hibs.net Messageboard

Page 396 of 406 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,880 of 12180
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Patrick Mahomes is just unreal
    He’s a joy to watch. Travis Kelce is also brilliant, what an athlete!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    21-21 13 secs remaining in the 3rd

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The Bengals hit the front 24-21.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Mahomes has completely bottled it from the end of the first half. Gotta fancy the Bengals now.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

pleasing

Wow! Bengals to the superbowl!!

HT

49ers 10 Rams 7

FT 17- 20

Garoppolo was rank in those last two drives, twice trying to catch Rams offside and backfiring big style

one dude gave away a 15 yard penalty for taunting, NFL players can be just as thick as football players huh

49ers Tartt dropping an easy interception which probably would have sealed a win, instead it led to the winning FG

anyway Rams v Bengals it is
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 31-01-2022 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    HT

49ers 10 Rams 7

FT 17- 20

Garoppolo was rank in those last two drives, twice trying to catch Rams offside and backfiring big style

one dude gave away a 15 yard penalty for taunting, NFL players can be just as thick as football players huh

49ers Tartt dropping an easy interception which probably would have sealed a win, instead it led to the winning FG

anyway Rams v Bengals it is
    The taunting rule has been a terrible experiment, it has to go in the off-season. A 15 yd penalty is enough to completely change a close game, and a flag is being thrown for nothing more than a player screaming in a release of adrenaline or enthusiasm in some cases

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The taunting rule has been a terrible experiment, it has to go in the off-season. A 15 yd penalty is enough to completely change a close game, and a flag is being thrown for nothing more than a player screaming in a release of adrenaline or enthusiasm in some cases
    Yep, agree with that. Terrible rule.

The Brian Flores v pretty much everyone else lawsuit could be interesting.

Some serious allegations including being offered money to throw games (particularly when you consider Stephen Ross's involvement with at least one gambling company). Meeting a QB (I assume Watson) in breach of tampering rules and then being essentially blackballed when a deal wasn't done. Also a text (allegedly sent to Flores in error from Bill Belichick) congratulating another person on getting the Giants job before Flores even interviewed, I think the allegation here is the Rooney rule was breached and Flores was interviewed with no intention of being considered for the job.

He's essentially just thrown away any chance of another NFL coaching job as he will be as unwelcome as Colin Kapaernick from this day forward so he must feel aggrieved enough to take such a step. Even if a HC role wasn't forthcoming this year, a year as a coordinator or position coach would have seen him considered again next year.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Anyone got any decent super bowl venues in Edinburgh?

Booked at one place but my mates are worried about the prices! Think it’s been awhile since they’ve been up the town!

Cheers!

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Anyone got any decent super bowl venues in Edinburgh?

Booked at one place but my mates are worried about the prices! Think it’s been awhile since they’ve been up the town!

Cheers!
    Edinburgh Wolves the local Football team are hosting a SuperBowl night at Phillys in the Gyle I believe

Kudos to the organisers for scheduling the Big Event tomorrow to coincide with Scottish half term :full marks:

What are we doing food wise this year? I’m doing enchiladas (chilli dogs were a big success last year but wanted to try something different) and the boy is lobbying for delivery pizza later.

Bengals please.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 12-02-2022 at 12:16 PM.

My mums cousin is American and California based, also happens to be a big Rams fan from their original LA tenure so I'll be rooting for them albeit I won't be too disappointed if the Bengals do it.

Chicken wings and blue cheese dressing is always my go to on Superbowl night and I doubt I'll change it up too much. I am at Chop House for a late lunch/early dinner though so might be all meated out.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Being a long suffering Lions fan (family in Michigan) the Rams winning with Matt Stafford is about as near as the Lions will get to winning the Superbowl

Just hope its a good game, Im hoping to stay up but will probably just make it to half time (as per normal)

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Tight start so far. Rams defence with the edge.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Burrow gets sacked for the 6th time this game

make that a 7th, got a sore one on the knee this time

still 20-16 Bengals

last 15

2 min warning Rams have it 1st & goal, i think they're winning it this drive

bengals player holding oh dear, criminal, automatic 1st down again

and another defence penalty, they've really shot themselves in the foot here, won't be any time for burrow

and their it is TD Rams, FG is good 23-20 Rams

1:25 remaining

oh my Burrow sacked yet again, most sacked QB in the regular season and 8th time here

Rams win it, could have been so different, think it was 2nd and 1 and burrow threw a bizarre one to absolutely no one no wonder even one of his team screwed his face/shook his head in a WTF was that burrows manner
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 14-02-2022 at 03:08 AM.

****ing boo, refs absolutely gifting it to the rams on a non existent call in the red zone…like watching rangers at ibrox

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    ****ing boo, refs absolutely gifting it to the rams on a non existent call in the red zone…like watching rangers at ibrox
    Behave what about the face mask by Tee Higgins on Jalen Ramsey in the 2nd quarter that led to Bengals touchdown ?The officials were poor tonight overall for both teams. First flag of the night was in the last quarter I think.

Currently at a Super bowl party in Florida with fellow Rams fans. Not many Rams fans though as most people here wanted Bengals win. What a nice feeling though Rams World Champions.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t really understand American Football at all but what has struck me since waking up this morning is that I’ve seen next to nothing about the actual game despite seeing hundreds of posts, pictures etc about the Super Bowl.

I’ve seen that The Rock done a speech, I’ve seen that Kanye West had his face completely covered, I’ve seen that OBJ wore $200k diamond encrusted boots, ive seen absolutely tons of stuff about the half time show, I’ve seen Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, I’ve seen a player proposing..

Is the actual sport just a total sideshow to all this stuff? I had to Google who actually won because it didn’t seem like that information was forthcoming amongst the avalanche of information about celebrities.

Btw, I don’t believe for a second that $200k diamond encrusted boots are designed for peak performance. If I was his manager he’d be getting told to get them changed pronto.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Well OBJ done his knee in half way through the game, so that doesn't say much about the boots.

We watched it on Gamepass last night for a change so it came with the full NBC broadcast including commercials. Totally different experience to watching it on BBC or Sky where there is loads of analysis between plays, whereas on the US coverage the game itself just gets lost in all the ad breaks, which are sometimes more entertaining than the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Behave what about the face mask by Tee Higgins on Jalen Ramsey in the 2nd quarter that led to Bengals touchdown ?The officials were poor tonight overall for both teams. First flag of the night was in the last quarter I think.

Currently at a Super bowl party in Florida with fellow Rams fans. Not many Rams fans though as most people here wanted Bengals win. What a nice feeling though Rams World Champions.
    Aye, in the 2nd quarter, not gifting another 4 downs from the 1 yard line with 1 minute left. Not quite the same.

**** the rams, a fake franchise uncared for by their own home city

Wow what a finish!!!!
    We’re in the playoffs
    Here we go 6 in a row we own the rams
    We ****ing own the rams!!!!!!!!
    Aye, in the 2nd quarter, not gifting another 4 downs from the 1 yard line with 1 minute left. Not quite the same.

Now I see where the bitterness comes from. It’s a great feeling knowing the 49ers own the Rams in your opinion but don’t own a Championship or a Super Bowl this year. Hope you enjoy your off season as much as I do.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

From a 49ers fan, that's a little ironic (since they no longer play anywhere near San Francisco!).

Can't say I enjoyed the game much. It was a great finale, but two pretty insipid teams. Felt for OBJ doing his knee - probably a lengthy period on the injury table if it's his ACL again. Refs definitely didn't cover themselves in glory - it was great that there were so few penalties throughout the game, but the missed facemask on Ramsey and then they non-call in the End Zone that let the Rams get to first and goal were dreadful.

Half time show wasn't my jam either - I get the basis for it (being in California) but it felt dated and a little cliched.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Well said, the Rams are a **** team, they’re parasites with zero identity. To be outnumbered in their own stadium in a super bowl is pathetic. Outside the hardcore fans there won’t be many fans celebrating their victory. Well done to the the players that pulled this off but it’s telling that Stafford still considers himself a Lion.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Now I see where the bitterness comes from. It’s a great feeling knowing the 49ers own the Rams in your opinion but don’t own a Championship or a Super Bowl this year. Hope you enjoy your off season as much as I do.
    shots fired

It was an interesting game with a lot of twists and a great ending, the entire first half the Bengals Oline held up pretty well, then they just seemed to implode and the Rams front four were all over Burrow. The Rams mortgaged their future on all these veteran free agents, congratulations to them but it doesn’t feel like a real ‘team’ to me, I definitely see no signs of a legacy. Burrow needs a better line and a blocking scheme that doesn’t leave him so exposed.

Bengals look as if they are building a decent team - if only they can protect their QB!

They were my second team when I started watching AF back when Channel 4 started showing it. Might retain my interest in the game whilst the Packers rebuild!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Brian Flores v pretty much everyone else lawsuit could be interesting.

Some serious allegations including being offered money to throw games (particularly when you consider Stephen Ross's involvement with at least one gambling company). Meeting a QB (I assume Watson) in breach of tampering rules and then being essentially blackballed when a deal wasn't done. Also a text (allegedly sent to Flores in error from Bill Belichick) congratulating another person on getting the Giants job before Flores even interviewed, I think the allegation here is the Rooney rule was breached and Flores was interviewed with no intention of being considered for the job.

He's essentially just thrown away any chance of another NFL coaching job as he will be as unwelcome as Colin Kapaernick from this day forward so he must feel aggrieved enough to take such a step. Even if a HC role wasn't forthcoming this year, a year as a coordinator or position coach would have seen him considered again next year.
    I see Flores has a job, coordinator in charge of linebackers and halftime cookies or something like that at Pittsburgh. 9 head coaching vacancies in the league, and a successful coach with a winning season at a weak team last year can’t get a head coaching job?

Fairly obvious what’s going on. Yet again, the NFL responds to claims of racism by blacklisting individuals.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I see Flores has a job, coordinator in charge of linebackers and halftime cookies or something like that at Pittsburgh. 9 head coaching vacancies in the league, and a successful coach with a winning season at a weak team last year can’t get a head coaching job?

Fairly obvious what’s going on. Yet again, the NFL responds to claims of racism by blacklisting individuals.
    It reeks, but given a number of other black coaches got HC gigs this year, the NFL can say "see, we're not racist at all", despite the overall process being incredibly flawed.

Would also note that it's very rare for guys who get fired from a head coaching position (especially their first one) to get another HC job right away. Those guys are generally expected to go elsewhere and be a coordinator for a few years before trying again.

Him not getting a job as a DC does seem to suggest that he's at least been partially blacklisted.

I was wanting Flores back in NE, ideally as the DC but I guess BB is comfortable with Jerrod Mayo and Steve having the reins there.