hibs.net Messageboard

Page 383 of 406 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It saddens me to see all of these washed up QBs in the league this year, yet CK continues to sit on the sidelines. He's far better than a lot of the dross suiting up week in, week out. NFL owners really are cowards.
    I was looking forward to seeing RG3, but he’s clearly not up to it. Sweep right to the tailback on a 3rd and 21? They clearly have no faith in him.

As to CK, agree completely, but in this year of all years if it’s not happened, it’s never happening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m really enjoying the Vikings second half of the season. They’ve just taken an early lead against Tampa Bay with smashmouth running game, quite like the 49ers last season with a lot of power running and play action. Both teams need the win to solidify a wild card spot.

Wow. Vikings dominating early, miss a couple of easy kicks, Brady with one perfect deep ball gives the Buccs the lead. He’s still got something left in that arm...

The Vikings have to be furious with the refs this half. And the kicker.

The Jets are doing a Jets thing, before the opening ko they’re 0-13 and in prime position for Trev Lawrence, now they’re shocking the 9-4 Rams 20-3 in the 3rd quarter

The Jets win finally.

**** the Steelers letsss gooooo!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    **** the Steelers letsss gooooo!!
    Ach we’ve just taken our foot of the gas till the playoffs

United we stand here....

Least surprising news of the season

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-wr...ditional-reins

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Ach we’ve just taken our foot of the gas till the playoffs
    I think I’d be worried if I was a Steelers fan. Looks like the 11-0 record was a bit of a facade and Ben looks horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    I think I’d be worried if I was a Steelers fan. Looks like the 11-0 record was a bit of a facade and Ben looks horrible.
    I am a bit concerned. I’ve not seen any of the losses as they’ve either been on really late or not on sky. I thought early on in the season we looked ordinary but still won, but the three games against the browns, titans and the ravens I started to believe this could be our year. Maybe they’re starting to believe their own hype and these losses will give them a kick up the backside.

United we stand here....

Can I just put it on record that I love Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If you haven't seen the throw he made in the last 20 seconds of last night's game then watch it. He was partially decapitated when he released the ball.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can I just put it on record that I love Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If you haven't seen the throw he made in the last 20 seconds of last night's game then watch it. He was partially decapitated when he released the ball.
    I think he got a bit lucky on that one

Its an unusual situation, where the coach is continuing to say Tua is the starter, but the youngster is continuing to underperform and as a result the unfashionable beardy vet gets wheeled out to make great throws. There’s clearly a good atmosphere between players and coaches to allow that to happen regularly and everyone to stay happy. Both Fitz and Tua seem like good eggs.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-12-2020 at 09:16 AM.

The 10-4 Browns finding a way to mess up their season. Always the same, 14-3 down now to the Jets.

Great win for the black and gold, to turn that around was impressive.

United we stand here....

The Jaguars have won the Trevor Lawrence lottery then. The way they have played this season there should be zero doubt they pick him.

Big potential division deciding games on now Eagles Cowboys and Seahawks Rams.

what a deep ball from Hurts, he has to be the starter now. Eagles in pole position now.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-12-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The 10-4 Browns finding a way to mess up their season. Always the same, 14-3 down now to the Jets.
    Did you see how the game ended? I've had it explained a couple of times and still don't get it. Very unfair in my opinion.

Jets have some how managed to win 2 in a row now though

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Did you see how the game ended? I've had it explained a couple of times and still don't get it. Very unfair in my opinion.

Jets have some how managed to win 2 in a row now though
    Id switched games by then. Two teams that have found their way to mess things up when it mattered most. As usual. Jags get Trev.

Seattles d stiffs the Rams on four consecutive plays on the goal line . That’s big.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 27-12-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Id switched games by then. Two teams that have found their way to mess things up when it mattered most. As usual. Jags get Trev.

Seattles d stiffs the Rams on four consecutive plays on the goal line . That’s big.
    Watch the play when you get the chance. I had no idea that was the rules. I'm still not sure it even is as sure I've seen an offensive player recover a fumble and move the ball forward

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Watch the play when you get the chance. I had no idea that was the rules. I'm still not sure it even is as sure I've seen an offensive player recover a fumble and move the ball forward
    Not in the final two minutes of games you haven’t. It’s a rule to stop an offensive player deliberately fumbling it forward to a teammate and then that teammate picking it up and advancing it(when he’s wrapped up by a defender on 4th down inches from the goal line, for example). The ball is ruled dead at the spot where the fumble happened. It’s a scenario that only becomes relevant late on in games so making it kick in in the final 2 minutes makes it a good rule IMO.

Iwatched the finale and it’s even more Browns-like than the rest of the game. How do you fumble on a play like that
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 28-12-2020 at 08:05 AM.

The mood on the street here in Jets country is...

WHAT THE ****?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    The mood on the street here in Jets country is...

WHAT THE ****?!?!
    I think it's brilliant.

As it stands the 2-13 Jets have the number 2 pick and the 10-5 Dolphins have the number 3.

I'm actually quite chuffed for Lawrence at how this has played out. For all the Jags issues they have a lot of draft picks and mountains of cap space to build something. He has a shot at being successful there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think it's brilliant.

As it stands the 2-13 Jets have the number 2 pick and the 10-5 Dolphins have the number 3.

I'm actually quite chuffed for Lawrence at how this has played out. For all the Jags issues they have a lot of draft picks and mountains of cap space to build something. He has a shot at being successful there.
    I don’t know much about college football, but is Trev that much better than the alternatives? I hear the Ohio QB Fields is a top prospect as well. It wouldn’t be the first time a college star fades in the pros and vice versa; no one expected much from the rookie QB Herbert at the chargers this year, he went behind 4 or 5 other QBs in the draft and he’s broken the rookie TD record this season! he wasn’t even a starter in September. It could be the Jets get an eventual star player anyway from #2.

I think it's brilliant.

As a Pats fan I love it.

To be fair I do think Darnold isnt the problem, they have little to no blockers catchers or runners, Lawrence doesn't really change that, he'll still need those guys to turn the Jets into contenders but he'll still do a good job. Build that side then get a top QB in a couple years if Darnold doesn't get it done then.
    Last edited by Haymaker; 28-12-2020 at 03:49 PM.

I don’t know much about college football, but is Trev that much better than the alternatives? I hear the Ohio QB Fields is a top prospect as well. It wouldn’t be the first time a college star fades in the pros and vice versa; no one expected much from the rookie QB Herbert at the chargers this year, he went behind 4 or 5 other QBs in the draft and he’s broken the rookie TD record this season! he wasn’t even a starter in September. It could be the Jets get an eventual star player anyway from #2.
    I liked Fields for the Patriots but he had a shocker in the championship game the other week...

And yeah college doesn't always mean they'll be great at pro. But Trevor Lawrence missed the game vs Notre Dame and Dame won. He played in their second match up and they were favorites by 20+ points. He's a difference maker.

I liked Fields for the Patriots but he had a shocker in the championship game the other week...

And yeah college doesn't always mean they'll be great at pro. But Trevor Lawrence missed the game vs Notre Dame and Dame won. He played in their second match up and they were favorites by 20+ points. He's a difference maker.
    Interesting, thanks. He does have nice hair also.

Interesting, thanks. He does have nice hair also.
    Needs to get that cut. Damn Hippies!

Of course, he DOES have an awful lot of good college players round him. Look at Tua, he's not getting much done at Miami who I'd say have better options than the Jets.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It's going to be really interesting to see what we do in the off-season this year. I have a sneaky feeling BB is going to walk away at the end of this year, as Kraft Snr rolls the dice with Josh McDaniels most likely to take over.

Cam has looked awful at times, but with so few weapons and protection, he's not being helped - I can't decide if I want to see him get another year or tossed out of a moving bus. Apart from our special teams, it's been a horror show of a year and I fully expect the Jets to get their 3rd win in our final game.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Well Fields is currently beating the ship out of Clemson so....