hibs.net Messageboard

Page 399 of 406 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,970 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NFC North belongs to the Lions next season.
    At long long long last :)
    It’s a bit early to say that

The two first round draft picks will help, no doubt. And it’s a lesson for folk trying to judge trades too early-Stafford for Goff seemed like craziness-I mocked it at the time and now it turns out Goff can play after all, and the Rams are imploding. Similar with Russell Wilson going to the Broncos and leaving us joke GENO Smith…and now we’re in the playoffs with two first round picks.

All QBs need the right system to play in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wild card weekend probably the highlight of the season IMO. The 49ers look huge favourites against my Seahawks in an hour or so, Jaguars Chargers later will be interesting, two teams on form both with outstanding young QBs from that famous 2020 draft class.

49ers just too good. Seattle needed to play perfectly to be in the game, and they did first half, held a surprise 17-16 lead at halftime. But San Francisco just dominant on both sides of the ball second half and I can’t see anyone in the NFC stopping them.

Jaguars overcome 27-0 deficit to win 31-30 and progress.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Some start to this game for Cincinnati. You'd think the Bills would be used to this weather
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Go Birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Go Birds!

I hope so but I think the niners defense can stop anyone.

I love to see the Eagles fans celebrate. One of the few nfl crowds that celebrate like fitba’ fans

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    had £5 on Chiefs to win Superbowl from the start of the season for a nice £50 lift but i think it will be Eagles/Bengals

Bengals number 58 with a stupid unnecessary roughness on mahomes who would have been out of bounds and costs his side a 15 yard penalty, boom field goal Chiefs 23-20, game

acceptable £54 for Eagles/Chiefs double in the pokey :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 30-01-2023 at 03:11 AM.

Superbowl party at the Hobo house. All welcome, (well if you are a Chiefs fan obviously) 😁

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Superbowl party at the Hobo house. All welcome, (well if you are a Chiefs fan obviously) 😁
    I'll be having one of my own
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I love to see the Eagles fans celebrate. One of the few nfl crowds that celebrate like fitba’ fans
    Blue collar city. They certainly know how to party.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can't remember where you are mate but I might be in Austin first weekend of May

Super Bowl LVII - Live at The Albion Bar - Hibernian FC

Super Bowl LVII takes place on Sunday 12 February, take in all the action until 4am at The Albion Bar in Easter Road Stadium!

That's right, we're opening our Sports Bar, The Albion Bar, until 4am for Super Bowl LVII! Join us from 9pm on Sunday 12 February to watch all of the action between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs.
    We'll be showing every minute of the match, including the famous half-time show, on our multiple screens so pick a table, get comfy and settle in for a great night of entertainment.
    As well as our wide range of beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks, we will be offering a special Super Bowl food menu for you to enjoy until the wee hours. Choose from our All American Juicy Lucy Burger, Hot Dogs with crispy fried onions, Southern Fried Chicken Burgers, Range of Fries, Tobacco Onions and more! Vegetarian options are also available.
    This event is ticketed with tickets costing just £5 per person. Book yours now to reserve your spot and get ready to watch Super Bowl LVII in our Sports Bar at Easter Road Stadium.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Tobacco Onions? Reminds me of that Simpsons episode with everyone addicted to tomacco.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/64561588

This is an interesting story somewhat related to this years Superbowl, one which I'll admit to being totally ignorant about until today.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/64561588

This is an interesting story somewhat related to this years Superbowl, one which I'll admit to being totally ignorant about until today.
    I didn’t know that either.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Tobacco Onions? Reminds me of that Simpsons episode with everyone addicted to tomacco.
    I’ve decided to make tobacco onions tomorrow off the back of Hibs posting that.

A Super Bowl feast has become a tradition in our house. The Chicago style deep dish pizza and buffalo fried chicken staples are being joined by Philly Cheesesteak, pretzels, tobacco onions and dirt cake this year. All homemade.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’ve decided to make tobacco onions tomorrow off the back of Hibs posting that.

A Super Bowl feast has become a tradition in our house. The Chicago style deep dish pizza and buffalo fried chicken staples are being joined by Philly Cheesesteak, pretzels, tobacco onions and dirt cake this year. All homemade.
    I found a good recipe for spicy wedges, so i'll be doing them this year with the usual chicken wings. And chilli dogs have become a regular fixture as well.
    The real challenge for me and the boy is eating it all and then managing to not fall asleep half way through the Third Quarter. Sadly i have work in the morning.

I'm done trying to stay up until 4.30 then work the next day.

Wife is taking the 2 kids to her dads for the half term break so I have the house to myself. Going to avoid the score all day tomorrow, use my flexi to finish early then make a bit of a feast and sit and watch it tomorrow evening. Skipping the half time show, butchering of the US anthem and all the other added on drivel.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Always take the Monday off after the SB and have done for years. Not sure why so many don't, sack trying to work on the Monday.

I don’t start until 3pm tomorrow. Alcohol doesn’t mix well with my work so I won’t be drinking but I’ll stay up and watch it then get some kip before work.

This is my first year being into American football. I went over to see relatives in Texas in October and they’re all mad for it. At the start of the fortnight I was feigning interest and by the end of the holiday I was hooked. My 13yo nephew plays, we went to see his team play (he was not playing himself as he’s had to have knee surgery) and my brother in law and nephews seem to base their lives around watching it / playing fantasy football and I got totally drawn in.

Just trying to figure out which team to root for, tonight and next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Always take the Monday off after the SB and have done for years. Not sure why so many don't, sack trying to work on the Monday.
    I’m working from home tomorrow so it’s not too bad, being tired is worse around other humans.

In other exciting news, I have marinated my wings (2kg)in gojujang Korean style for a change.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 12-02-2023 at 05:22 PM.

I think tonight could be a classic. Eagles defensive line is fearsome but Mahomes is sometimes more dangerous when on the run. I like Sanders in the Eagles backfield a lot and he could be a nice underdog MVP candidate. Just looking forward to a competitive game and an eventual Eagles win.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I think the Eagles will win it. I'm looking forward to the It's always sunny in Philadelphia episode already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm done trying to stay up until 4.30 then work the next day.

Wife is taking the 2 kids to her dads for the half term break so I have the house to myself. Going to avoid the score all day tomorrow, use my flexi to finish early then make a bit of a feast and sit and watch it tomorrow evening. Skipping the half time show, butchering of the US anthem and all the other added on drivel.
    Just out of interest, how do you pull this off? I have done this for a few Hibs games on Alba, watched it three hours after its happened and stay away from radio or internet for a few hours...but a whole day avoiding the result for such a huge event? Is it no screens rule all day and hope you dont meet any fans of said sport or those teams through the day?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Just out of interest, how do you pull this off? I have done this for a few Hibs games on Alba, watched it three hours after its happened and stay away from radio or internet for a few hours...but a whole day avoiding the result for such a huge event? Is it no screens rule all day and hope you dont meet any fans of said sport or those teams through the day?
    There's only one guy in my work into the game, although he's more a college fan, and he knows not to say anything.

Avoid here, no TV in the morning, no internet at work, walk to work so no car radio and turn off notifications on my phone and I should be ok.

I'm going to start at 6.30 so all being well I can leave just after 12 so not too long to avoid it really.

I daresay the plan will go south by 7am but worth a try. I'll still watch it even if I do know the result.

Who we all wanting to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don’t start until 3pm tomorrow. Alcohol doesn’t mix well with my work so I won’t be drinking but I’ll stay up and watch it then get some kip before work.

This is my first year being into American football. I went over to see relatives in Texas in October and they’re all mad for it. At the start of the fortnight I was feigning interest and by the end of the holiday I was hooked. My 13yo nephew plays, we went to see his team play (he was not playing himself as he’s had to have knee surgery) and my brother in law and nephews seem to base their lives around watching it / playing fantasy football and I got totally drawn in.

Just trying to figure out which team to root for, tonight and next season.
    Chiefs tonight. Dolphins thereafter 👍