hibs.net Messageboard

Page 385 of 406 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,550 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep put a Rodgers, Wilson or the GOAT into that Rams team and it would be hard to stop but Goff unfortunately is not the answer. Whether it’s Goff not playing McVay’s calls correctly or McVays calls being wrong at crucial times I’m not sure but time and again this season it hasn’t worked out.

Think the Bills will be too strong tonight in the late game got the matchsticks ready on standby and a couple of beers on hand.
    agree about Goff.

Judging by the highlights and the stats, it looked like a funny game in Orchard Park last night. The Ravens dominated time of possession and total yards but two kicks off the upright and a 101 yard pick six gave the score a flattering look 17-3 Bills.

I really hope the Browns pull off the upset. And I think Buccs Saints is really tough to call.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 17-01-2021 at 04:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

13-3 Chiefs in the 1st. Baker has started well but this looks ominous.

OMG that’s the most Cleveland play ever. Just about to score, half a yard out, stretches, drops the ball, rolls through the back of the end zone, Chiefs ball.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 17-01-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mahomes is an absolute joy to watch. Just hope his turf toe isn’t affecting him too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Mahomes is an absolute joy to watch. Just hope his turf toe isn’t affecting him too badly.
    Mahomes injured! Massive news.

Browns comeback on. They are playing really tough.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 17-01-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Mahomes injured! Massive news.

Browns comeback on. They are playing really tough.
    This can go either way.

Wonder if those 4 points from missed kicks will count in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    This can go either way.

Wonder if those 4 points from missed kicks will count in the end.
    Its a great game. So physical, they clearly don’t like each other much...

I didn't realise Chad Henne was still in the league. I remember him not being very good in Miami about a decade ago when he replaced Chad Pennington (who was pretty good).

That is a genius bit of play calling. Worthy of winning any game.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Well the Browns deserve lots of credit for that. The chiefs have to hope Mahomes concussion protocol goes well judging by that horror Henne pick. But they’re in the AFC Championship game.

So it's Bills at the Chiefs in the AFC and Bucs at the Packers in the NFC.

Two really interesting games, two all time great QB's facing off with the Bucs going for the chance to be the first team to play a superbowl in their home stadium. TB12 just seems to go on and on, just let other teams have a chance already Tom...

No doubting what the big story all week will be though. Will Mahomes recover from his concussion in time for the game?

If he does it's looking like a Chiefs Vs Packers superbowl, Rodgers Vs Mahomes in the Superbowl would be incredible. If not then you'd have to say that the Bills would be favourites win the AFC Championship. I kind of want to see the Bills win it, with the 4 losses in a row in the 90's their fans must be hurting so much it would be good to see them get the monkey off their back.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Someone in New England needs fired - Brady looked brilliant last night and Brady vs Rodgers should be one hell of a match-up. Also looking forward to Buffalo vs Kansas City - again, should be a great game.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Julian Edelman ended up in Tampa next season...
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Rivers retires after 17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Rivers retires after 17 years
    Carson Wentz to the Colts has been doing the rounds for weeks. That will go into overdrive now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Carson Wentz to the Colts has been doing the rounds for weeks. That will go into overdrive now.
    I think Wentz is finished. He’s like a different player from the Super Bowl season (2017?). Deshaun Watson is the real prize for teams trading this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think Wentz is finished. He’s like a different player from the Super Bowl season (2017?). Deshaun Watson is the real prize for teams trading this off season.
    Watson to the Jets

Bills at Chiefs and Buccs at Packers. Conference championship weekend, i always feel a bit deflated at this point in the season...theres only 3 games left and then a long 7 months without any NFL.

I think any of these four teams could win it. Im finding it harder than any season I can remember to pick a Superbowl winner. The home teams will be favourite but theres valid reasons why Buffalo and Tampa will win too.

F it, im picking the Bills and the Buccs.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 22-01-2021 at 04:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    mon the packers, watched every game, backed Chiefs last year and Green Bay this year

even managed to pick up another couple of rules :) both ties this weekend will be braw imo

I'm hoping for a Bills v Packers Superbowl.

No idea how it will play out though, both games really could go either way.

I’ll have my official, Green Bay issue cheesehead hat on for the game. Hoping they’ll go all the way this year!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I kinda want the Bills to win it this year. I know they're divisional rivals etc, but their fans deserve a bit of joy for once!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on this thread. Hope your all doing well.

I'm glad the route to the superbowl is going through Lambeau as the Packers didn't fare well during the last meeting
    I'm still a little concerned about the defence being able to make a stop when needed but they have improved throughout the season.

For the other game I would like to see the Bills, I just like to see different teams having success and they deserve it in my opinion (not that the chiefs don't)

My brother got me a Clay Mathews card for my birthday and if the Packers win tomorrow night I will get another Jersey.

On the College front I haven't really been following it that much since I dropped my BT subscription but I have a friend who went to UNC and she brought me back a Jersey and baseball cap from her last visit so I'm now an unofficial tar heel fan.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 23-01-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on this thread. Hope your all doing well.

I'm glad the route to the superbowl is going through Lambeau as the Packers didn't fare well during the last meeting
    I'm still a little concerned about the defence being able to make a stop when needed but they have improved throughout the season.

For the other game I would like to see the Bills, I just like to see different teams having success and they deserve it in my opinion (not that the chiefs don't)

My brother got me a Clay Mathews card for my birthday and if the Packers win tomorrow night I will get another Jersey.

On the College front I haven't really been following it that much since I dropped my BT subscription but I have a friend who went to UNC and she brought me back a Jersey and baseball cap from her last visit so I'm now an unofficial tar heel fan.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Nice one, glad to read that your well
    I've not been on the thread much this year either. Kinda lost my way with football just now. Jets suck big time and are a struggle to watch and haven't watched a Buckeyes game all season. Tend to just flick to Redzone on a Sunday and see what's happening then flick back to something else on telly. Occasionally watch MNF though if I'm in my bed and crash out. I did watch the first quarter of the Saints v Bucks game last week but turned it off as the Bucks were awful and thought to myself they have no chance are about to be blown out the water again like during the season. How shocked was I in the morning, just goes to show that I still know nothing about football lol. Can't get excited about the superbowl. I mean, I will watch it but it's normally a big social event for me, either going out or having friends over. Like everything else this year, just seems a bit flat to me.

Anyways hope your all well and good luck if your teams still in the running. Take care everybody

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Some pre game hype

Last edited by Gatecrasher; 24-01-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Nice one, glad to read that your well
    I've not been on the thread much this year either. Kinda lost my way with football just now. Jets suck big time and are a struggle to watch and haven't watched a Buckeyes game all season. Tend to just flick to Redzone on a Sunday and see what's happening then flick back to something else on telly. Occasionally watch MNF though if I'm in my bed and crash out. I did watch the first quarter of the Saints v Bucks game last week but turned it off as the Bucks were awful and thought to myself they have no chance are about to be blown out the water again like during the season. How shocked was I in the morning, just goes to show that I still know nothing about football lol. Can't get excited about the superbowl. I mean, I will watch it but it's normally a big social event for me, either going out or having friends over. Like everything else this year, just seems a bit flat to me.

Anyways hope your all well and good luck if your teams still in the running. Take care everybody
    It must be a little harder when your team is as bad as it is just now, I missed the crowds more in the College games and they just felt flat to me That must be similar for some folk watching Scottish Football even though I dont mind it with Hibs that much.

I think its been a decent NFL season, some good teams and players showing their stuff.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Bills v Packers Superbowl for me.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    14 championship games in 21 seasons for Brady is just ridiculous. First blood Brady 7-0 Tampa.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Extremely disappointed to see the playing field at Lambeau not covered in snow and the match being conducted in a blizzard.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Better pitch than ER though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

This is what I was meaning about the defending in my post earlier, can they stop then when really needed, I’m not so sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Brady is just superb.