hibs.net Messageboard

Page 401 of 406 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,030 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate that call. Still a great game but hate to see that.
    I didn’t really get the sky sports co-commentator’s gripe (not sure what ex player it was).. his main argument seemed to be that it was late in the game and close and he didn’t want a penalty sealing their fate. Mike Pereira seemed pretty sure it was the right call, and he’s never wrong 😁

It’s a bit like the old ‘it’s early in the game’ or ‘you don’t want to see someone get a second yellow for that’ arguments in football. Rules are rules and should apply the same throughout for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    That 2nd half was crazy. Considering how good the Eagles D line has been they were completely ineffective against Mahomes. Never got close to him. A lot to be said about that questionable holding call.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    That 2nd half was crazy. Considering how good the Eagles D line has been they were completely ineffective against Mahomes. Never got close to him. A lot to be said about that questionable holding call.
    It was outrageous. So so marginal and at THAT moment to throw a flag on Bradberry there was terrible, ended the game. I think the Chiefs deserved the win for that second half performance but without the flag the eagles get a chance to drive back down the field with 1.49 left, plenty of time for the Eagles to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I didn’t really get the sky sports co-commentator’s gripe (not sure what ex player it was).. his main argument seemed to be that it was late in the game and close and he didn’t want a penalty sealing their fate. Mike Pereira seemed pretty sure it was the right call, and he’s never wrong ��

It’s a bit like the old ‘it’s early in the game’ or ‘you don’t want to see someone get a second yellow for that’ arguments in football. Rules are rules and should apply the same throughout for me.
    Almost all the comment ive heard or read post game is that it was a bad call. The problem is the whole defensive PI rules have become so stacked against the defence that its impossible to cover a receiver without some contact. You are allowed some contact, but youre not allowed a grab. That wasnt a grab and it doesnt change the momentum of the receiver anyway. Those kinds of things happen on most routes and are never called. I would love it if they went back to the 'you're allowed two jams on the guy and then leave him alone' rule for pass coverage.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 13-02-2023 at 04:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I think Bradberry has now said it was the right call. It was marginal from my point of view but I'm no expert.

Still I think that was probably my favourite ever Superbowl last night - whoever had won would have deserved it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 13-02-2023 at 04:12 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I think Bradberry has now said it was the right call. It was marginal from my point of view but I'm no expert.

Still I think that was probably my favourite ever Superbowl last night - whoever had one would have deserved it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/
    Well i disagree with him, maybe hes trying to be classy I agree the game was absolutely spectacular, it had everything. Mahomes and Hurts were both as good as each other, some of the passes were miraculous. Hurts had 15 runs for 70 yards, TEN of those runs were for first downs. That's incredible, you never hear of QBs doing that.

Some big trades…Jalen Ramsey to the Dolphins Patrick Peterson to the Steelers, and two of the QB scenarios get resolved, Garrapolo goes to the Raiders to fill Derek Carrs spot, who cost the Saints a surprisingly high amount of cap.

The Bears have the biggest cap space, now have a few proven veterans and some extra picks thanks to trading away the #1 pick, and will be going shopping.

Some big trades…Jalen Ramsey to the Dolphins Patrick Peterson to the Steelers, and two of the QB scenarios get resolved, Garrapolo goes to the Raiders to fill Derek Carrs spot, who cost the Saints a surprisingly high amount of cap.

The Bears have the biggest cap space, now have a few proven veterans and some extra picks thanks to trading away the #1 pick, and will be going shopping.
    Happy with the Ramsey trade as it means we can release Byron Jones and replace him with better for relatively little cap hit.

Albeit with Hunter Long going the other way and Mike Gesicki both not fitting the current system and set to hit free agency we are a bit short at TE with not a lot to work with to rectify that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

some decent signings so far from the Bears, need to do some work on the D-line and maybe another 1-2 for the O-line. Orlando Brown still not signed with anyone I don’t think, would be a great addition

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    some decent signings so far from the Bears, need to do some work on the D-line and maybe another 1-2 for the O-line. Orlando Brown still not signed with anyone I don’t think, would be a great addition
    The Bears are basically playing franchise mode and buying a new team. Must be fun for the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Happy with the Ramsey trade as it means we can release Byron Jones and replace him with better for relatively little cap hit.

Albeit with Hunter Long going the other way and Mike Gesicki both not fitting the current system and set to hit free agency we are a bit short at TE with not a lot to work with to rectify that.
    Jalen Ramsey has apparently regressed last season but at his best he’s a genuine shutdown corner, he was a big problem for Seattle in division games and a big reason we had such a terrible record against the Rams.

The Bears are basically playing franchise mode and buying a new team. Must be fun for the GM.

they are, he tore it down over the last year or so, cleared the decks with heavy contracts and looked to start a reset from now

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Aaron Rodgers traded from my favourite side to my 2nd Favourite side

Aaron Rodgers trade grades: Packers, Jets both get what they want, come out as winners ahead of 2023 NFL Draft - CBSSports.com

all this stuff confuses me :)

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers traded from my favourite side to my 2nd Favourite side

Aaron Rodgers trade grades: Packers, Jets both get what they want, come out as winners ahead of 2023 NFL Draft - CBSSports.com

all this stuff confuses me :)
    It’s two second round picks from GBP to NYJ, net. For a 39 year old QB who was one of the best of all time but who was refusing to play for his actual team anymore, it’s probably a good deal for both parties. The NFC East is now absolutely stacked with talent.

It’s two second round picks from GBP to NYJ, net. For a 39 year old QB who was one of the best of all time but who was refusing to play for his actual team anymore, it’s probably a good deal for both parties. The NFC East is now absolutely stacked with talent.

i'm not going to even kid-on i know the first thing about all this draft stuff, seriously, i'm still a bit away from knowing all the rules during a game tbf i've only been watching Superbowls for approx 30 years, and then watching a couple of games every Sunday for the last couple of years, a pretty slow learning process

i'm quite astonished at just how much some of the bigger names earn in this sport Aaron Rodgers trade: Super Bowl or bust for the Jets? What's next (espn.com)

It's easy to understand why the Packers were ready to move on. Love has sat on the bench for most of his first three seasons and has a fifth-year option decision coming due this spring. Rodgers is owed a $58.3 million bonus before the 2023 season and a whopping $108.7 million over the next two years. After he came out of his darkness retreat and announced he wanted to play for the Jets in 2023, the writing was on the wall regarding his relationship with Green Bay.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    He'll improve the Jets, no doubt. They're dreadful.

The ownership need to back it up by giving Rodgers some weapons to use though.

His acquisition definitely makes the AFC East an interesting place this year. Still can't see by the Bills winning the division, but could we see the Patriots finishing bottom of the division this year? It wouldn't surprise me - our off-season business so far really hasn't convinced me.

I'm set to be out in San Fran for the first few weeks of the new season, so also keeping an eye on the 49ers this off-season to see what I can expect. A full ST for Stanford, but I might look at getting to a few games in Santa Clara too!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

i'm not going to even kid-on i know the first thing about all this draft stuff, seriously, i'm still a bit away from knowing all the rules during a game tbf i've only been watching Superbowls for approx 30 years, and then watching a couple of games every Sunday for the last couple of years, a pretty slow learning process

i'm quite astonished at just how much some of the bigger names earn in this sport Aaron Rodgers trade: Super Bowl or bust for the Jets? What's next (espn.com)

It's easy to understand why the Packers were ready to move on. Love has sat on the bench for most of his first three seasons and has a fifth-year option decision coming due this spring. Rodgers is owed a $58.3 million bonus before the 2023 season and a whopping $108.7 million over the next two years. After he came out of his darkness retreat and announced he wanted to play for the Jets in 2023, the writing was on the wall regarding his relationship with Green Bay.
    The main thing to get your head around with the draft is how they are used for trades. If team A wants a proven veteran to fill a crucial position from another team they normally have to give up one or more draft pick the following season(s). Team B will then take the place of team A in the draft order for that Aprils draft. The seriously top college players are all chosen in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft, so for the Jets to give up two second rounders in exchange for Rodger’s surprised a lot of people ; not because he’s not great, but because of his age, and because he’s coming off a relatively bad season by his high standards.

If a team is really desperate for one of the leagues top players they will sometimes give up as much as two or three first round picks and or trade away other starting players. That doesn’t happen often. Some franchises like to build through trading away all their top draft picks for trades for proven veterans (LA Rams last few years a good example), and other teams do the opposite when they’re rebuilding. The Panthers have decided to trade into the overall #1 pick this year because they need a QB and they want the best young player coming out of college. This will probably be CJ Stroud or Bryce Young, but they could spring a surprise and go for Anthony Richardson instead. Also watch for the large number of players coming from the biggest colleges; Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, a few others, because they have pro type programs and where the top high school players are attracted to in the first place.

Most of the big decisions will be made in the middle of the night Friday am our time.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-04-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Lamar Jackson resigns with the Ravens, 5 year, $260million contract (that’s a quarter of a billion our money!) to make him the newest highest paid player ever (until the next tranche of big name QBs reach the end of their contracts and tue record gets broken again).

With Bryce Young going to the Panthers that means the last 4 Alabama starting QBs could all be starters in the NFL next year; Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac Jones and Young.

I'm not sure if that has happened before but it's an impressive accolade for their football program.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    With Bryce Young going to the Panthers that means the last 4 Alabama starting QBs could all be starters in the NFL next year; Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac Jones and Young.

I'm not sure if that has happened before but it's an impressive accolade for their football program.
    That’s a good take, hadn’t realised that. The Tide can produce Forrest Gump and QBs

I don’t follow college football very closely at all but in terms of players grading it looks like the Texans did well with their last minute trading to get the top edge rusher AND one of the top two QBs, The Eagles got the top DT at #9 I saw projected at #5 AND an edge rusher at the end of the round and the Seahawks will be pleased to have nabbed the top receiver at #20 as well as the top defensive back at #5. Falcons and Lions both go for exciting young running backs early, Robinson and Gibbs, whose careers will be worth watching.

The big question day 2 is which team gets the last remaining star QB of this class, Levis out of Kentucky, highly rated but will probably be warming the bench behind a veteran now, whoever picks him.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 28-04-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 22-05-2023 at 11:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Lions 25/1 unheard of odds. Lump on. This time Lions, this time.

New season of Hard Knocks has started. This years featured team, the one and only New York Jets.

Clips of Jordan Love make me more hopeful about this season than I was before.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Clips of Jordan Love make me more hopeful about this season than I was before.
    He looks decent but we'll only really know once the real games start.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    A couple of good documentaries on netflix, one is about Johnny Manziel and his time at Texas A&M and his struggles with mental health.

The other is about the Florida Gators when Tim Tebow was QB around 07 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Lions 25/1 unheard of odds. Lump on. This time Lions, this time.
    Lions win at the Chiefs.

Our time comes 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Lions win at the Chiefs.

Our time comes 😀
    Jared Goff will do well with you this year imo.

Bloody hope so mate, as a long suffering Lions fan (family connections to Michigan so its Lions and Tigers all the way for me).

Its only taken about 50 years to build this team 😀

12 mins remaining 38/14 Green Bay @ Bears

it's a nice change not having to stay up until approx 3:30am watching Green Bay games

unfortunately my next game is the late one tomorrow night Bills @ Jets
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 10-09-2023 at 11:09 PM.