hibs.net Messageboard

Page 363 of 406 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 12180
    My dear old mum, God bless her, was raised in Sam Francisco. Which meant, naturally she supported Green Bay! Then she switched to the 49ers.

Are they heading for a Super Bowl win this year?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ravens are legit.
    They are, but not many teams beat the Patriots twice in a season and they'll likely have to play them again to get to the Superbowl.

Although the AFC is a weaker conference in general, we could have a final four of Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens and Texans which would be 3 of the most exciting QB's in the league and the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    They are, but not many teams beat the Patriots twice in a season and they'll likely have to play them again to get to the Superbowl.

Although the AFC is a weaker conference in general, we could have a final four of Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens and Texans which would be 3 of the most exciting QB's in the league and the GOAT.
    And I wouldn't count out the Chargers yet either, absolutely beasted the Packers yesterday. The AFC is a stronger place this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    My dear old mum, God bless her, was raised in Sam Francisco. Which meant, naturally she supported Green Bay! Then she switched to the 49ers.

Possible!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Possible!
    Here we go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

No. I’m not sure the O can win a game if the D don’t ball out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I wouldn't count out the Chargers yet either, absolutely beasted the Packers yesterday. The AFC is a stronger place this year.
    ...Although I just checked and the NFC have a pretty big edge in inter conference games as usual. But the good AFC teams are definitely looking better.

...Although I just checked and the NFC have a pretty big edge in inter conference games as usual. But the good AFC teams are definitely looking better.
    The playoffs are going to be insane this year

Seems to be a bit off chat about the Chargers relocating to London and moving to the AFC East. Dolphins going to the AFC South and Texans to the AFC West.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Seems to be a bit off chat about the Chargers relocating to London and moving to the AFC East. Dolphins going to the AFC South and Texans to the AFC West.
    I heard that on the nfl pod. Tough for the management to balance keeping the few fans they still have in a city that doesn't need two teams while doing all the preliminary discussions with the London guys at the same time.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Will be weird. I'd rather they give San Diego a franchise back.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    The Chargers rumour is seemingly bull****: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/50311555

LSU sticking it to bama finally! Been a long few years for the tigers. Geauxtigers

Hibs win LSU win a Saints win against the dirty birds makes it carlsberg weekend for me

I'm coming round to the idea that we might have a pretty good head coach in Brian Flores. He's cobbled together a team made up of rejects, misfits and inexperienced players and it seems like they will run through brick walls for him. He also took the tough decision to ship out guys like Fitzpatrick and Tunsil who were unhappy about the rebuilding plan and unwilling to engage with what he is trying to do.

With a crazy number of draft picks and huge cap space I'm intrigued to see what he can do in the next couple of seasons.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I'm coming round to the idea that we might have a pretty good head coach in Brian Flores. He's cobbled together a team made up of rejects, misfits and inexperienced players and it seems like they will run through brick walls for him. He also took the tough decision to ship out guys like Fitzpatrick and Tunsil who were unhappy about the rebuilding plan and unwilling to engage with what he is trying to do.

With a crazy number of draft picks and huge cap space I'm intrigued to see what he can do in the next couple of seasons.
    He was certainly a great coach during his time in NE. I also think he'll come good, but he needs to be given the time and resources to build his time. He's inherited a ****-show and, as you say, has done a good job in starting his rebuild after some period of reflection.

Some really weird results this weekend - Browns beat the Bills, Dolphins beat the Colts, Titans beat the Chiefs, Jets beat the Giants, Falcons trounce the Saints.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar

I agree with you. For the first time in a long long time I feel like we are in really good hands. It’s been clear to see how well we have been coached week on week. We literally have no stars in our team, with Jones and X being injured. What we do have though is young, inexperienced players playing for deals, which is good for them and us.

The Big One tonight, Seattle at San Francisco. I predict Russell will throw to whatever side of the field Sherman isn't on, and will survive getting knocked on his behind countless times to win it in the final seconds.

The Big One tonight, Seattle at San Francisco. I predict Russell will throw to whatever side of the field Sherman isn't on, and will survive getting knocked on his behind countless times to win it in the final seconds.
    Hmm..

Hmm..
    Loving it

I actually fell asleep at 10-0 down nearly at HT and have just caught up with the highlights now Lots of twists and turns and massive plays clearly.

The Josh Gordon acquisition could be a useful move, with Tyler Lockett getting hurt last night. He's a definite all Pro we can't afford to have out for long.

Hmm..
    Did you see footage of your mate Dimitri Payet for OM Sunday night? What a legend;-)

Interesting that Hibs are going through the selection process dilemma in naming a new head coach that Recent NFL teams have been also, a tried and tested coach with experience managing or going for the young up and coming candidates with no HC credentials but lots of respect within the community for the work they are achieving albeit as a coach learning his trade

NFL/NCAA (American Football)

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Interesting that Hibs are going through the selection process dilemma in naming a new head coach that Recent NFL teams have been also, a tried and tested coach with experience managing or going for the young up and coming candidates with no HC credentials but lots of respect within the community for the work they are achieving albeit as a coach learning his trade
    Do Hibs go the Sean McVay route or the safe hands that has done it before
    Experience bests potential until potential wins lol last number of coaches to win the super bowl iirc bellichick Carroll Pederson Payton Harbaugh, not in that order obviously
    Last edited by NOLA; 12-11-2019 at 09:41 PM.

did you see footage of your mate dimitri payet for om sunday night? What a legend;-)
    rage!

If the rest of the Dolphins team was as good as our special teams we'd be winning Superbowls. A recovered onside kick and a touchdown from a kick off return in the 1st half tonight. Unfortunately we have an offence that is struggling to move the ball and a defence that has rolled out the red carpet on several occasions.

Lamar Jackson is just unstoppable. I tipped the Ravens for the division but I never thought they'd be as good as this

Lamar Jackson is just unstoppable. I tipped the Ravens for the division but I never thought they'd be as good as this
    We'll see if he is able to be stopped in the AFC championship game

He's definitely MVP no doubt. Not bad for a Wide Receiver.

Gamer IDs

We'll see if he is able to be stopped in the AFC championship game

He's definitely MVP no doubt. Not bad for a Wide Receiver.
    To be honest, even coming through Foxborough, the Ravens will like their chances. They're on one hell of a run at the minute and are consistently putting up big numbers.

Saying that, nobody wins championships in November...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

Saying that, nobody wins championships in November...
    Except Hearts. They won it in September last year.

Some big games later, Cowboys Pats and Packers 49ers. Seattle win defensive slugfest against Philly, just seen the bravest TD run you'll see from a QB this season from Ryan Tannehill. Tough.