hibs.net Messageboard

Page 401 of 401 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401
Results 12,001 to 12,022 of 12022
  1. #12001
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate that call. Still a great game but hate to see that.
    I didnít really get the sky sports co-commentatorís gripe (not sure what ex player it was).. his main argument seemed to be that it was late in the game and close and he didnít want a penalty sealing their fate. Mike Pereira seemed pretty sure it was the right call, and heís never wrong 😁

    Itís a bit like the old Ďitís early in the gameí or Ďyou donít want to see someone get a second yellow for thatí arguments in football. Rules are rules and should apply the same throughout for me.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #12002
    @hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My Bit
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,325
    That 2nd half was crazy. Considering how good the Eagles D line has been they were completely ineffective against Mahomes. Never got close to him. A lot to be said about that questionable holding call.

  4. #12003
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That 2nd half was crazy. Considering how good the Eagles D line has been they were completely ineffective against Mahomes. Never got close to him. A lot to be said about that questionable holding call.
    It was outrageous. So so marginal and at THAT moment to throw a flag on Bradberry there was terrible, ended the game. I think the Chiefs deserved the win for that second half performance but without the flag the eagles get a chance to drive back down the field with 1.49 left, plenty of time for the Eagles to win it.

  5. #12004
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t really get the sky sports co-commentator’s gripe (not sure what ex player it was).. his main argument seemed to be that it was late in the game and close and he didn’t want a penalty sealing their fate. Mike Pereira seemed pretty sure it was the right call, and he’s never wrong ��

    It’s a bit like the old ‘it’s early in the game’ or ‘you don’t want to see someone get a second yellow for that’ arguments in football. Rules are rules and should apply the same throughout for me.
    Almost all the comment ive heard or read post game is that it was a bad call. The problem is the whole defensive PI rules have become so stacked against the defence that its impossible to cover a receiver without some contact. You are allowed some contact, but youre not allowed a grab. That wasnt a grab and it doesnt change the momentum of the receiver anyway. Those kinds of things happen on most routes and are never called. I would love it if they went back to the 'you're allowed two jams on the guy and then leave him alone' rule for pass coverage.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 13-02-2023 at 03:14 PM.

  6. #12005
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,844
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I think Bradberry has now said it was the right call. It was marginal from my point of view but I'm no expert.

    Still I think that was probably my favourite ever Superbowl last night - whoever had won would have deserved it.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 13-02-2023 at 03:12 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  7. #12006
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Bradberry has now said it was the right call. It was marginal from my point of view but I'm no expert.

    Still I think that was probably my favourite ever Superbowl last night - whoever had one would have deserved it.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/
    Well i disagree with him, maybe hes trying to be classy I agree the game was absolutely spectacular, it had everything. Mahomes and Hurts were both as good as each other, some of the passes were miraculous. Hurts had 15 runs for 70 yards, TEN of those runs were for first downs. That's incredible, you never hear of QBs doing that.

  8. #12007
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Some big tradesÖJalen Ramsey to the Dolphins Patrick Peterson to the Steelers, and two of the QB scenarios get resolved, Garrapolo goes to the Raiders to fill Derek Carrs spot, who cost the Saints a surprisingly high amount of cap.

    The Bears have the biggest cap space, now have a few proven veterans and some extra picks thanks to trading away the #1 pick, and will be going shopping.

  9. #12008
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some big tradesÖJalen Ramsey to the Dolphins Patrick Peterson to the Steelers, and two of the QB scenarios get resolved, Garrapolo goes to the Raiders to fill Derek Carrs spot, who cost the Saints a surprisingly high amount of cap.

    The Bears have the biggest cap space, now have a few proven veterans and some extra picks thanks to trading away the #1 pick, and will be going shopping.
    Happy with the Ramsey trade as it means we can release Byron Jones and replace him with better for relatively little cap hit.

    Albeit with Hunter Long going the other way and Mike Gesicki both not fitting the current system and set to hit free agency we are a bit short at TE with not a lot to work with to rectify that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  10. #12009
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some big tradesÖJalen Ramsey to the Dolphins Patrick Peterson to the Steelers, and two of the QB scenarios get resolved, Garrapolo goes to the Raiders to fill Derek Carrs spot, who cost the Saints a surprisingly high amount of cap.

    The Bears have the biggest cap space, now have a few proven veterans and some extra picks thanks to trading away the #1 pick, and will be going shopping.

    some decent signings so far from the Bears, need to do some work on the D-line and maybe another 1-2 for the O-line. Orlando Brown still not signed with anyone I donít think, would be a great addition

  11. #12010
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    some decent signings so far from the Bears, need to do some work on the D-line and maybe another 1-2 for the O-line. Orlando Brown still not signed with anyone I donít think, would be a great addition
    The Bears are basically playing franchise mode and buying a new team. Must be fun for the GM.

  12. #12011
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy with the Ramsey trade as it means we can release Byron Jones and replace him with better for relatively little cap hit.

    Albeit with Hunter Long going the other way and Mike Gesicki both not fitting the current system and set to hit free agency we are a bit short at TE with not a lot to work with to rectify that.
    Jalen Ramsey has apparently regressed last season but at his best heís a genuine shutdown corner, he was a big problem for Seattle in division games and a big reason we had such a terrible record against the Rams.

  13. #12012
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bears are basically playing franchise mode and buying a new team. Must be fun for the GM.

    they are, he tore it down over the last year or so, cleared the decks with heavy contracts and looked to start a reset from now

  14. #12013
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    50,159
    Aaron Rodgers traded from my favourite side to my 2nd Favourite side

    Aaron Rodgers trade grades: Packers, Jets both get what they want, come out as winners ahead of 2023 NFL Draft - CBSSports.com


    all this stuff confuses me :)

  15. #12014
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aaron Rodgers traded from my favourite side to my 2nd Favourite side

    Aaron Rodgers trade grades: Packers, Jets both get what they want, come out as winners ahead of 2023 NFL Draft - CBSSports.com


    all this stuff confuses me :)
    Itís two second round picks from GBP to NYJ, net. For a 39 year old QB who was one of the best of all time but who was refusing to play for his actual team anymore, itís probably a good deal for both parties. The NFC East is now absolutely stacked with talent.

  16. #12015
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    50,159
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís two second round picks from GBP to NYJ, net. For a 39 year old QB who was one of the best of all time but who was refusing to play for his actual team anymore, itís probably a good deal for both parties. The NFC East is now absolutely stacked with talent.

    i'm not going to even kid-on i know the first thing about all this draft stuff, seriously, i'm still a bit away from knowing all the rules during a game tbf i've only been watching Superbowls for approx 30 years, and then watching a couple of games every Sunday for the last couple of years, a pretty slow learning process

    i'm quite astonished at just how much some of the bigger names earn in this sport Aaron Rodgers trade: Super Bowl or bust for the Jets? What's next (espn.com)


    It's easy to understand why the Packers were ready to move on. Love has sat on the bench for most of his first three seasons and has a fifth-year option decision coming due this spring. Rodgers is owed a $58.3 million bonus before the 2023 season and a whopping $108.7 million over the next two years. After he came out of his darkness retreat and announced he wanted to play for the Jets in 2023, the writing was on the wall regarding his relationship with Green Bay.

  17. #12016
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,324
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    He'll improve the Jets, no doubt. They're dreadful.

    The ownership need to back it up by giving Rodgers some weapons to use though.

    His acquisition definitely makes the AFC East an interesting place this year. Still can't see by the Bills winning the division, but could we see the Patriots finishing bottom of the division this year? It wouldn't surprise me - our off-season business so far really hasn't convinced me.

    I'm set to be out in San Fran for the first few weeks of the new season, so also keeping an eye on the 49ers this off-season to see what I can expect. A full ST for Stanford, but I might look at getting to a few games in Santa Clara too!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

  18. #12017
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm not going to even kid-on i know the first thing about all this draft stuff, seriously, i'm still a bit away from knowing all the rules during a game tbf i've only been watching Superbowls for approx 30 years, and then watching a couple of games every Sunday for the last couple of years, a pretty slow learning process

    i'm quite astonished at just how much some of the bigger names earn in this sport Aaron Rodgers trade: Super Bowl or bust for the Jets? What's next (espn.com)


    It's easy to understand why the Packers were ready to move on. Love has sat on the bench for most of his first three seasons and has a fifth-year option decision coming due this spring. Rodgers is owed a $58.3 million bonus before the 2023 season and a whopping $108.7 million over the next two years. After he came out of his darkness retreat and announced he wanted to play for the Jets in 2023, the writing was on the wall regarding his relationship with Green Bay.
    The main thing to get your head around with the draft is how they are used for trades. If team A wants a proven veteran to fill a crucial position from another team they normally have to give up one or more draft pick the following season(s). Team B will then take the place of team A in the draft order for that Aprils draft. The seriously top college players are all chosen in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft, so for the Jets to give up two second rounders in exchange for Rodgerís surprised a lot of people ; not because heís not great, but because of his age, and because heís coming off a relatively bad season by his high standards.

    If a team is really desperate for one of the leagues top players they will sometimes give up as much as two or three first round picks and or trade away other starting players. That doesnít happen often. Some franchises like to build through trading away all their top draft picks for trades for proven veterans (LA Rams last few years a good example), and other teams do the opposite when theyíre rebuilding. The Panthers have decided to trade into the overall #1 pick this year because they need a QB and they want the best young player coming out of college. This will probably be CJ Stroud or Bryce Young, but they could spring a surprise and go for Anthony Richardson instead. Also watch for the large number of players coming from the biggest colleges; Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, a few others, because they have pro type programs and where the top high school players are attracted to in the first place.

    Most of the big decisions will be made in the middle of the night Friday am our time.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-04-2023 at 07:10 AM.

  19. #12018
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm not going to even kid-on i know the first thing about all this draft stuff, seriously, i'm still a bit away from knowing all the rules during a game tbf i've only been watching Superbowls for approx 30 years, and then watching a couple of games every Sunday for the last couple of years, a pretty slow learning process

    i'm quite astonished at just how much some of the bigger names earn in this sport Aaron Rodgers trade: Super Bowl or bust for the Jets? What's next (espn.com)


    It's easy to understand why the Packers were ready to move on. Love has sat on the bench for most of his first three seasons and has a fifth-year option decision coming due this spring. Rodgers is owed a $58.3 million bonus before the 2023 season and a whopping $108.7 million over the next two years. After he came out of his darkness retreat and announced he wanted to play for the Jets in 2023, the writing was on the wall regarding his relationship with Green Bay.
    Lamar Jackson resigns with the Ravens, 5 year, $260million contract (thatís a quarter of a billion our money!) to make him the newest highest paid player ever (until the next tranche of big name QBs reach the end of their contracts and tue record gets broken again).

  20. #12019
    With Bryce Young going to the Panthers that means the last 4 Alabama starting QBs could all be starters in the NFL next year; Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac Jones and Young.

    I'm not sure if that has happened before but it's an impressive accolade for their football program.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #12020
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    33,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Bryce Young going to the Panthers that means the last 4 Alabama starting QBs could all be starters in the NFL next year; Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac Jones and Young.

    I'm not sure if that has happened before but it's an impressive accolade for their football program.
    Thatís a good take, hadnít realised that. The Tide can produce Forrest Gump and QBs

    I donít follow college football very closely at all but in terms of players grading it looks like the Texans did well with their last minute trading to get the top edge rusher AND one of the top two QBs, The Eagles got the top DT at #9 I saw projected at #5 AND an edge rusher at the end of the round and the Seahawks will be pleased to have nabbed the top receiver at #20 as well as the top defensive back at #5. Falcons and Lions both go for exciting young running backs early, Robinson and Gibbs, whose careers will be worth watching.

    The big question day 2 is which team gets the last remaining star QB of this class, Levis out of Kentucky, highly rated but will probably be warming the bench behind a veteran now, whoever picks him.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 28-04-2023 at 07:08 AM.

  22. #12021
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    50,159
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 22-05-2023 at 11:06 PM.

  23. #12022
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,631
    Lions 25/1 unheard of odds. Lump on. This time Lions, this time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)