hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391
Results 11,701 to 11,716 of 11716
  1. #11701
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just read that Chris Wesseling passed away with his cancer on Friday at just 46. Iíve listened to on the around the NFL podcast for years now, and Iím genuinely saddened. Seemed like a lovely guy. During the shows they discussed his illness (you could hear his voice starting to weaken in recent months) and his wife came on the show occasionally, the characters on the podcast seemed like one of the same family. It was a nice dedication podcast today, they relegated the Super Bowl game report to just one line, the final score, and talked about Wess instead. RIP.

    on sky sports they did a wee tribute to him and were talking to the other guys on the podcast (theyíre usually on anyway), and I remember some weeks ago Neil Reynolds asking them how Wesseling was doing through his treatment.

    leaves a young son behind as well, terribly sad news


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #11702
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,970
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    on sky sports they did a wee tribute to him and were talking to the other guys on the podcast (theyíre usually on anyway), and I remember some weeks ago Neil Reynolds asking them how Wesseling was doing through his treatment.

    leaves a young son behind as well, terribly sad news
    I had NFL game pass this year so didnít watch any of skyís coverage, but yeah itís just awful news. I felt like I knew the guy and seems like lots of others felt the same way

  4. #11703
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,382
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite unbelievable how good a career TB has had. Wasn't great to see him win another in a different uniform, but thoroughly deserved.

    Forget the offense though, Tampa's defense were phenomenal last night - they made Mahomes look positively ordinary.

    How long til Spring Training starts...
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Brady over the course of his career is more likely to go to a conference championship game than the rest of the league's QBs are to complete a Pass.

    Makes me wonder that if the Patriots had really gone all-in, boom or bust in the 2019 season, 2020 be damned, if Brady might have won his 7th last year.

    Either way, I'm delighted for him, his achievements will in all likelihood never be surpassed, the greatest to ever play the game, and I've been fortunate enough to watch him play in the flesh back in 2012 in London.

    I could see Tampa get back to the Super Bowl next year, this year's NFC contenders are all either right up against the cap or over it bar the Bucs.

  5. #11704
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,881
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just read that Chris Wesseling passed away with his cancer on Friday at just 46. Iíve listened to on the around the NFL podcast for years now, and Iím genuinely saddened. Seemed like a lovely guy. During the shows they discussed his illness (you could hear his voice starting to weaken in recent months) and his wife came on the show occasionally, the characters on the podcast seemed like one of the same family. It was a nice dedication podcast today, they relegated the Super Bowl game report to just one line, the final score, and talked about Wess instead. RIP.
    I watched the sky coverage and I knew right away that Wess had passed. Neil is such a good presenter, but he was almost in tears at the news. Wess got married and had a kid during his fight against cancer. As you say the around the nfl podcast is brilliant and itís a sad day that Wess lost his fight. RIP legend.

    United we stand here....

  6. #11705
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,881
    By the way how good was the sky coverage of the super bowl, Dallas Clark was so funny.

    United we stand here....

  7. #11706
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,881
    As good as Brady was, mvp was the Wrong call.

    United we stand here....

  8. #11707
    Testimonial Due Sergio sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. Fun evening even though the game didnít have much drama. We learned that Mahomes is human and Brady probably isnít.

    Not sure it was good for my waistline. Whenís the draft?
    I don't know if we learned that Mahomes is human, he had literally no protection all night and even them if his receivers had caught some of the many passes they dropped he would have completed some of the most spectacular passes I've ever seen. The one where he was diving forward and was almost horizontal was incredible.

    I don't know why the chiefs persisted with the same protection scheme all night, Mahomes had a free guy rushing at him on virtually every play.

  9. #11708
    Testimonial Due Sergio sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just read that Chris Wesseling passed away with his cancer on Friday at just 46. Iíve listened to on the around the NFL podcast for years now, and Iím genuinely saddened. Seemed like a lovely guy. During the shows they discussed his illness (you could hear his voice starting to weaken in recent months) and his wife came on the show occasionally, the characters on the podcast seemed like one of the same family. It was a nice dedication podcast today, they relegated the Super Bowl game report to just one line, the final score, and talked about Wess instead. RIP.
    Yeah terrible news. I feared the worst when he announced that his cancer had returned and as you say you could hear him weakening on recent appearances. Devastating for his wife and son and whole family, as well as the podcast guys. It must have been so hard for them over the last few weeks knowing what was going on.

  10. #11709
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if we learned that Mahomes is human, he had literally no protection all night and even them if his receivers had caught some of the many passes they dropped he would have completed some of the most spectacular passes I've ever seen. The one where he was diving forward and was almost horizontal was incredible.

    I don't know why the chiefs persisted with the same protection scheme all night, Mahomes had a free guy rushing at him on virtually every play.
    I agree that he did all he could, it was his supporting cast who let him down. Big drops by Hill, who is frankly a bit of a dick despite his talent, and Kelve. And credit needs to go to Pierre Paul Vea and the others. Iím not sure even the chiefs first choice linemen could have lived with that degree of pressure. Thatís all I mean in the context of him being Ďhumaní. Brady, on the other hand...how he keeps winning...

  11. #11710
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As good as Brady was, mvp was the Wrong call.
    I'd agree with that Could have been worse though. Gronk could have got it.

  12. #11711
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,854
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I dont know if its been mentioned on here before but a fun mobile game called Retro Bowl. I'm addicted.

  13. #11712
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    16,488
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/56078300

    Vincent Jackson found dead in a hotel in Florida - he was in my fantasy team at one point not too long ago!

    Only 38 - what a shame.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

  14. #11713
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,970
    Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, according to his agent, but reportedly has four destination teams in mind (Cowboys Bears Saints Raiders). Good sources in Seattle suggest heís fed up and wants out.

    Sounds like itís either Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson for the chop in Seattle.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 26-02-2021 at 12:27 PM.

  15. #11714
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,303
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, according to his agent, but reportedly has four destination teams in mind (Cowboys Bears Saints Raiders). Good sources in Seattle suggest heís fed up and wants out.

    Sounds like itís either Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson for the chop in Seattle.
    He wants an O Line!

    It's gets rid of Pete before Russell imo.

  16. #11715
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wants an O Line!

    It's gets rid of Pete before Russell imo.
    Thatís what most Hawks fans think too.

    But Russell is also full of ****. PFF have the Seahawks 15th in Offensive line play, the best theyíve ever been since Russellís been there! Heís been sacked the most this season because he holds onto the ball too long and doesnít take what the defense gives him.

    On the basis that the relationship is broken, Iíd trade him to the Jets, get the 2 first round picks back we gave up for Jamaal Adams, and draft that Ohio QB or whoever else they want at #2.

  17. #11716
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,303
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís what most Hawks fans think too.

    But Russell is also full of ****. PFF have the Seahawks 15th in Offensive line play, the best theyíve ever been since Russellís been there! Heís been sacked the most this season because he holds onto the ball too long and doesnít take what the defense gives him.

    On the basis that the relationship is broken, Iíd trade him to the Jets, get the 2 first round picks back we gave up for Jamaal Adams, and draft that Ohio QB or whoever else they want at #2.
    Anyone but the Jets...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)