hibs.net Messageboard

Page 277 of 407 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,310 of 12186
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as sad as me, he's my QB in our fantasy league
    Oh dear!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Anyone not in a Fantasy League and want to join one (I have one set-up but won't fill all spaces) or have one that they have spaces for and are drafting over the next few days...I'm interested.

(Apologies if this is all way back on the thread)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Anyone not in a Fantasy League and want to join one (I have one set-up but won't fill all spaces) or have one that they have spaces for and are drafting over the next few days...I'm interested.

(Apologies if this is all way back on the thread)
    We have an entire separate thread for the fantasy stuff

We are running our annual fantasy league with 10 of us for this year, but our draft was a few weeks ago now.

I'd certainly struggle to manage 2 so thanks for the invite, but not for me
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

[QUOTE=Sylar;4813026]We have an entire separate thread for the fantasy stuff

Season starts tonight.

Cant wait to get this season underway, this is the most I've looked forward to a season in ages.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    About Kaep's protest. It's not something that I would personally do but I believe it's his right to do so. I don't know anything about the guy personally but he seems to have a bad rap amongst a few (more than a few), but I don't care about that. The NFL is full of idiots and people who have done far worse than sit during a national anthem e.g., drugs, cheating, rape, murder, child abuse, etc.

What pisses me off is that some people are twisting around his protest into something that he's not protesting and then giving him crap for it. That is, the military. People were saying that he was disrespecting the military which affords us our freedoms even after he was interviewed and explicitly said that was not his intent.

The American national anthem also contains a couple of lines about slavery, so, yeah, there's that too:
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisScottKey
    O! say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner, O! long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country, should leave us no more?
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
    Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
    Those two bolded lines refer to slaves who joined forces with the British and basically mean that any slave who opposed the US would live the rest of their lives in terror while they were hunted down, or they were killed.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 08-09-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    About Kaep's protest. It's not something that I would personally do but I believe it's his right to do so. I don't know anything about the guy personally but he seems to have a bad rap amongst a few (more than a few), but I don't care about that. The NFL is full of idiots and people who have done far worse than sit during a national anthem e.g., drugs, cheating, rape, murder, child abuse, etc.

What pisses me off is that some people are twisting around his protest into something that he's not protesting and then giving him crap for it. That is, the military. People were saying that he was disrespecting the military which affords us our freedoms even after he was interviewed and explicitly said that was not his intent.

The American national anthem also contains a couple of lines about slavery, so, yeah, there's that too:

Those two bolded lines refer to slaves who joined forces with the British and basically mean that any slave who opposed the US would live the rest of their lives in terror while they were hunted down, or they were killed.

Completely agree. There's something wrong when the media spin machine twists the actual issue, police violence against black people in the US, which deserves contemplation and thought, into something which is clearly inarguable in the current climate; 'armed forces deserve respect'.

But the interesting question politically is what is the motivation for the MSM spinning the story in this way? Having a dialogue about ending the current racial tension violence and bitterness would be in everyone's interests I would've thought?

I'm following the Dakota oil pipeline story online at the moment, and I'm totally shocked at the way this tribe is getting its lands violated without consultation or recompense, equally shocked by the reality of security men setting dogs on protestors, and also shocked by the almost total lack of coverage of both. I have quite politically aware friends in the states who were totally unaware it was even happening, it's not 'news', possibly because there's no celebrity involvement.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 08-09-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Tebow signs for my....

New York Mets???

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Season starts tonight.

Cant wait to get this season underway, this is the most I've looked forward to a season in ages.
    'Mon the panthers

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    Tebow signs for my....

New York Mets???
    Money spinner for both. It's what he is all about!

Its a really odd situation to observe. I agree it's his right to do, and I don't believe what he's doing shows any disrespect to the armed forces. He certainly seems to be getting more hassle than some of the others who've committed worse crimes as you've mentioned.

CK hasn't been a popular person in the states for sometime from what I've seen, I wonder if there's an element of that in the responses he's experienced.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Couldn't stay up to watch that last night - was exhausted by 11pm.

Surprised at the score though - I expected absolutely nothing from Denver this year!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Completely agree. There's something wrong when the media spin machine twists the actual issue, police violence against black people in the US, which deserves contemplation and thought, into something which is clearly inarguable in the current climate; 'armed forces deserve respect'.

But the interesting question politically is what is the motivation for the MSM spinning the story in this way? Having a dialogue about ending the current racial tension violence and bitterness would be in everyone's interests I would've thought?

I'm following the Dakota oil pipeline story online at the moment, and I'm totally shocked at the way this tribe is getting its lands violated without consultation or recompense, equally shocked by the reality of security men setting dogs on protestors, and also shocked by the almost total lack of coverage of both. I have quite politically aware friends in the states who were totally unaware it was even happening, it's not 'news', possibly because there's no celebrity involvement.
    The pipeline story should be getting a lot more coverage than it is but with everything else going on, does anyone really care? That is not my feeling, I'm wondering if that's what the MSM thinks though? With the Presidential race, they have lots of fodder. That said, the Oregon protest earlier this year got a lot more coverage so I"m not sure what the thinking is here. Hey, those Indian fellas should just get out of this country, get back to where they came from! (I'm sure someone has actually said that in the past).

At the end of the day the MSM gets to decide what the public needs to know about which is why I try to seek out other sources. Unfortunately all the sources I seem to find are biased one way or the other.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Couldn't stay up to watch that last night - was exhausted by 11pm.

Surprised at the score though - I expected absolutely nothing from Denver this year!
    In two Pro Pickem leagues I am in I blew my load on Carolina last night. Fell asleep at 17-7 and woke up at 20-21. Bummer.

I've been an NFL watcher for a while without really being a fan but starting to get into it a bit more concluding with entering my first fantast league with guys from work. Bengals fan personally. Had sucha great chance last year before Dalton went down. Be a bit tougher this season but can still see us in the playoffs

Had to autopick my second fantasy league. Ended up with Brees, Lacy, Gronk, ODBJ and the Panthers D. Ridiculous!

The pipeline story should be getting a lot more coverage than it is but with everything else going on, does anyone really care? That is not my feeling, I'm wondering if that's what the MSM thinks though? With the Presidential race, they have lots of fodder. That said, the Oregon protest earlier this year got a lot more coverage so I"m not sure what the thinking is here. Hey, those Indian fellas should just get out of this country, get back to where they came from! (I'm sure someone has actually said that in the past).

At the end of the day the MSM gets to decide what the public needs to know about which is why I try to seek out other sources. Unfortunately all the sources I seem to find are biased one way or the other.
    Obama rides to the rescue. The pipeline is suspended! And it's on Reuters!

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN11F2GX

I'll stop now before this gets moved to the holy ground...

I was on a while ago looking for help with picking a team and although I still haven't committed to a franchise I will be going to my 1st game tomorrow. I'm in with a few Packers fans at Jacksonville, does anyone have any predictions for the score? I'm still getting to grips with the game but you can't swith the tv or radio on over here without getting NFL content so my knowledge is getting better.

Woo hoo, NFL Sundays are back. I sat Kelvin Benjamin in my fantasy team as wasn't sure how many snaps he'd take on Thursday night after his ACL. 90 yards and a touchdown later I've got 15 points sitting on my bench, raging.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Reg View Post
    I was on a while ago looking for help with picking a team and although I still haven't committed to a franchise I will be going to my 1st game tomorrow. I'm in with a few Packers fans at Jacksonville, does anyone have any predictions for the score? I'm still getting to grips with the game but you can't swith the tv or radio on over here without getting NFL content so my knowledge is getting better.
    ]

Jacksonville were the whipping boys of the NFL for the past few seasons but they've drafted really well this year and are a lot of peoples pick for the AFC south, should be a great game against a fantastic Packers offence. Enjoy the game!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Are we really going to have to watch draft Kings adverts every 2 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Are we really going to have to watch draft Kings adverts every 2 mins?
    They're a nightmare, I've already taken a real dislike to one of the guys in the advert and I'm hoping he gets smacked in the face during one of them

Up there with the Dominos "two for Tuesday" ads they used to run, why run an ad for Tuesday's on a Sunday?!!! I mean wtf?!!

What a play! 98 yard TD to Cooks. Who Dat!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    What a play! 98 yard TD to Cooks. Who Dat!
    Has John Kuhn had a go yet?

They still call Eddie Lacy fat on Sky sports, that is so last season. He just tore the Jags a new one.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Tough game but well earned win, I think the jags will surprise a few this year.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Woo hoo, NFL Sundays are back. I sat Kelvin Benjamin in my fantasy team as wasn't sure how many snaps he'd take on Thursday night after his ACL. 90 yards and a touchdown later I've got 15 points sitting on my bench, raging.
    Im doing a fantasy league on NFL UK website and accidentally drafted the Jets Defence when there were much better options available.

After the draft i had a look at what defences were available and traded the jets for the redskins.

Then last week someone dropped the Vikings from thier line-up and i snapped them up........only i forgot to substitute them in for the redskins in my line up for today and they scored 21 points

I've also got Cam Newton as my QB1 and he scored a decent 21.16 points.......my QB2 is Jameis Winston who scored 25.54 and he was sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Has John Kuhn had a go yet?

They still call Eddie Lacy fat on Sky sports, that is so last season. He just tore the Jags a new one.
    He had about 2 runs I think. Got 1 first down.

Drew played almost perfect and we still lost. Can We just end the season now?

Giants. 1-0.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Football!

Tom who?