hibs.net Messageboard

Page 375 of 407 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,250 of 12186
    Top 2 picks are as close to locks as you’re ever going to see. Burrow and Young will go 1&2.

There will be a WR run in the first with Ceede Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs likely to go in the teens. That still leaves about 6/7 really good WR to go in the rest of the first and then the second.

Miami may not have to trade up to get Tua as I can’t really see Detroit going QB and giants definitely aren’t.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Top 2 picks are as close to locks as you’re ever going to see. Burrow and Young will go 1&2.

There will be a WR run in the first with Ceede Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs likely to go in the teens. That still leaves about 6/7 really good WR to go in the rest of the first and then the second.

Miami may not have to trade up to get Tua as I can’t really see Detroit going QB and giants definitely aren’t.
    The Chargers are the worry when it comes to a QB. They have the draft capital to trade up if they really want one of Tua or Herbert. Miami can outbid pretty much anything they put on the table and still be in a strong position though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Chargers are the worry when it comes to a QB. They have the draft capital to trade up if they really want one of Tua or Herbert. Miami can outbid pretty much anything they put on the table and still be in a strong position though.
    The chat is the Chargers have genuine faith in Tyrod Taylor to be their starter, which seems optimistic.

Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks QB from 2011 season, died in a car crash aged 36 yesterday. Team captain, well liked by everyone, was a bit forgotten when Wilson got drafted the following season, but extremely sad news.

I reckon they would still be able to snag Herbert where they are but it’s whether they want to take the risk which they may not do. I think there may be attempts to jostle positions behind Washington as some may get nervous Tua/Herbert may not fall far..

Next seasons QB class is also very, very good. A few teams will have their eye on that and draft other areas with that in mind.

Here's a question I never knew the answer to.

Say the Patriots want to trade up to take one of these hot young QBs in the first few picks, say with Detroit at #3... At what point must they announce this trade publically? Is there a deadline? Do the Dolphins have time to then reconsider their strategy and move their draft board around or maybe even trade up themselves to mess with Bellichicks plan? Or is a trade announced at the moment of the pick only?

It's no secret that the Eagles need a WR, they had absolutely no deep threat last year which really harmed the offense. If I was drafting I'd be taking Henry Ruggs III in the first round, we might need to trade up a few places to get him, but he's incredibly fast and would add something really exciting to our offense.

I'd also be keen for us to take another WR in round 2, just to double down. We need more weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Here's a question I never knew the answer to.

Say the Patriots want to trade up to take one of these hot young QBs in the first few picks, say with Detroit at #3... At what point must they announce this trade publically? Is there a deadline? Do the Dolphins have time to then reconsider their strategy and move their draft board around or maybe even trade up themselves to mess with Bellichicks plan? Or is a trade announced at the moment of the pick only?
    If they are trading up to Detroit’s pick it would almost certainly be announced when Detroit were on the clock, so that Miami could not then trade up ahead of them. Can’t see how NE would move up this year tho. They don’t even have a second rounder. They would only be able to trade up to the mid teens probably at the cost of 2 further picks. They don’t have a shot at the top 3 QB’s. Love might be available and Fromm, Hurts and Eason should be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    It's no secret that the Eagles need a WR, they had absolutely no deep threat last year which really harmed the offense. If I was drafting I'd be taking Henry Ruggs III in the first round, we might need to trade up a few places to get him, but he's incredibly fast and would add something really exciting to our offense.

I'd also be keen for us to take another WR in round 2, just to double down. We need more weapons.
    Virtually every Mock I’ve seen has Eagles taking a WR in the first. Their would be a meltdown among fans if they didn’t with how good the quality is.

If they are trading up to Detroit’s pick it would almost certainly be announced when Detroit were on the clock, so that Miami could not then trade up ahead of them. Can’t see how NE would move up this year tho. They don’t even have a second rounder. They would only be able to trade up to the mid teens probably at the cost of 2 further picks. They don’t have a shot at the top 3 QB’s. Love might be available and Fromm, Hurts and Eason should be too.
    It was hypothetical on my part, I was just interested in the process. Although Danacek was speculating yesterday that Edelman could be used as capital and the Pats need a QB. The Lions need a slot guy. As do lots of teams of course.

It was hypothetical on my part, I was just interested in the process. Although Danacek was speculating yesterday that Edelman could be used as capital and the Pats need a QB. The Lions need a slot guy. As do lots of teams of course.
    Moving up from 23 > 3 would require a kings ransom as Detroit really need a franchise player around there. I think NE could move up a few spots to the teens to get love or trade back to get a second round pick and take a QB there.

We're tanking for Trev next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    We're tanking for Trev next season.
    Could be some competition there. I don’t know what the QB class is like after Lawrence and Fields so could be a fair bit of jostling for those 2.

I can't believe tanking is really a widespread 'thing' in the NFL. There's just too much to lose in the short term.

I can't believe tanking is really a widespread 'thing' in the NFL. There's just too much to lose in the short term.
    If you do it well and properly, not really. Some teams like the Browns for example, tanked and then whiffed majorly with high draft picks on Manziel and Kizer. Miami sold everything and now have a lot of picks so this should see them improve.

If you do it well and properly, not really. Some teams like the Browns for example, tanked and then whiffed majorly with high draft picks on Manziel and Kizer. Miami sold everything and now have a lot of picks so this should see them improve.
    'should' being the operative word. I don't think there's evidence that it's ever been used to success in the NFL.

'should' being the operative word. I don't think there's evidence that it's ever been used to success in the NFL.
    Depends if you mean full tank or a just a rebuild. Full take can take years to come into affect. 49ers had some high draft picks and reached Superbowl. As did Rams. Coaching is more important in my opinion, the great coaches restructure their roster really well without ever needing to draft really high.

Depends if you mean full tank or a just a rebuild. Full take can take years to come into affect. 49ers had some high draft picks and reached Superbowl. As did Rams. Coaching is more important in my opinion, the great coaches restructure their roster really well without ever needing to draft really high.
    The definition I've always heard for tanking is deliberately losing to benefit from the generous draft system. And I don't think I've seen an example where it's ever happened.

The definition I've always heard for tanking is deliberately losing to benefit from the generous draft system. And I don't think I've seen an example where it's ever happened.
    The "suck for luck" campaign.

The "suck for luck" campaign.
    (Hastily googled that) But was it ever more than a fans campaign? I mean did it actually look like the Colts actually lost the final game of the previous season on purpose? From what I remember that QB draft class was mental, it was all about Luck and RG3 who had a brilliant start to his career. I'm quite prepared to be wrong on this but I liked this guy's piece on the subject.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sible-endeavor

(Hastily googled that) But was it ever more than a fans campaign? I mean did it actually look like the Colts actually lost the final game of the previous season on purpose? From what I remember that QB draft class was mental, it was all about Luck and RG3 who had a brilliant start to his career. I'm quite prepared to be wrong on this but I liked this guy's piece on the subject.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sible-endeavor
    Not football but the Knicks definitely tanked and lost games deliberately these last few years.

Well... I certainly wasn't expecting THAT from the Bucs today...

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Well... I certainly wasn't expecting THAT from the Bucs today...
    Tampa Bay Patriots, Edelman is next haha

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

If the Bills dont win the AFC Least this season they never will.

I'm far too excited about Thursdays draft, to the extent that im staying up till silly am to watch it on Game Pass. Possibly with my 13 year old who suddenly has got interested in the sport. Of course, Seattle will trade out of the 1st round as normal but theres plenty of big stories to keep us occupied too. Ive been watching lots of Tua footage; i hadnt realised both Ruggs and Jeudy were his receivers at Bama, thats quite a team he had with him and you have to wonder if he maybe benefitted from his surrounding cast. I think Herbert looks the surest bet out of those two QBs available after the obvious Burrow pick. I also really like the look of Jeudy as the pick of those three receivers predicted to go 11,12,13. Theres some great footage of him destroying cornerbacks with nice footwork. If Seattle dont trade out, id like to see us get LB Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma to play alongside Bobby Wagner. He has quite a backstory. Anyone else got any preferences?

Its just nice to have an actual sporting event to focus on for the first time in quite a while.

I’d like the Saints to take Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma but not sure he will still be available at pick 24, failing that Jordan love the poor mans pat Mahomie will do nicely

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    BB really is some kind of genius - he just traded a retired player, who's so injury prone with his best days behind him, for a 4th round pick...

Tampa Bay have some offensive weapons for next year though, especially if Gronk can stay healthy.

There's undoubtedly a story in here about how Gronk views BB as a coach though.

Dolphins are apparently trying to do a deal to trade for Joe Thuney from the Pats. Am I right in thinking he signed a franchise tag?

Dolphins are apparently trying to do a deal to trade for Joe Thuney from the Pats. Am I right in thinking he signed a franchise tag?
    He did, last month. A nice $14m.

He did, last month. A nice $14m.
    Cheers.

It's a deal that probably makes sense. We need basically an entire O line and we have cap space to play with, NE need cap space.

There was talk we were considering trading away our 2 late 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up to 3rd and keep 5th, then take a QB at 3 and an OL at 5. If a deal can be done to get a proven league player without giving up as much then it's a no brainer at our end.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If tua drops past the 14/15 pick I can see a couple teams trading up for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk