hibs.net Messageboard

Page 378 of 406 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,340 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he can stay fit, fine.

However, that 'if' is bigger than his ego.
    I wonder if he’ll wear that crushed velvet purple suit and matching pirate hat with the feather in it combo to his first session.

The most unbellychick signing ever.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I wonder if he’ll wear that crushed velvet purple suit and matching pirate hat with the feather in it combo to his first session.

The most unbellychick signing ever.
    He's taken a few players with ego in the past and turned them into grounded superstars (Talib, Ochocinco and even Brown for the short time he was in New England).

Personally, I'd rather see Stidham get a shot this year though - it's a full rebuild however you dress it up, so you might as well give the future a chance!

How I wish Jimmy G were still in New England...

NFL Game Pass is asking for £144 for coverage this season. Seems a bit expensive, are there other options? It might even be cheaper to get it through upgrading my Sky package?

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-...of-team-s-name

Could be the end for the Redskins...Marshall would be spinning in his grave.

Is it really that difficult for the Redskins to sit down with a few groups representing Native Americans and come up with a name and logo that nods to the history of the team name without the cultural stereotyping that is the real issue?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it really that difficult for the Redskins to sit down with a few groups representing Native Americans and come up with a name and logo that nods to the history of the team name without the cultural stereotyping that is the real issue?
    Apparently yes.

They’re one of these teams you can see not making it through the next few seasons. They’ll relocate the franchise to St Louis or Oakland or somewhere. Crap team, no identity, terrible owners, absent fans. When I started following the sport they were Super Bowl champions, had an iconic style with Riggins and the Hogs and were the most popular NFL team in the U.K.

Mahomes signs a 10 year deal!

Redskins will get a new name Monday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Redskins will get a new name Monday morning!
    Unbelievable what getting your merch taken off the Nike website will do for a franchise
    Was only a few years ago Snyder said he would ‘never’ change the name.

Is it going to be a derivation; ‘Lakota’, ‘warriors’? or do you go for a brand new brand? Hogs would be a nice nod to their on field past.

I think it’ll be Washington Warriors.

Unbelievable what getting your merch taken off the Nike website will do for a franchise
    Was only a few years ago Snyder said he would ‘never’ change the name.

Is it going to be a derivation; ‘Lakota’, ‘warriors’? or do you go for a brand new brand? Hogs would be a nice nod to their on field past.

I think it’ll be Washington Warriors.
    I heard it will be the G-Men .
    But Warriors is more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever the Washington Post has on Dan Snyder must be outrageous. Minority owners are selling up, media guys are saying it'll force him out...

And here it comes...! 15 women have accused some team scouts and members of Snyders inner circle of sexual harassment...

And here it comes...! 15 women have accused some team scouts and members of Snyders inner circle of sexual harassment...

this could end up like the Donald Sterling situation with the LA Clippers in the NBA, probably worse

Seattle have just broken the bank to acquire Jamal Adams. Given up a 1st round pick in 2021, 1st round pick in 2022 and our starter in the same position? For a player the Jets had to trade somewhere?!

He’d better be good.

Seattle have just broken the bank to acquire Jamal Adams. Given up a 1st round pick in 2021, 1st round pick in 2022 and our starter in the same position? For a player the Jets had to trade somewhere?!

He’d better be good.
    He’s the best player you never drafted 2first rounders sounds a lot but he’s a stud. You won’t be disappointed

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    College football looking like it's done this fall.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    College football looking like it's done this fall.

All Stanford faculty got an email from the Athletics Department last week informing us there wouldn't be football this Fall, so I've been waiting a formal announcement from the NCAA to confirm.

Not surprised - the practice facilities (certainly in Stanford) have been closed since March, and the students aren't currently allowed on campus.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    All Stanford faculty got an email from the Athletics Department last week informing us there wouldn't be football this Fall, so I've been waiting a formal announcement from the NCAA to confirm.

Not surprised - the practice facilities (certainly in Stanford) have been closed since March, and the students aren't currently allowed on campus.
    Good to know.

I have an incling that the NFL will probably go ahead but college will struggle to justify it.

A lot of noise from the SEC saying super conference but I think it's pie in the sky.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Good to know.

I have an incling that the NFL will probably go ahead but college will struggle to justify it.

A lot of noise from the SEC saying super conference but I think it's pie in the sky.

I originally anticipated (based on nothing but my own opinion) that the season might just become a divisional one, to prevent widespread out-of-conference travel. However, Stanford's medical department and hospital have been at the forefront of the efforts against Covid in terms of research, and it was Stanford research that identified a link between covid and cardiac concerns. Given the congenital risk of heart disease amongst the African American population, Stanford's president was quite quick in communicating his concerns a couple of months ago in other areas, so it doesn't really surprise me he's been one of the more vocal folks in the PAC-12.

Just watched hard knocks LA, I’ve got a question, seeing as how the chargers moved from San Diego to Los Angeles I feel they may have kept some of their chargers fans if they had rebranded as the California Chargers? Personally I think it sounds better but was there a stipulation that moving to LA and that “market” they had to be the LA chargers or did they miss a trick

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Just watched hard knocks LA, I’ve got a question, seeing as how the chargers moved from San Diego to Los Angeles I feel they may have kept some of their chargers fans if they had rebranded as the California Chargers? Personally I think it sounds better but was there a stipulation that moving to LA and that “market” they had to be the LA chargers or did they miss a trick
    I'd imagine they probably felt moving to LA would be enough to replace any lost fans - they would have been the only (correct me if I'm wrong?) sport team in LA that didn't use the city name too. It would have been quite arrogant IMO to use the state name instead when the other 2 California NFL teams both use their hometowns (well, almost - San Jose is 50 miles southeast of San Francisco...).

I'd imagine they probably felt moving to LA would be enough to replace any lost fans - they would have been the only (correct me if I'm wrong?) sport team in LA that didn't use the city name too. It would have been quite arrogant IMO to use the state name instead when the other 2 California NFL teams both use their hometowns (well, almost - San Jose is 50 miles southeast of San Francisco...).
    or 49 miles from Santa Clara still when you already have 1 team using the LA moniker and who has history in the town from before I feel a new start for the chargers could have been made more appealing using the California, it was just something I thought about

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    or 49 miles from Santa Clara still when you already have 1 team using the LA moniker and who has history in the town from before I feel a new start for the chargers could have been made more appealing using the California, it was just something I thought about
    Sorry, I did mean Santa Clara! D’oh!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Looks like channel 5 have got MNF for next 3 years.

Josh Rosen to Tampa is an interesting move. A year on the practice squad there with a bit of guidance from Brady might be what he needs.

I'm probably in a minority of one but I still think there is a good player there and I was sorry to see him leave Miami.

Just shows you how fickle the NFL can be. Many had Rosen as QB1 in the draft just 2 years ago. I think he can still be a good player, but was never QB1.

Josh Rosen to Tampa is an interesting move. A year on the practice squad there with a bit of guidance from Brady might be what he needs.

I'm probably in a minority of one but I still think there is a good player there and I was sorry to see him leave Miami.
    I spoke about him before, was very impressed with him at Arizona and I thought he’d be the starter and succeed in south Florida. Just another QB I predicted great things for that made me look daft (also Trubisky )

With QBs it’s the intangibles that matter.

Its a quietly smart move for Tampa, gives them and him a chance to develop, won't be expensive, and provides a possibly very good post-Brady plan/option

Re watching The Sopranos and didn't realise Lawrence Taylor makes an appearance.
    Ive just finally watched it Frankie Valli in the same episode. Dave Lee Roth not aged well at all.