hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you count our defense tipping it to the midfield and then the midfield tipping it to each other as a slow build up then ok, but the result is usually they lose the ball or end up hitting it long.
    Ok so its not exactly like mixu but the result is generally the same.
    Thats completely different though, if we were just trying to get it as forward as quickly as possible like we did under Mixu then we wouldn't do the tippy tappy stuff from defence to midfield then back to defence again.

Right now, i think the intent is there to try and play football we're just not good enough to play it, this is where Yogi needs to re-think the tactics, right now we would probably be just better going back to the Williamson/Mixu days of lumping it forward as quickly as possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thats completely different though, if we were just trying to get it as forward as quickly as possible like we did under Mixu then we wouldn't do the tippy tappy stuff from defence to midfield then back to defence again.

Right now, i think the intent is there to try and play football we're just not good enough to play it, this is where Yogi needs to re-think the tactics, right now we would probably be just better going back to the Williamson/Mixu days of lumping it forward as quickly as possible.
    Agreed, if we had a decent target man then it would at least be something that resembles a tatic to hit it long, we hit long all the time to a guy thats not suited to playing the role.
    Hughes talks about expansive flowing attacking football buts thats all it is talk, how can you hope to expand a game without having any width in the team and by being as one paced as its possible to be.

Hughes should be banned from speaking to the press. Let Rice or Evans do it.

Our Manager admits in the Evening News that Stokes was not in the right frame of mind yesterday - so he leaves him on and subs Riordan ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Agreed, if we had a decent target man then it would at least be something that resembles a tatic to hit it long, we hit long all the time to a guy thats not suited to playing the role.
    Hughes talks about expansive flowing attacking football buts thats all it is talk, how can you hope to expand a game without having any width in the team and by being as one paced as its possible to be.
    Another thing that baffles me is that he went on during the summer about how wonderful it would be to have the extra width from the new park but we play the ball through the middle and don't use that option...

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Another thing that baffles me is that he went on during the summer about how wonderful it would be to have the extra width from the new park but we play the ball through the middle and don't use that option...
    I honestly believe that when hughes talks about attacking football it like a chinese player thats just signed for celtic claiming he always supported the hoops as a boy. He knows what we all want to hear so just says it. He's not got a clue how to deliver it but if he keeps repeating it he will keep the vast amount of the support happy.

I believe its time to start again and start bringing all the young guys like Hanlon, Booth, Byrne, Welsh, Currie, Galbraith etc into the team, I reckon young players will play more on instinct and tend to ignore the slavering coming from the side lines. We might not finish third but at least it would be more interesting than what happened yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    I honestly believe that when hughes talks about attacking football it like a chinese player thats just signed for celtic claiming he always supported the hoops as a boy. He knows what we all want to hear so just says it. He's not got a clue how to deliver it but if he keeps repeating it he will keep the vast amount of the support happy.

I believe its time to start again and start bringing all the young guys like Hanlon, Booth, Byrne, Welsh, Currie, Galbraith etc into the team, I reckon young players will play more on instinct and tend to ignore the slavering coming from the side lines. We might not finish third but at least it would be more interesting than what happened yesterday.

He doesn't have a clue in the slightest.. We got away with so many results in the early part of last season because we were an unknown quantity.. Teams soon cottened on to how we wanted to play and we became predictable....

When results were going against us in the 2nd half of last season that's when JH had to earn his dough and change it to stop us getting beat and picking up poor results..

However , nothing changed and we had a terrible second half of the season...

I would love to see the younger players getting a chance.. Results would maybe stay the same but at least we had a future bunch of first teamers on the pitch who would give there all....

I think the EN are being quite lenient with Yogi over the last 8 months.

He does seem to think he is untouchable at the moment.

When does David Hardie ever ask a serious question ?, it must be the easiest Journo job on the planet as all he does is repeat what ever dross that Hughes spouts.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Remember he was also one game away from winning the Scottish Cup in the same season
    without wanting to be overly negative, i don't think a cup run says as much about a manager's ability as a relegation near-miss...