hibs.net Messageboard

Page 398 of 406 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,940 of 12180
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Lions! Lions! Lions!

2. Log in to remove the advert

This whole Tua concussion story is not a good look for either the Dolphins or the NFL. With the continuing focus on CTE and player welfare it's a pretty grim episode. I watched both the games on Sunday v the Bill and last night at the Bengals and it was obvious that he was dealing with a head injury on both occasions, regardless of the revision to the story between HT on Sunday and the 1st injury report of the week. I don't blame the player, he looked to be on the verge of a breakout season and he's a tough guy, of course he wants to play. Players need protected from themselves though and the events of the last 2 games calls into question the integrity of both the medical team in Miami and the independent medical evaluator(s) put in place by the league.

From a purely football point of view I really don't know what the Dolphins were thinking either. We had a tough start; with the Patriots, Ravens, Bills and Bengals I would have been happy with 2-2 but wouldn't have been surprised by 1-3 or even 0-4. To go into last night at 3-0 was very good. It was a tough road game on a short turnaround after a war with the Bills. Just sit him and go with Bridgewater and give him time to recover for the upcoming games. We are now going to go into a better run of games against the Jets, Lions, Steelers, Bears, Browns and Texans (I would have been looking for 4-2 minimum from that) with a back up who looks washed for a fair few of them. Suddenly a winnable run of games looks a whole lot harder. A pretty self destructive few days on a number of levels.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It's weird, the short term thinking is the opposite of what they should be doing with him he's a potential franchise QB. When Aaron Rodgers went through a few concussion concerns from afar I thought it was handled well, they bit the bullet and gave him a few weeks off and built him a better helmet to protect the sides of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole Tua concussion story is not a good look for either the Dolphins or the NFL. With the continuing focus on CTE and player welfare it's a pretty grim episode. I watched both the games on Sunday v the Bill and last night at the Bengals and it was obvious that he was dealing with a head injury on both occasions, regardless of the revision to the story between HT on Sunday and the 1st injury report of the week. I don't blame the player, he looked to be on the verge of a breakout season and he's a tough guy, of course he wants to play. Players need protected from themselves though and the events of the last 2 games calls into question the integrity of both the medical team in Miami and the independent medical evaluator(s) put in place by the league.

From a purely football point of view I really don't know what the Dolphins were thinking either. We had a tough start; with the Patriots, Ravens, Bills and Bengals I would have been happy with 2-2 but wouldn't have been surprised by 1-3 or even 0-4. To go into last night at 3-0 was very good. It was a tough road game on a short turnaround after a war with the Bills. Just sit him and go with Bridgewater and give him time to recover for the upcoming games. We are now going to go into a better run of games against the Jets, Lions, Steelers, Bears, Browns and Texans (I would have been looking for 4-2 minimum from that) with a back up who looks washed for a fair few of them. Suddenly a winnable run of games looks a whole lot harder. A pretty self destructive few days on a number of levels.
    Yep, when he got up after the hit in the Bills game he was staggering, the commentator called it out, said he was 'woozy', but then after the game the team call it a back injury, Tua himself says its a back injury, and nobody flags it up until he gets slammed on the head the very next week?

With all the care and attention the league is supposedly paying to this issue because of the high likelihood of future litigation it was a really bad look. I didnt particularly like McDaniel talking about 'only' a concussion, either.

Bridgewater is one of the leagues better backups, and with those two receivers Waddle and Hill you only really need an average QB to have an explosive passing game. I think Miami will be fine.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 30-09-2022 at 01:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Jets 2nd and goal at steelers nice move for a TD 0-10

they've only led for 22 seconds this season, now up to 6+ mins

jets do it again right at the death to win 24-20, 2-0 on the road for the first time since 2015

looking forward to Packers v Patriots, hope it's a more exciting game than the Brady/Rodgers game last week

mon Green Bay
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 02-10-2022 at 08:20 PM.

M Stanford having a nightmare again against San Francisco. I’d rather have Goff back from the Lions. 6 sacks tonight and a touchdown interception. Looks like 7 straight for San Francisco in regular season against the Rams. 24-9 looks like final

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    M Stanford having a nightmare again against San Francisco. I’d rather have Goff back from the Lions. 6 sacks tonight and a touchdown interception. Looks like 7 straight for San Francisco in regular season against the Rams. 24-9 looks like final
    NFC west is a very weird division for bogey teams. No matter which team is better in the NFL overall, the 49ers always beat the Rams, the Rams always beat the Seahawks, but the Seahawks always beat the 49ers! (16-5) over 10 years. Including Arizona, all four teams are 2-2, but my money is still on the Rams. Far too talented a roster to be down for long.

Packers v Giants on ITV tomorrow from 2pm.

Packers aint going to any Super bowl this season

Why do you attempt a fake punt at your own 20 yard line, EVER, far less when the score is 10-10 in the second quarter?

I want to see Pete Carrolls press conference after Seattle inevitably lose this game now.

what on earth has happened to Green Bay Packers this season

1st & Goal...meh
    2nd & Goal...meh
    3rd & Goal...meh
    4th & Goal...intercepted

they've been dreadful this season

Green Bay now on a 5-game losing streak for first time since 2008, Rodgers first season as a QB

Detroit Lions win 15-9 and are now 2-6, Green Bay 3-6
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 06-11-2022 at 09:13 PM.

I enjoy American football now and then but not into it enough for posts.

I am just about to start watching the darkside of American football on c4 on demand.

I assume its from the same makers of darkside of the ring.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm surprised there has been no chat about this, Ohio St v Michigan about to kick off, both teams unbeaten.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What a game, currently 45-23 to Michigan, I thought Ohio St would win but Michigan just bossed them in the second half.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Despite being a completely **** season, at least we beat duh bears GPG.

three games in a row Bengals have beaten the Chiefs

FT 27-24

Patriots

Explain that. If you thought the World Cup final was mad. What were they doing???!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I’ve given up trying to work out what we’re doing. It’s like everyone just tossed their hands in the air this year and decided to wait til next season.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thoughts with Hamlin, this is horrible to watch.

Absolutely awful scenes in Cincinnati tonight.

As things currently stand the players have been taken off the pitch for a while after one of the Bills players suffered a very serious injury, leading to him needing to have CPR carried out on the pitch.

I'm a fairly recent convert to this sport and I've been taken aback at quite how hard they hit each other. Obviously you expect muscle injuries and the odd broken bone but you don't expect anything like this.

Hard to see how the players can regain their focus and continue this game.

Very reminiscent of what it was like during the Christian Eriksen incident.

Here's hoping it has as as positive an outcome as that but it didn't look or sound good.

Thoughts are with Damar Hamlin.
    Last edited by Smartie; 03-01-2023 at 02:34 AM.

The hit looked fairly routine, a big hit but something you see multiple times in a game.

Not sure if the subsequent collapse was caused by the contact or if the timing was just a coincidence.

Latest updates on Twitter seem to suggest Hamlin has a pulse but isn't breathing on his own. Horrible to watch and hopefully there is some positive news soon.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I’d planned to watch that but sleep beat me, potentially one of the games of the season already. Very worrying, and although the diagnosis is cardiac arrest repeated blows to the head from a young age in this sport and rugby in particular continue to give cause for concern as science develops.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

I've seen a few medics on Twitter suggest the above as cause of the cardiac arrest. Not something I have ever heard of before but reads as pretty terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

I've seen a few medics on Twitter suggest the above as cause of the cardiac arrest. Not something I have ever heard of before but reads as pretty terrifying.
    The CPR was performed within 3 minutes, which according to that link is hopefully a good sign he’ll pull through.

So the two final playoff teams are Miami and Seattle, two defensive games last night decided by the kickers. Packers Patriots Lions Steelers miss out on the final week.

Philadelphia and Kansas City get first round bye

Saturday early UK Seattle at San Francisco
    Sunday late NY Giants at Minnesota
    Monday Tampa at Dallas

Saturday late LA Chargers at Jacksonville
    Sunday early 6pm UK Miami at Buffalo
    Sunday late Baltimore at Cincinnati
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 09-01-2023 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Packers didn't make it, they didn't deserve it at the end despite a good comeback in the second half of the season. Hopefully a wake up call that they can't rely soley on AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Packers didn't make it, they didn't deserve it at the end despite a good comeback in the second half of the season. Hopefully a wake up call that they can't rely soley on AR.
    Might be time to move on from Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Might be time to move on from Aaron.
    Unfortunately for the Packers, he’s due 60 million which will hamstring them for at least another season, unless he retires.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Unfortunately for the Packers, he’s due 60 million which will hamstring them for at least another season, unless he retires.
    yep, it's a tricky situation. I think unless he retires they will stick with him another year and trade Love who wont want to stick around. I can understand why they signed him on the deal they have following his MVP season but he didn't have anyone to pass to for the first half of the season.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    NFC North belongs to the Lions next season.
    At long long long last :)