hibs.net Messageboard

Page 374 of 406 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,220 of 12180
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Staying with the Pats, he's using this to make the Pats get weapons for him.

And if he goes we just tank for Trevor Lawrence.
    Announced today that he's leaving New England. Day after Van Noy joins Miami.

End of a very long and prosperous era, and the start of a long rebuilding process!

He looked like he'd lost a few steps last season, but even so, I'm still gutted. Been an absolute following this time through his reign.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

End of a very long and prosperous era, and the start of a long rebuilding process!

He looked like he'd lost a few steps last season, but even so, I'm still gutted. Been an absolute following this time through his reign.
    Where do you thing he will end up? I said Chargers or Raiders earlier, not sure now. What about the 49ers? Then you could still follow the baw bag. Chances he could end up there?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Where do you thing he will end up? I said Chargers or Raiders earlier, not sure now. What about the 49ers? Then you could still follow the baw bag. Chances he could end up there?
    Only way he ends up in San Francisco is if the Patriots spend massive money to bring Jimmy G back to Foxborough, and I don't see that happening. The 49ers aren't quite so short-termist in their current setup, even though Brady would probably love to finish his career at the home of his idol. Garopollo is the future of that franchise, and they won't sacrifice that to bring Brady in.

Raiders have apparently offered Mariota a contract, and with Rivers in free agency, it wouldn't surprise me to see Brady in La La Land. AFC East could be a very interesting prospect next season!

Yep, it's been great but this day was always going to come.

Time to tank for Trev

Gamer IDs

Cam Newton has just demanded a trade from the Panthers...three guesses where he's landing...

Cam Newton has just demanded a trade from the Panthers...three guesses where he's landing...
    The Pats? Really? Do you think he'll fit in with Bellichicks culture?

Big Robert Quinn to the Bears, good move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

We're tanking for Trev!

Gamer IDs

I think BB has proven by now that he can coach the ego out of anyone. His injury aside, I think Newton would be an exceptional QB for whoever lands him.

I think BB has proven by now that he can coach the ego out of anyone. His injury aside, I think Newton would be an exceptional QB for whoever lands him.
    He had one exceptional season, the year they got to the superbowl. Otherwise he's been a bit hot and cold and I wouldn't have him as a starter on a quality team.

Tebow is still looking for a team I think...or Colin K

Gamer IDs

He had one exceptional season, the year they got to the superbowl. Otherwise he's been a bit hot and cold and I wouldn't have him as a starter on a quality team.

Tebow is still looking for a team I think...or Colin K
    If BB could get him fit, I reckon it could work as CK is an excellent system QB. But given Kraft's connections to Trump, I doubt it sadly.

If BB could get him fit, I reckon it could work as CK is an excellent system QB. But given Kraft's connections to Trump, I doubt it sadly.
    Philip Rivers would be a good fit for you guys. I haven't seen him mentioned though.

Philip Rivers would be a good fit for you guys. I haven't seen him mentioned though.

looks like Rivers to the Colts, 1 year deal.

kinda hoping the Bears will push for preferably Carr (unlikely), or Newton. Problem is they’ve not much to trade for them, unless either the raiders or panthers just want shot

Gamer IDs

Looks like Brady has agreed a deal with the Bucs.

2020 can **** right off.

This means Jameis Winston is going somewhere. Bears or Pats I'm guessing. Chargers and Dolphins might also need a QB.

Bears trade for Foles. Kinda underwhelmed, Super Bowl MVP, had some incredible games in the playoffs, better than Trubisky, but still also seeing a fairly journeyman career as well....

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Bears trade for Foles. Kinda underwhelmed, Super Bowl MVP, had some incredible games in the playoffs, better than Trubisky, but still also seeing a fairly journeyman career as well....
    I was so wrong about Trubisky. I cant see much QB quality left in free agency, Cam and Jameis Winston the best left. Best to trade up for some of this years draft class.

The bears took trubrisky 2nd overall and passed on mahomes and watson to do so. Must sting ha.

The draft is a crap shoot and as good as players are or can be, where they land and what system they fit matters as much.

Would mahomes have thrived in Chicago out of Andy Reid's famous abilities for developing a QB? Who knows, like wise MT maybe would have been more successful in Kansas city.

Foles is the ultimate system QB however. So good luck with that bears fans.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

NFL game pass available for free for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    The bears took trubrisky 2nd overall and passed on mahomes and watson to do so. Must sting ha.

The draft is a crap shoot and as good as players are or can be, where they land and what system they fit matters as much.

Would mahomes have thrived in Chicago out of Andy Reid's famous abilities for developing a QB? Who knows, like wise MT maybe would have been more successful in Kansas city.

Foles is the ultimate system QB however. So good luck with that bears fans.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

oh it does sting

you’re right though, there’s so many factors involved in whether a player is a success or not.

The system at Chicago could be tweaked for Foles though, and is similar to what he had a Philly, so fingers crossed (it’s all I’ve got left hahaha)

Crazy things happening this off season.

Sean Payton has the Virus...

Re watching The Sopranos and didn't realise Lawrence Taylor makes an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Re watching The Sopranos and didn't realise Lawrence Taylor makes an appearance.
    Eh? I've watched that loads and never noticed. Which season?

Eh? I've watched that loads and never noticed. Which season?
    Season 5 episode 3. He's at the big card game with Dave Lee Roth.

Around the NFL Podcast basically taken over by philosophical CV19 discussion about the nature of heroism and the authority vacuum at the top of US government. Really surprising from a sports pod linked to a league which has always been very apolitical. Really good listen.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Around the NFL Podcast basically taken over by philosophical CV19 discussion about the nature of heroism and the authority vacuum at the top of US government. Really surprising from a sports pod linked to a league which has always been very apolitical. Really good listen.
    Looking forward to this one on the way to work tomorrow. Spoke to Marc at one of the London meet ups about the difficulties of remaining apolitical in these times so interested to hear what they have to say now.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Looking forward to this one on the way to work tomorrow. Spoke to Marc at one of the London meet ups about the difficulties of remaining apolitical in these times so interested to hear what they have to say now.
    I can't recall if it was Marc or Chris Wesseling but some of the stuff that was being said was fundamentally moving. Great journalism.

The draft is less than a couple of weeks away. It will be a strange one for sure; how they're going to coordinate and televise it will be fascinating, there could well be some technical hiccups with all the GMs and players making decisions remotely.

Seems like a stacked QB and WR class, there's a few players that could be league stalwarts for years. Tua, Burrow, Young, those three wideouts who's names escape me. The Dolphins have 3 first rounders 2 second rounders and 14 picks overall, which i can't remember seeing before.

The draft is less than a couple of weeks away. It will be a strange one for sure; how they're going to coordinate and televise it will be fascinating, there could well be some technical hiccups with all the GMs and players making decisions remotely.

Seems like a stacked QB and WR class, there's a few players that could be league stalwarts for years. Tua, Burrow, Young, those three wideouts who's names escape me. The Dolphins have 3 first rounders 2 second rounders and 14 picks overall, which i can't remember seeing before.
    I think we'll trade away at least 3 or 4 picks. We'll try and get up to 3 to guarantee Tua if required and/or we might try and trade up for one of the elite offensive linesman. We have worked hard and recruited well on the defence in FA so we can be quite aggressive on the offensive side in the draft. It's just not practical to have 14 players (albeit they won't all still be in the roster) looking for a payday in the coming years.

In my work we always try and pick out one player who won't be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounder but will make an impact in the league. I'm plumping for Cole McDonald from Hawaii, I've not seen a huge amount of him but he looks a unit and is one who will suit the Nfl imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think we'll trade away at least 3 or 4 picks. We'll try and get up to 3 to guarantee Tua if required and/or we might try and trade up for one of the elite offensive linesman. We have worked hard and recruited well on the defence in FA so we can be quite aggressive on the offensive side in the draft. It's just not practical to have 14 players (albeit they won't all still be in the roster) looking for a payday in the coming years.

In my work we always try and pick out one player who won't be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounder but will make an impact in the league. I'm plumping for Cole McDonald from Hawaii, I've not seen a huge amount of him but he looks a unit and is one who will suit the Nfl imo.
    There's a few mock drafts that have Oregon's Herbert going above Tua. He seems to have had a very good combine so the Dolphins might go for him. I don't watch enough college football to be able to really judge players so it's just a fun diversion based on guesswork for me. Jake Eason is an intriguing QB; son of ex Pat's QB Tony, got a bad injury playing for Georgia as a freshman, went back to his hometown Seattle before breaking all sorts of records for U of W. 6'6". Could go in the 3rd round. He'll do for me. There's so many good QBs this year some that go in the later rounds could be real quality too.

Been playing the old Tecmo Bowl all night on Nintendo. Ahh, the memories.