hibs.net Messageboard

Page 273 of 407 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 12186
    Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Just had a look at the fixtures and the Panthers play the Bucs in Tampa while im going to be in Orlando.

Haven't got a hope in hell of convincing the missus or the kids to go though

edit: just realised i got it the wrong way round, the games in Charlotte, not Tampa.....there goes that idea
    Last edited by MyJo; 19-04-2016 at 05:39 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just had a look at the fixtures and the Panthers play the Bucs in Tampa while im going to be in Orlando.

Haven't got a hope in hell of convincing the missus or the kids to go though

edit: just realised i got it the wrong way round, the games in Charlotte, not Tampa.....there goes that idea
    What about a college game?

Nothing games for me but my Bro is going to see saints @ San Francisco at Levi stadium

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Dallas Cowboys play the Rams first preseason game. We are in the lottery for season tickets. Hoping to boost our chances by going to an All Access dinner on the Coloseum pitch where football activities will be played and players and staff will be there to chat. I must remember not to use the term "throw ball".

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Just had a look at the schedule - we have a season of two halves! Before our bye-week, on paper, looks like a nice schedule. After our bye-week is grim!

Home to Seattle, away to San Francisco, away to Jets, away to Broncos, away to Dolphins...
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Looks like we're going to be without Brady for the first 4 games of this coming season after the US Appeals Court upheld his original ban!

Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Here we go again!
    you mad bro'?

in all seriousness, I'm no Brady fan but to find someone guilty on the basis of "More probable than not" just goes against natural justice. My money is on it going all the way to the Supreme Court, as Brady's ego is all about his legacy and how he's regarded in 20 years time. He won't want an asterisk against the 'Greatest Of All Time' headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I'm going to be in Orlando in October, but there's no games on while I'm there and I'm not sure my wife would sanction me going to a game during our family holiday considering she's organised for me to go to Oxford (Mississippi) in November to see the Egg Bowl (Ole Mis vs Mississippi State football game) and have thanksgiving in Memphis.
    I've decided that seeing as I am going to be in Mississippi anyway, I may as well make the 5 hour drive to Atlanta or New Orleans and watch a Falcons or Saints game as they are at home on the Sunday after the Ole Miss v Mississippi State game.

Which would be better to go and see, Rams v Saints or Cards v Falcons?

I'm tempted to fly up to Philly and watch the Packers v Eagles on Monday night, but the cheapest tickets for that game are $180 compared to $40 for the Falcons and internal flights in the US seem to be really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    you mad bro'?

in all seriousness, I'm no Brady fan but to find someone guilty on the basis of "More probable than not" just goes against natural justice. My money is on it going all the way to the Supreme Court, as Brady's ego is all about his legacy and how he's regarded in 20 years time. He won't want an asterisk against the 'Greatest Of All Time' headline.
    I feel it will go there as well.

So how are we all feeling after last nights draft?

Pretty delighted with the Dolphins pick. We've picked up a guy who could have been a top 5 pick at number 13 because of an old photo posted on Twitter. Position we needed sorted filled with a fine player.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I've decided that seeing as I am going to be in Mississippi anyway, I may as well make the 5 hour drive to Atlanta or New Orleans and watch a Falcons or Saints game as they are at home on the Sunday after the Ole Miss v Mississippi State game.

Which would be better to go and see, Rams v Saints or Cards v Falcons?

I'm tempted to fly up to Philly and watch the Packers v Eagles on Monday night, but the cheapest tickets for that game are $180 compared to $40 for the Falcons and internal flights in the US seem to be really expensive.
    I reckon the Rams vs Saints game will probably be the better of the 2 but that's not based on much!

Internal flights are pretty reasonable actually, though I guess it will depend on route - I flew return from Orlando to Chicago a few years back and it was $120. Flew from Seattle down to San Francisco back in December too for $50.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Pretty delighted with the Dolphins pick. We've picked up a guy who could have been a top 5 pick at number 13 because of an old photo posted on Twitter. Position we needed sorted filled with a fine player.
    I haven't heard of our pick before but after reading some articles and comments from fans the reaction initially was WTF? but now that's the dust has settled slightly the opinion is that it looks like a very solid pick.

Last edited by Gatecrasher; 29-04-2016 at 01:29 PM.

The draft headlines are all about the first round big names, our first round pick is a big monster tackle who is an obvious need, but there's every chance he'll be a bust. As usual our superstars will end up being from the lower rounds.

i really want to see where Bama RB Derrick Henry ends up, he's projected to go in round 2. He runs like Beast Mode, I think he'll be a good find for someone.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 29-04-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Only been following the NFL for the 1 season so dont know much about the college level yet but have been reading a lot of the analysis and mock drafts etc in the lead up to get a better idea of who's who and up until the rams & eagles trades to get 1st and 2nd spot Tunsil was considered to be one of the potential number 1 picks of the entire draft so for the Dolphins to get him at 13th seems a cracking deal
    Last edited by MyJo; 29-04-2016 at 11:51 PM.

The draft headlines are all about the first round big names, our first round pick is a big monster tackle who is an obvious need, but there's every chance he'll be a bust. As usual our superstars will end up being from the lower rounds.

i really want to see where Bama RB Derrick Henry ends up, he's projected to go in round 2. He runs like Beast Mode, I think he'll be a good find for someone.
    ...and he's picked by the Titans. The graveyard for highly rated RBs. Bet he's crying into his Gatorade

...and he's picked by the Titans. The graveyard for highly rated RBs. Bet he's crying into his Gatorade
    I saw Miami had pikced up an Alabama RB and got excited but it's Kenyan Drake we have drafted who I don't know a lot about tbh.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I'm utterly puzzled at our QB acquisition - Belichick playing the long, long game is my only guess.

Pleased with our other three acquisitions last night, filling areas we're soft or lacking in.

I'm not convinced that trading up to take an FCS QB with not much experience as a starter was a smart choice for the us. Is he really going to turn out better than an average Sam Bradford? We gave away a lot of picks for Wentz. Underwhelmed....

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I reckon the Rams vs Saints game will probably be the better of the 2 but that's not based on much!

Internal flights are pretty reasonable actually, though I guess it will depend on route - I flew return from Orlando to Chicago a few years back and it was $120. Flew from Seattle down to San Francisco back in December too for $50.
    Yeah, I reckon Rams v Saints might edge it, quite fancy a visit to New Orleans too.

I'm maybe looking in the wrong place for flights, and also maybe too far in advance for November. Where would you buy your tickets from?

Must be gutting to put in all that effort in high school then college and make it pro only to be drafted to the titans.

Gamer IDs

Yeah, I reckon Rams v Saints might edge it, quite fancy a visit to New Orleans too.

I'm maybe looking in the wrong place for flights, and also maybe too far in advance for November. Where would you buy your tickets from?
    I went through the American Expedia for mine. SkyScanner is a pretty good site for getting cheapest options though.

Must be gutting to put in all that effort in high school then college and make it pro only to be drafted to the titans.
    I wonder what latitude there is for college players to 'hold out' and refuse to play for who drafted them? I remember in the 80s the best college player was Brian Bosworth, massive ego middle linebacker from Oklahoma, he listed six NFL teams that he would consider playing for and said he would refuse to sign for anyone else! In the end they had a 'supplementary draft' lottery specially for him and Seattle won his rights. Despite Seattle not being in his 'list' he signed for Seattle on massive contract, I remember being massively excited, but he was a bit of a letdown and retired after two seasons and started a movie career which didn't last long either.

would that kind of 'holding out' be possible now?

I wonder what latitude there is for college players to 'hold out' and refuse to play for who drafted them? I remember in the 80s the best college player was Brian Bosworth, massive ego middle linebacker from Oklahoma, he listed six NFL teams that he would consider playing for and said he would refuse to sign for anyone else! In the end they had a 'supplementary draft' lottery specially for him and Seattle won his rights. Despite Seattle not being in his 'list' he signed for Seattle on massive contract, I remember being massively excited, but he was a bit of a letdown and retired after two seasons and started a movie career which didn't last long either.

would that kind of 'holding out' be possible now?
    Didn't Eli manning say he wouldn't sign for San Diego?

Didn't Eli manning say he wouldn't sign for San Diego?
    Bit harsh. They've got a nice zoo

Bit harsh. They've got a nice zoo

http://nypost.com/2014/04/24/behind-...iants-history/

You're spot on mate. This is quite a good read. So the answer is clearly, yes, a player can still dictate where he goes, the teams will just work out a compensatory trade that suits them both (like Rivers for Manning in this case).
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 30-04-2016 at 07:20 PM.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/24/behind-...iants-history/

You're spot on mate. This is quite a good read. So the answer is clearly, yes, a player can still dictate where he goes, the teams will just work out a compensatory trade that suits them both (like Rivers for Manning in this case).
    I guess you can't force a player to sign but in 99% of cases you would just to be pro.

Pig Howard. Possibly my new favourite nfl name

Pig Howard. Possibly my new favourite nfl name
    Whoa... Cre'Von LeBlanc. That is a very strong name.

Alright lads, looking forward to getting the offline marathon draft started.

Do any of you guys collect football memorabilia? Recently received my authentic football signed by Celek of the eagles. Also got some signed mini helmets and cards.