hibs.net Messageboard

Page 377 of 406 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,310 of 12180
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know your franchise is in trouble when youre hoping for Andy Dalton
    It was already in trouble when we brought back Brian Hoyer...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has anyone actually seen any of Stidham? Could it be a low key tank for a decent QB in next years draft? Tom Brady struggled a bit with that offence last season and with a brand new untested QB it could really struggle to get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Has anyone actually seen any of Stidham? Could it be a low key tank for a decent QB in next years draft? Tom Brady struggled a bit with that offence last season and with a brand new untested QB it could really struggle to get off the ground.
    He came out last season in the 4th when we were cruising and threw an INT and then Brady came back out.

Tank For Trev!

You know your franchise is in trouble when youre hoping for Andy Dalton
    And Dalton joins The Cowgirls!

Tank For Trev! Tank For Trev!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    He looked decent in our pre-season games last year, but struggled the one time he came into a regular season game (as Haymaker already mentioned).

Having said that, our offense struggled in general last year, so it's no real surprise. I saw him a couple of times with Auburn and he looked like a great young QB then.

Dallas is a great landing spot for Dalton. Good move all round I think. Not a massive fan of the Cowboys but hope he has success there.

Anyone that thinks little bill will tank is nuts. He's 44 wins from shulas record. He's a born winner. If they get the 1st overall pick it'll not be deliberate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Anyone that thinks little bill will tank is nuts. He's 44 wins from shulas record. He's a born winner. If they get the 1st overall pick it'll not be deliberate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    While I agree, his off-season trades and draft strategy have been utterly bizarre.

He's gotten us this far, so I'm curious to see what we look like this year. With so many regulars now gone, it's going to be interesting.

He must be happy with Stidham, as he's passing on every single QB that's come to market.

PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Schedules are out... let's Tank For Trev!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I only just saw that a couple of days ago. Very sad news indeed. Architect of Miami's greatest ever seasons, and an absolute gentleman to boot. He's a genuine legend in the game, and I personally can't see BB beating his record.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Schedules are out... let's Tank For Trev!
    I don't think we'll need to 'tank' - just look at that away schedule. Seahawks week 2...*shudder*.

7-9 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Yes, a great of the game. He was coaching the dolphins in my era of getting hooked on the sport as a teenager, his trademark fat shades defining that Miami cool, with Miami Vice the big thing on tv and dan Marino reinventing the sport.

What I didn’t realise was he was already a Super Bowl winning coach with the colts way back in super bowl3, he was clearly successful in multiple eras and with very different offenses.

Quinton Dunbar and DeAndre Baker are in a lot of trouble.

What I didn’t realise was he was already a Super Bowl winning coach with the colts way back in super bowl3, he was clearly successful in multiple eras and with very different offenses.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    ?
    Whoops But the Shula point is valid I think.

That Dunbar story is terrible news for us. Depth at cornerback is massive in today’s NFL and he was a big addition a couple of months ago.

Cody Latimer now arrested.

Big rule change vote next week.

Instead of an onside kick, teams can opt for a 4th and 15 play from the 25yard line instead of kicking off. I’m not sure how I feel about it, i like the quirkiness of an onside kick.

Big rule change vote next week.

Instead of an onside kick, teams can opt for a 4th and 15 play from the 25yard line instead of kicking off. I’m not sure how I feel about it, i like the quirkiness of an onside kick.

yeah, also feels a bit like rewarding teams who’re not very good at onside kicks

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    yeah, also feels a bit like rewarding teams who’re not very good at onside kicks
    The problem is that onside kicks just don't work any more.

Because players can't run until the ball is kicked the likelihood of them getting into a position to recover an onside kick is tiny. I think the success rate was something like 6% last season when previously it had been 20%.

I used to love onside kicks and it was especially exciting when a coach did it in a surprising situation. One of the best was when the Saints started the 2nd half of their superbowl win with an onside kick. Sadly they wouldn't be attempted in any situation unless there was absolutely no other option, e.g. trailing with less than 1.5 mins left and no timeouts.

All kick offs are pretty much a waste of time right now, they usually go for a touchback and are hardly ever returned.

I quite liked what the XFL did with kick offs to be honest, but it didn't solve the onside kick problem. I think the 4 and 15 attempt is at least an effort to allow teams a chance to get another possession straight away, although I'd maybe look at allowing the kicker to line up anywhere on the 35 yard line so they could go wider to try to get more hang time on the ball and allow their players enough time to get up and challenge for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The problem is that onside kicks just don't work any more.

Because players can't run until the ball is kicked the likelihood of them getting into a position to recover an onside kick is tiny. I think the success rate was something like 6% last season when previously it had been 20%.

I used to love onside kicks and it was especially exciting when a coach did it in a surprising situation. One of the best was when the Saints started the 2nd half of their superbowl win with an onside kick. Sadly they wouldn't be attempted in any situation unless there was absolutely no other option, e.g. trailing with less than 1.5 mins left and no timeouts.

All kick offs are pretty much a waste of time right now, they usually go for a touchback and are hardly ever returned.

I quite liked what the XFL did with kick offs to be honest, but it didn't solve the onside kick problem. I think the 4 and 15 attempt is at least an effort to allow teams a chance to get another possession straight away, although I'd maybe look at allowing the kicker to line up anywhere on the 35 yard line so they could go wider to try to get more hang time on the ball and allow their players enough time to get up and challenge for it.

Yeah all good points mate, its an imperfect situation that could be improved

After thinking about it, I’ve come down on the side of keeping onside kicks as they are. It’s a nice quirk of the game and losing it would dilute the importance of special teams and increase the drive for everything to be about the offense all the time.

The problem of course comes from the rule change stopping the kicking teams run up prior to the kick off. They probably didn’t see the consequence on onside kicks becoming harder to pull off.

I also read about the possibility this could lead to clock manipulation. Imagine scenario, team scores with 15 seconds left, lead by a point, opposing team has 3 time outs, and ordinarily would have a decent shout at a couple of deep out routes and a field goal to win it. But under the new rules, the kick off team could opt for a 4th and 15 play, run a QB option with a series of reverses and lateral passes to run the 15 seconds off the clock and kill the game. Unless they say that the clock should remain stopped during the attempt maybe?
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 26-05-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Unless they say that the clock should remain stopped during the attempt maybe?
    I think that's what they'll have to do. Does the clock run during a kick off? I thought it didn't, but thinking about it it must because time can explore on a kick off return.

Our does it start when the receiving team gets the ball maybe? They could do this on the 4th and 15 attempt, only start the clock when a forward pass is thrown?

I like onside kicks too, they're great but they need to do something to make them work better. I just thought of it on the spot yesterday but I actually like the idea of allowing the kicker to line up anywhere on the 35 yard line with the full width of the field available. That would allow them as much as 53 yards to hang the ball up high and give their players more time to get to the ball. More like a rugby kick off where they have much more width on the pitch.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 26-05-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I think that's what they'll have to do. Does the clock run during a kick off? I thought it didn't, but thinking about it it must because time can explore on a kick off return.

Our does it start when the receiving team gets the ball maybe? They could do this on the 4th and 15 attempt, only start the clock when a forward pass is thrown?

I like onside kicks too, they're great but they need to do something to make them work better. I just thought of it on the spot yesterday but I actually like the idea of allowing the kicker to line up anywhere on the 35 yard line with the full width of the field available. That would allow them as much as 53 yards to hang the ball up high and give their players more time to get to the ball. More like a rugby kick off where they have much more width on the pitch.
    I think the clock starts when the receiver touches it? Can’t remember, I might dig out madden and check

No change to the onside kick rule announced. Probably a good thing.

I... I think the commish just apologized to Kap....

Judging by the Michael Thomas etc video yesterday, I think the players would strike if he hadn’t apologised. I can’t see CK getting a job-an owner would potentially alienate a big chunk of the fan base, everything is so polarised now.Hope I’m wrong.

I actually thought it was a good message he put out, well done to him for showing some humility and admitting he got it wrong. Hopefully it'll lead to some change in the NFL, although I'd be very surprised if it led to Kap getting a job.

Still can't believe him and Cam Newton haven't got a job above some of the rubbish kicking around the league even as backups. Admittedly there are other factors at play with Newton, having long standing injuries and not being able to work him out because of coronavirus has got to be a contributing factor.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Just a quick plug folks.

I am a moderator for an NCAA football fan page on Facebook.

Recently we have had a few conference calls with players from several US colleges including Penn State, Duke and UCF.

We are releasing the conferences as posts once a week over the next few weeks and we hope the engagement will help promote college football within the UK.

If you have Facebook and want to follow us that would be great.

The page is - CFB UK

Cheers

GGTTH

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Cam Newton is a patriot.

Gamer IDs

Cam Newton is a patriot.

If he can stay fit, fine.

However, that 'if' is bigger than his ego.