hibs.net Messageboard

Page 392 of 406 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,760 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andy Dalton. Andy. Dalton.

underwhelmed
    Reports today that Schneider and Bears owner met ‘secretly’, bears offered 3 1st rounders, 2 second rounders and 2 unnamed players, Schneider slept on it, and said no. The Bears then pick up Dalton as sloppy seconds.

Meanwhile all the best offensive linemen in free agency have been nabbed by the Chargers the Cardinals and the 49ers, which is like telling Wilson he’s not getting what he wants and then rubbing his nose in it afterwards .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Reports today that Schneider and Bears owner met ‘secretly’, bears offered 3 1st rounders, 2 second rounders and 2 unnamed players, Schneider slept on it, and said no. The Bears then pick up Dalton as sloppy seconds.

Meanwhile all the best offensive linemen in free agency have been nabbed by the Chargers the Cardinals and the 49ers, which is like telling Wilson he’s not getting what he wants and then rubbing his nose in it afterwards .
    Khalil Mack being one of the unnamed players apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    Khalil Mack being one of the unnamed players apparently

would've been gutted to see him traded tbh... one of the few bears I’d be unhappy to see go

Will Fuller to Miami. I like that move, a genuine deep threat that we have been badly lacking.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

A few big draft moves being reported.

49ers are trading up to 3 overall giving the Dolphins their number 12 pick plus 1st round picks in 2022 and 2023.

Dolphins are then trading back up to 6 with the Eagles, getting their 156 pick as well in exchange for 12, 123 and their own (rather than SFs) 2022 1st round pick.

My head hurts but on the face of it Miami are getting a pretty good deal there.

So it looks like overall Miami gets a first round pick plus one for moving from #3 to #6? Seems like a good deal. The really interesting thing is what are the 49ers up to. What is worth losing two first rounders for to get to #3? Maybe they want one of the qbs in the draft, are they trading Garropolo and what can they except to get for him?

Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers. Guess that means the Jets are 100% taking Wilson in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers. Guess that means the Jets are 100% taking Wilson in the draft.
    At least the top three picks will all be QBs.

The deshawn Watson revelations look really bad for him. He’s clearly a nasty piece of work.

The deshawn Watson revelations look really bad for him. He’s clearly a nasty piece of work.
    Yeah he's had some interesting few months! From "Free Drama in" to "send him to jail".

Totally different thing to what he’s been accused of, but wonder if the team will regret not trading him

I've never had a massage myself, but I'd imagine most people find a massage therapist who they feel comfortable with and stick with them, why on earth does someone need to see so many different massage therapists in the space of just over a year?

Sounds like a total creep at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I've never had a massage myself, but I'd imagine most people find a massage therapist who they feel comfortable with and stick with them, why on earth does someone need to see so many different massage therapists in the space of just over a year?

Sounds like a total creep at the very least.
    It’s surely more than just because he wanted to get his end away, it’s definitely that power dynamic that certain people get when they’re put on a superstar pedestal and are used to getting whatever they want their whole lives. Not that different to Jimmy Saville, arguably.

Moving on...I’ve been discovering PFF, what a great resource. (you know you’re bored when you start looking at offensive linemen grades). Does anyone remember last years draft the Giants took an offensive lineman in the first round, Anthony Thomas to widespread amazement, there were at least 4 guys including Tristan Wirfs and Bekton now at the Jets ranked way higher...but the Giants took him at #4 overall anyway, turns out PFF had him dead last in his position in his rookie year! Has to be one of the busts of all time, imagine using your top draft pick on a player and ending up with the actual worst player in the league in that position...Him vs Chase Young should be worth a watch for laughs again this season.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 09-04-2021 at 06:05 PM.

A podcast I was listening to was having a bit of fun by trying to come up with a European super league style NFL breakaway

The unanimous big hitters they came up with for a 8 team breakaway were Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks or 49ers, Saints, Giants also got a vote for the NY media market.

Granted it’s a stupid exercise but....Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I’d probably swap the Ravens for the Bears other than that it’s pretty spot on IMO.

Day one of the draft, no one knows how well these players are going to adjust to the pros, but early takeaways are the Eagles and Bears made smart choices, moving up to get the heisman winner and the most accurate QB respectively, and the Giants got themselves a ton of picks for future years and probably came out of it well too.

Also seems to be a theme of pairing up QBs with favoured receivers they knew from college, Tua gets his favourite target from Alabama and same with Burrow and the rookie receiver from LSU both go early in the first round.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 30-04-2021 at 11:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think I find the three? day draft extravaganza perhaps the most bizarre event in world sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I think I find the three? day draft extravaganza perhaps the most bizarre event in world sport.
    It is. And it also happens to be one of the most watched events as well (especially the 1st round)

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    It is. And it also happens to be one of the most watched events as well (especially the 1st round)
    It’s been a poor draft for stupid names, which is always what I look for first. Early favourites were both drafted by the Panthers, (clearly they like drafting just on the basis of names too) a running back called Chubby Hubbard and a TE from Notre Dame called Tommy Tremble. I’ll be watching their careers closely.

I'm in a few Dolphins Facebook groups and they make this place look calm and measured by comparison.

We had a good draft. We needed a weapon for Tua and after adding Will Fuller in FA, we took the best available receiver on the board at 6. We needed a pass rusher and if Jaelon Phillips stays fit we got a steal at 18. That was more pressing than a running back so passing on Harris made sense. We needed someone on the O line and we got one from Notre Dame who always produce in that position, we took a safety for depth. The tight end was the most surprising pick but with Gesicki and Smythe both potential free agents next year and the former likely to demand big money coming out of his rookie contract it makes sense. An OT and finally a RB in round 7, which based on recent years could well mean some success, rounds of a decent weekends work. Add to that we still have 2 1st round picks next year thanks to the trade with the 49ers and Eagles.

The moaning from some fans is unreal. People threatening to go and support other teams and predicting we are going 2-15, 7-10 and other doomsday scenarios. I get it we have under achieved or just been plain awful for years but everything is moving in the right direction. The AFC East will be competitive next season so it's hard to say with certainty we are a play off team but we were close last year and on paper look better now than we were then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm in a few Dolphins Facebook groups and they make this place look calm and measured by comparison.

We had a good draft. We needed a weapon for Tua and after adding Will Fuller in FA, we took the best available receiver on the board at 6. We needed a pass rusher and if Jaelon Phillips stays fit we got a steal at 18. That was more pressing than a running back so passing on Harris made sense. We needed someone on the O line and we got one from Notre Dame who always produce in that position, we took a safety for depth. The tight end was the most surprising pick but with Gesicki and Smythe both potential free agents next year and the former likely to demand big money coming out of his rookie contract it makes sense. An OT and finally a RB in round 7, which based on recent years could well mean some success, rounds of a decent weekends work. Add to that we still have 2 1st round picks next year thanks to the trade with the 49ers and Eagles.

The moaning from some fans is unreal. People threatening to go and support other teams and predicting we are going 2-15, 7-10 and other doomsday scenarios. I get it we have under achieved or just been plain awful for years but everything is moving in the right direction. The AFC East will be competitive next season so it's hard to say with certainty we are a play off team but we were close last year and on paper look better now than we were then.
    Seahawks.net and their Facebook page is very similar, absolute hysterics and drama queens in a cauldron of negativity. It makes me even more convinced that a cocktail of not being at games, explosion in social media use and mental health pressures due to lockdown is making ALL sports fans a bid madder than normal.

It’s been a poor draft for stupid names, which is always what I look for first. Early favourites were both drafted by the Panthers, (clearly they like drafting just on the basis of names too) a running back called Chubby Hubbard and a TE from Notre Dame called Tommy Tremble. I’ll be watching their careers closely.
    Tommy Tremble is a New York Post headline waiting to happen...

Seahawks.net and their Facebook page is very similar, absolute hysterics and drama queens in a cauldron of negativity. It makes me even more convinced that a cocktail of not being at games, explosion in social media use and mental health pressures due to lockdown is making ALL sports fans a bid madder than normal.

funnily enough, seen some Bears Facebook pages with a decent proportion of hysterics and whining. Just drafted what appears to be a franchise QB that few thought we’d have a chance at getting, and a cracker of an offensive linesman in an area of weakness, with several complementary players, and some folk still aren’t happy,

Tebow is back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tebow is back.
    Sheer cronyism from Urban Myer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Willing to bet Tebow is cut before the pre-season gets underway.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

We doing fantasy teams this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    I’m hoping so NOLA,Are you still on the WhatsApp group?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    We doing fantasy teams this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was interest for doing it again, we usually do a draft in July. Just use WhatsApp again?

Some rumours kicking around in Vegas that Aaron Rodgers is set to announce his retirement.