.

How much is it?

Entry is free.

Thanks

Over 100 again tonight. Thanks to everyone who attended. Ran over by half an hour.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Anybody get any pictures of this tour/exhibition? I couldn't make it on any of the dates unfortunately.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Over 100 again tonight. Thanks to everyone who attended. Ran over by half an hour.

excellent work from the Historical Trust guys, very interesting stuff indeed.

First Team Breakthrough 12AlbionPlace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    excellent work from the Historical Trust guys, very interesting stuff indeed.
    Just to echo what Degenerated said, I went along last night, these guys do a fantastic job putting together and maintaining the collection. An invaluable collection showing where the club have been and where they are going.
    :notworthy:

That view from the directors box is stunning and should make every fan proud of what has been achieved at Hibs in a relatively short time.

No apologies for the happy clapping but it's worth celebrating the positives from time to time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just echoing what others have said. Excellent exhibition,well researched & well constructed. Some great exhibits including detailed architectural drawings of old stands & i loved the unusual exhibits such as the giant floodlight bulb, the number from the old scoreboard & last, but not least, the piece of wooden terracing from the 1920's with the giant iron pins uncovered when the new East Stand was being built. Also liked that it looked at the wider Edinburgh picture with photos & details of grounds long gone.

Well worth the visit & as I couldn't make it on either of the original Saturday dates a personal thanks to the lads from the Trust for giving up more time to put on a midweek date.

Quote Originally Posted by 12AlbionPlace View Post
    Just to echo what Degenerated said, I went along last night, these guys do a fantastic job putting together and maintaining the collection. An invaluable collection showing where the club have been and where they are going.
    :notworthy:

That view from the directors box is stunning and should make every fan proud of what has been achieved at Hibs in a relatively short time.

No apologies for the happy clapping but it's worth celebrating the positives from time to time.
    Not sure what to say about this bit, sort of tongue in cheek, but – I WANT TO BE A DIRECTOR – THESE SEATS ARE REALLY COMFY! Never mind the nibbles

Well done to all involved, I was there on the first Saturday and appreciated the effort.
    Space to let