hibs.net Messageboard

Page 365 of 407 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 12186
    All Bengals fans are going crazy already

2. Log in to remove the advert

That targeting call on wade completely changed this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All Bengals fans are going crazy already
    All 10 of them one franchise I wouldn’t miss if they were to relocate

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    All 10 of them one franchise I wouldn’t miss if they were to relocate
    I know more Browns fans than Bengals (1).

And I live in New Jersey.

No matter what happens in the last quarter and a bit in NE I'm just glad we can end the season with a GIRUY to all the commentators and pundits who called us a 'disgrace to football', 'immoral', 'cheats' and other hyperbole.

The Miami roster is woefully short on talent but every player and every coach has played their heart out this season and there are 3 or 4 teams who never had to face the same accusations who are going to end the season with a worse record than us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Nfl

Got it through Game Pass ( the official site).

The games on sky are blocked if they are also on Sky but that’s only 2 of the matches.

Great last minute win for the stuttering Packers!! Sitting here with a beer and my cheesehead hat on!!!!

The North is not enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No matter what happens in the last quarter and a bit in NE I'm just glad we can end the season with a GIRUY to all the commentators and pundits who called us a 'disgrace to football', 'immoral', 'cheats' and other hyperbole.

The Miami roster is woefully short on talent but every player and every coach has played their heart out this season and there are 3 or 4 teams who never had to face the same accusations who are going to end the season with a worse record than us.
    That's quite a result, especially considering the Pats needed that win to claim a first round bye. You have a surprisingly decent record against them iirc?

The problem with Miami is the players you are trading away for draft picks (Tunsil, Tannehill, that RB thats now ripping it up at Arizona, Drake?) are clearly better players than they looked in a Dolphins uniform. Why is that? What is it about the organisation that makes them underperform?

It's all about the 2020 draft now!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That's quite a result, especially considering the Pats needed that win to claim a first round bye. You have a surprisingly decent record against them iirc?

The problem with Miami is the players you are trading away for draft picks (Tunsil, Tannehill, that RB thats now ripping it up at Arizona, Drake?) are clearly better players than they looked in a Dolphins uniform. Why is that? What is it about the organisation that makes them underperform?

It's all about the 2020 draft now!
    I think for too long a lot of players saw Miami as a place to go to earn some money, get a bit sun on their back and live the lifestyle. Flores was clear from day one he wasn't interested in egos or individuals, it was all about making the sum greater than it's parts. Given he served his apprenticeship working with the New England defence it's not hard to see how he came to have such a philosophy.

I'm not surprised any of the players that moved on are doing well. I'm delighted for Tannehill. Whatever his faults he never lacked heart, he spent season after season getting battered behind an awful O line and just got on with it. Give him time and we'll make plays. He's not said a lot since leaving Miami but has hinted both parties agrees it was time to move on. For our part Fitzpatrick has been fun to watch, he clearly loves the game and he'll take the hits all day behind the line. I'd take him back next year. I think Drake was a similar issue, good RB but struggled with little protection. Tunsil and Minkah Fitzpatrick both showed some real quality in Miami but were actively looking to get out when they saw, or thought they saw, the way this season was headed. Hopefully there really has been a culture change and players that come in now realise they are here to work for a team.

As for the draft I'm not sold on taking a QB at 5. Burrows will go at 1 and I'm not sure Tua is worth the risk that high up, both with injuries and his NFL potential. Andrew Thomas from Georgia, Tyler Biadasz from Wissconsin and Tristan Wirfs from Iowa would be who I would be looking at with our 3 first round picks. Build the line and go from there. I daresay a WR and a RB will be on the shopping list as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I just can't be doing with American sports, nor most of American culture generally. Australian Rules is the foreign game I follow.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Good assessment.

Seattle might actually benefit from losing to the 49ers tonight, now the chance of a first round bye has gone. I like our chances against the Eagles (sorry Sergio!) more than the Vikings.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Ravens v 9ers Super Bowl.

Ravens to win in Miami.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Got it through Game Pass ( the official site).

The games on sky are blocked if they are also on Sky but that’s only 2 of the matches.

Great last minute win for the stuttering Packers!! Sitting here with a beer and my cheesehead hat on!!!!

The North is not enough!!!
    VPN yourself to full card freedom, **** sky

Forgot this thread existed, can’t believe how slick the 49ers are now compared to any point in the last decade or so. Been a rough ride as a niners fan most of this millennium. Feel an appearance at the Super Bowl coming on, would like to go against the ravens again.

GIRUY pete carrol and **** the Seahawks, blown it again with a chance to punch it in from 1 yard, idiots never learn!! Niners bringing it this year!!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    What a great 4th quarter that was.

So much happened that I don't really know where to start. I'll just never understand why the Seahawks always start games so poorly.

Looking forward to the rematch in a couple of weeks.

Lone Bengals fan here. Good end to the season with a win over the Browns. Next year should be a fair bit better with Burrow (hopefully) and Jonah Williams back healthy. Offensive line should be improved and Mixon has been superb the second half. Small upgrade at WR should hopefully mean a sound offensive. Defence will be a problem I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    What a great 4th quarter that was.

So much happened that I don't really know where to start. I'll just never understand why the Seahawks always start games so poorly.

Looking forward to the rematch in a couple of weeks.
    What stood out was the physicality and the lack of mistakes from both teams. The hit on the goal line at 4th down was as good as it gets. Losing to them is never good but there were grounds for optimism, specially on offense.

So wild card weekend is;
    Seattle at Philly
    Minnesota at New Orleans

Bye
    San Francisco
    Green Bay

Buffalo at Houston
    Tennessee at New England

Bye
    Kansas
    Baltimore

There's a very long running thread on the Other Sports section for those with a love of NFL

Ravens v 49ers for the Big One.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I just can't be doing with American sports, nor most of American culture generally. Australian Rules is the foreign game I follow.
    Basketball's ok but in general I agree. I just don't get the attraction of American Football or baseball either for that matter. I read recently that the ball's in play for just 11 minutes on average during each NFL game. For a game that has an official length of 1 hour but lasts around 3 hours that is incredible.

I accept I'm in the minority though and it's incredibly popular in the USA and becoming even more popular here too.

Ravens v 49ers for the Big One.
    The best two teams in the regular season without a doubt. Have they got playoff cojones though?

The best two teams in the regular season without a doubt. Have they got playoff cojones though?
    We'll see...

Will the Patriots experience see us sneak in for another appearance at The Big One.

I was introduced to American Football when it was featured on Channel 4 about the time C4 started. They featured games, gradually explained the rules and strategy along with cultural aspects.

Channel 4 opened up a lot of the world for scabby heided wee tatty howkers like me back in the day. I owe my love of jazz , opera and theatre to shows they featured and would otherwise not have exposure to. It’s a crock of ***** now, right enough.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    We'll see...

Will the Patriots experience see us sneak in for another appearance at The Big One.
    Nothing personal but.... Please no. No more Pats for a few years.

In other news. How bout them Cowboys, the Hearts of the NFL...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    I want Joe Burrow to be my dad haha.

He's absolutely balling, such a shame the Bengals will ruin him... Unless someone trades up...... *hint hint Philly*

Burrow has been exceptional this season, but he was pretty ordinary last season and would have been backup to Haskins if he'd stayed at OSU.

I wouldn't be trading anything away to get him, especially when Wentz has just beaten our single season passing record despite having no receivers for the season and only Edtz to pass to.

Good assessment.

Seattle might actually benefit from losing to the 49ers tonight, now the chance of a first round bye has gone. I like our chances against the Eagles (sorry Sergio!) more than the Vikings.
    We've so many injuries I'd be surprised to see us get beyond wildcard round, but we always seem to hang around, so you never know. Wentz is always capable of a bit of magic too, so we'll see.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Burrow has been exceptional this season, but he was pretty ordinary last season and would have been backup to Haskins if he'd stayed at OSU.

I wouldn't be trading anything away to get him, especially when Wentz has just beaten our single season passing record despite having no receivers for the season and only Edtz to pass to.
    Nah I totally agree. I was just amazed by Saturday nights performance. Wentz is the future and I believe with a decent WR core the team will be OK.

Gamer IDs

Just in case today's fans can't figure it out... Instructions on how to show the paper flag for beginners good ol' USofA.

Ducks to win the Rose Bowl

Wild Card Weekend...cant beat that playoff feeling

Predictions, im going for Buffalo to beat Houston tonight, i had it the other way until i just heard Will Fuller is injured, the Texans never seem to have the same dynamism without him, and Tennessee to beat New England at Gillette. In the NFC tomorrow, New Orleans to pump the Vikings by about 30 points and the Seahawks to beat the Eagles in a comeback win.

What a play! 7-0 Bills.