hibs.net Messageboard

Page 403 of 407 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,090 of 12187
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perfect storm of the Dolphins offence being really good and the Broncos D being really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad. The rushing touchdowns in the 4th quarter very much looked like a team that had given up.

I've got Raheem Mostert in my Fantasy team, a cool 42.50 points. Also got the Bill defence which was another 32
    They've looked excellent against poor opposition so far but it will be interesting to see how they get on next weekend against a better team.

I've got Tua and Hill in my fantasy team so not a bad day for them at all either, although it pales into insignificance compared to Mostert and Achane.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They’ll score points against everyone as the offence is so fast and explosive, and Tua looks like an established top QB this season.

Signs of the defence showing what they’ve been well-known for in recent years, while there’s room for improvement.

Players to return and a great start (2 road games out the way with Ws). It will be a different test against the Bills but an exciting season ahead and I’m in no doubt we can mix it with anyone.

🐬🔥

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    They’ll score points against everyone as the offence is so fast and explosive, and Tua looks like an established top QB this season.

Signs of the defence showing what they’ve been well-known for in recent years, while there’s room for improvement.

Players to return and a great start (2 road games out the way with Ws). It will be a different test against the Bills but an exciting season ahead and I’m in no doubt we can mix it with anyone.

🐬🔥
    The big difference from last year is having something on the ground. Last year it was always going to be across the middle or looking for the deep ball. Yesterday we only called 26 pass plays. It kept the Broncos guessing and they couldn't utilise their blitz which they love to do.

Flores never wanted Tua and made no attempt to build a system that fitted with him. McDaniel has built a play book that plays to his strengths, quick release and accuracy. He's never going to be a gunslinger and he'll always be fragile but he's showing signs of being a top 5 QB this season.

Bigger test on Sunday but it's set up to be a great game. I started following the Dolphins in 1998 so missed the vast majority of the Marino era, barring a season with Chad Pennington under centre this is the first time there has been any real feeling that we are on the right track, I'm going to enjoy the ride.

The big difference from last year is having something on the ground. Last year it was always going to be across the middle or looking for the deep ball. Yesterday we only called 26 pass plays. It kept the Broncos guessing and they couldn't utilise their blitz which they love to do.

Flores never wanted Tua and made no attempt to build a system that fitted with him. McDaniel has built a play book that plays to his strengths, quick release and accuracy. He's never going to be a gunslinger and he'll always be fragile but he's showing signs of being a top 5 QB this season.

Bigger test on Sunday but it's set up to be a great game. I started following the Dolphins in 1998 so missed the vast majority of the Marino era, barring a season with Chad Pennington under centre this is the first time there has been any real feeling that we are on the right track, I'm going to enjoy the ride.
    👍

Disappointed and a little surprised we’re not the sky game, but then can’t really complain at our coverage so far!

Would’ve been a cracking way to round off a great ‘alternative sport’ Sunday with the NRL final, L’arc, and Ryder cup climax beforehand!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    A bit of a hambling for the Pack last night. I think we're going to have to take the ups and downs while these guys find their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    👍

Disappointed and a little surprised we’re not the sky game, but then can’t really complain at our coverage so far!

Would’ve been a cracking way to round off a great ‘alternative sport’ Sunday with the NRL final, L’arc, and Ryder cup climax beforehand!
    Oh.. apparently we are on live! Good stuff

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Miami can’t fail to win the superbowl this year with that offence. It’s a done deal already imo.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Miami can’t fail to win the superbowl this year with that offence. It’s a done deal already imo.
    Pity our defence has looked like a community college set up in the 1st half.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    allen and diggs have been great here HT Bills 31 Dolphins 14

tiz a hammering 48-20 at the start of the 4th
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-10-2023 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What a game between Texas and Oklahoma this evening.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Go Lions!!!

Are you listening yet?

Devon Achane looked the real deal for the Dolphins. The most excited I have been about a running back since we had Ricky Williams and that wasn't yesterday.

Lions look a serious team this year. Pleased for Dan Campbell, always liked him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Stanford have given me dick to cheer about this season really but that comeback last night was Pats v Falcons esque!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Jets beat Philly Eagles for the first time in their franchise history 20-14

their defence was brilliant

Why have Tennessee got Oilers branding today? I get that Houston moved to Tennessee years ago but franchises moving is nothing new so just wondering why the nod today?

only watched this Giants/Jets game because it was a derby but my goodness it has been absolutely awful, constant rain hasn't helped though, 15 punts in the 1st half alone and with just 3 mins remaining 22 overall, most in the NFL for over 20 years, Jets have given away 85 yards in penalties with a couple of them you just wouldn't believe they were pro's

two min warning and it's 10-7 Giants

if jets coach had hair he would have torn the lot out by the end of this game

zach wilson sacked yet again

NY's Gano misses his 2nd FG of the game with 23 secs remaining

1 second remaining jets tie it with a 35 yard FG

overtime coming up

commentator "one of the ugliest best games you'll ever see"

jets 33 yard FG to win it.......... jets win
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 29-10-2023 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Why have Tennessee got Oilers branding today? I get that Houston moved to Tennessee years ago but franchises moving is nothing new so just wondering why the nod today?
    Most teams have a 'throwback' kit they wear a couple of times a season. Dolphins were in ours today as well with the old (proper) logo.

I loved the Steelers effort but they were almost universally slated:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1387925-pittsburgh-steelers-throwback-uniforms-grading-the-outlandish-retro-jerseys.amp.html
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 29-10-2023 at 07:50 PM.

after 8 years and 16 straight defeats against the Chiefs Broncos finally beat them 24-9

Taylor wasn't there to watch it
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 30-10-2023 at 12:21 AM.

Packers win 3-20 against Rams after a four game losing streak to go 3-5, tough schedule ahead though

looking forward to this Dallas cowboys @ Philly Eagles

CJ Stroud marches his team up the field with 46 seconds (and 2 time outs) for a game winning touchdown, also breaking Andrew Luck’s record for a rookie throwing yardage.

Looked very poised and in control, especially for a rookie

Final
    Philly Eagles 21 Kansas city Swifties 17 :)

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Final
    Philly Eagles 21 Kansas city Swifties 17 :)
    Wanted to watch this but was way to late to stay up.

Watched the highlights yesterday (side note how good are the NFL highlights on YouTube, Scottish football should take note!) and it was some game, lucky to walk away with the win, Chiefs looked very good getting to Hurts and unlucky (lucky for us) with a couple of drops, they should have been out of sight. Swift looked very good running and just shows the options we have i don't think AJ got much of a look in with most going to Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post

Watched the highlights yesterday (side note how good are the NFL highlights on YouTube, Scottish football should take note!) and it was some game, lucky to walk away with the win, Chiefs looked very good getting to Hurts and unlucky (lucky for us) with a couple of drops, they should have been out of sight. Swift looked very good running and just shows the options we have i don't think AJ got much of a look in with most going to Smith.
    Eagles’ ability to find wins in big games where they don’t play anywhere near their best (vs Cowboys and Chiefs) looks really ominous for the rest imo.

They’ll be a huge danger - as long as Hurts’ knee holds up.

Chiefs haven’t convinced me at all so far. Obviously Mahomes is top notch but he could really do with having some better receivers. There’s really not much there for him when Kelce is either dealt with defensively or not quite on his game.

I stayed up and watched the game, wasn’t a flowing classic but was still absolutely riveting viewing, a fairly attritional game. NFL is quite weird in that I think I prefer watching the slogs to the high scoring games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    A bit of a hambling for the Pack last night. I think we're going to have to take the ups and downs while these guys find their feet.
    Q1 v Lions is an up. Let’s see what happens next. They’re not dull, at any rate!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Q1 v Lions is an up. Let’s see what happens next. They’re not dull, at any rate!
    Still up at the 2 Minute warning. Love is getting better and some of the back ups have been outstanding tonight. Regardless of what happens now, they have played well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Decent game - first one I've watched in full this season!

Love looked outstanding.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I can’t help but hear Dak’s “here we gooooooo”

Every. Single. Snap.

The Jets must be the stupidest team in football. They have all but beat themselves tonight, easy to see why they can't put any offensive points on the board.

The Jets must be the stupidest team in football. They have all but beat themselves tonight, easy to see why they can't put any offensive points on the board.
    That pick 6 tonight was absolutely epic.

Must be pish to be a Jets fan right now, they are absolutely brutal.

I do enjoy watching the Dolphins although it looked like that pitch claimed another Achilles tonight which won’t have helped them any.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post

after watching Hurts sacked five times in the first half alone then sacked again with the first drive of the Q3 i started watching something else as i just knew it wasn't meant to be, until i switched back for the 4thQ and was rather shocked to see Philly leading Mahomes had a brilliant throw right at the end and the dude caught the ball in the end zone but it just slipped away from his grasp, blame a wet ball for that one i think.

that game could well prove to be a preview for Superbowl
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-11-2023 at 05:12 PM.