hibs.net Messageboard

Page 387 of 406 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,610 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bills have a very strong offense, I wouldn’t discount Josh Allen in the second half but they need to do something about Kelce on the other side of the ball. 9 for 92 yards in less than a half for a tight end is ridiculous numbers.
    They’ve had a great offence but Allen looks spooked, making poor decisions on just about every snap

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    They’ve had a great offence but Allen looks spooked, making poor decisions on just about every snap
    should never have kicked the fg there. Cojones absent.

should never have kicked the fg there. Cojones absent.
    Big time, my thoughts exactly...still in it with a shot at the half at least

Second Superbowl in a row coming the Chiefs way at this rate.....

Just found out that interestingly enough this will be the first time ever two previous SuperBowl winning QBs will face off in the big game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    A disappointing night last night for sure, GB had the chances and blew it at the end of the day. The bucs have a crazy defence though but I think the Chiefs will better them.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i was reading San Francisco 49ers have increased their shareholding in Leeds United by a further 22% to 37%

that now values leeds at approx £225m, i know Radrizzani has big plans to make ER(Elland Road) a world class stadium

wonder if oor Ron knows the 49ers gadgy
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 27-01-2021 at 05:11 AM.

Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade. This could be one of the biggest deals ever, I don't think the NFL has ever had a QB who's one of the top 4 or 5 in the league traded at his age.

And the way his contract is, any teams looking to trade for him would get him pretty cheap salary wise.

I can see 3/4 of the league being interested. The Chiefs, Packers, Bills, Ravens, Seahawks, Chargers, Cardinals and Bengals and Jaguars probably will be happy with what they have, but every other team will be scrambling around to see what they can offer.

Jets could be in prime position, they could give up their two first round picks this year and a first round pick next year, as well as some later round picks. Texans get their pick of QB (except Lawrence) in the draft this year and 2 more first round picks, Jets still have a first next year and can then trade Darnold away for a second round pick this year.

Jets could even offer another first rounder next year if they wanted.

On the other hand they may see more benefit in rolling with Darnold for another year and using their draft picks to strengthen a pretty weak roster.

Going to be an exciting off season with Stafford being traded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade. This could be one of the biggest deals ever, I don't think the NFL has ever had a QB who's one of the top 4 or 5 in the league traded at his age.

And the way his contract is, any teams looking to trade for him would get him pretty cheap salary wise.

I can see 3/4 of the league being interested. The Chiefs, Packers, Bills, Ravens, Seahawks, Chargers, Cardinals and Bengals and Jaguars probably will be happy with what they have, but every other team will be scrambling around to see what they can offer.

Jets could be in prime position, they could give up their two first round picks this year and a first round pick next year, as well as some later round picks. Texans get their pick of QB (except Lawrence) in the draft this year and 2 more first round picks, Jets still have a first next year and can then trade Darnold away for a second round pick this year.

Jets could even offer another first rounder next year if they wanted.

On the other hand they may see more benefit in rolling with Darnold for another year and using their draft picks to strengthen a pretty weak roster.

Going to be an exciting off season with Stafford being traded as well.
    There is nothing probable about the Chiefs being happy with what they have for a QB. There's not a single other QB they would trade him for.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    There is nothing probable about the Chiefs being happy with what they have for a QB. There's not a single other QB they would trade him for.
    Yeah for sure, probably was meant for some of the other teams!

Lions trade Stafford to the Rams for a 3rd (this year) and the next two years firsts...

And Jared Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Lions trade Stafford to the Rams for a 3rd (this year) and the next two years firsts...

And Jared Goff.

never thought the lions would get that kind of deal

feels a bit like the Rams are paying to get out from under Goff’s contract

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    never thought the lions would get that kind of deal

feels a bit like the Rams are paying to get out from under Goff’s contract
    I think it’s one of those deals that works out for both teams. Goff looked a shadow of himself in 2020, the weak point on a team that otherwise should have gone further in the playoffs. Stafford is clearly a better player, he’s 6 years older than Goff but Brady and Rodgers both showing 32 isn’t that old for a successful QB! The Rams give up a 1st 1st and a 3rd so they’re going for a win now strategy, the Lions are building for the future and have very little talent in the building so they need to build through the draft.

So now where does Deshaun go?!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    EA have announced the return of NCAA football

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Best thing to come out of 2021 so far

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Best thing to come out of 2021 so far

Pleasing

College players aren't allowed to have their names licenced are they? isn't that why it stopped in the first place?

How are they going to get around that? Fake names for the players?

The Governor has just lifted the 10pm indoor curfew for boozers just in time for the Super Bowl! Happy days!!

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    College players aren't allowed to have their names licenced are they? isn't that why it stopped in the first place?

Not sure what the latest development is but California said they can be paid

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is going to bring out some rules allowing players to profit from image rights in some form. It'll likely be strictly limited and you can be assured that if the players make a little bit of money the NCAA and colleges will make a huge amount more.

I'm sure EA sports will be paying the NCAA a fortune for the rights to license the game, out of which the NCAA will hand down some token payments to the players to allow their names and likenesses to be used in the game.

Just a few days to go. I think it’s imperative that this year the boat gets pushed out a wee bit, quality food and drink gets purchased and we have a decent Super Bowl thread this year with haymaker updates from his bar.

Pizza?
    Burgers?
    Mexican?
    Wings?
    Chips dips and random fats n carbs?

Its pepperoni pizza all round for us, the boys choice, corona and Sierra Nevada IPA for me, coke for the boy.

Just a few days to go. I think it’s imperative that this year the boat gets pushed out a wee bit, quality food and drink gets purchased and we have a decent Super Bowl thread this year with haymaker updates from his bar.

Pizza?
    Burgers?
    Mexican?
    Wings?

Its pepperoni pizza all round for us, the boys choice, corona and Sierra Nevada IPA for me, coke for the boy.
    In previous years, the first quarter is wings and fried Mozzarella. Usually BBQ wings, Buffalo wings and my buddy goes for the nuclear strength wings - which involves the little old Mexican head chef coming out the kitchen to see who the idiot is who ordered them.

Bar pies for half time, usually sausage/bacon and either Pepperoni or Ham. I usually win something in the half time raffle.

Then deep into the third quarter it is usually a struggle to order another beer - luckily the bar tenders are on tips so they keep those pitchers topped up automatically.

Then who knows how I get home.

Let's see if Covid brings any changes!!

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is going to bring out some rules allowing players to profit from image rights in some form. It'll likely be strictly limited and you can be assured that if the players make a little bit of money the NCAA and colleges will make a huge amount more.

I'm sure EA sports will be paying the NCAA a fortune for the rights to license the game, out of which the NCAA will hand down some token payments to the players to allow their names and likenesses to be used in the game.
    They'll probably make some fund for them to have after they finish college. Which, for a lot of them will be pretty decent.

Pizza?
    Burgers?
    Mexican?
    Wings?

Because of home schooling and the fact that I won't be able to go anywhere this year to watch the game I'm letting my kids stay up for the first time. I don't know how long they'll last but they've requested:

Pepperoni Pizza, Slow cooked pulled pork nachos, Beef burritos and Hot Dogs, with plenty of crisps, skittles and starburst on the side. Washing it all down with Irn Bru.

I'm a proud dad

I may through some southern fried chicken in there as well, just to finish it all off.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff

Pizza?
    Burgers?
    Mexican?
    Wings?

Ah good conversation choice.

I am still finalising a day off on Monday so it will depend on that.

If off Monday.

Brewdog's new Planet friendly lager & few 1ltr tins of FAXE Danish pilsner. Food will be homemade BBQ chilli cheese fries and Pringles Memphis BBQ on the side.

If not off Monday.

Decaff coffee and Pringles...

Because of home schooling and the fact that I won't be able to go anywhere this year to watch the game I'm letting my kids stay up for the first time. I don't know how long they'll last but they've requested:

Pepperoni Pizza, Slow cooked pulled pork nachos, Beef burritos and Hot Dogs, with plenty of crisps, skittles and starburst on the side. Washing it all down with Irn Bru.

I'm a proud dad

I may through some southern fried chicken in there as well, just to finish it all off.
    Im liking the hotdogs idea to supplement the pizza. Maybe roll them out in the 3rd quarter. We’ve just run out of Frenchs mustard so will need to remedy that

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Good questions.

Last year I made this buffalo chicken beer cheese dip which was very well received; along with a big batch of mac and cheese. Might sacrifice the mac and cheese for mozzarella sticks and hot dogs this year.

Coffee pre-game but the 9:30am start really is ideal with the day off work. Maybe, just maybe, I might sink some BrewDog beers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Good questions.

Last year I made this buffalo chicken beer cheese dip which was very well received; along with a big batch of mac and cheese. Might sacrifice the mac and cheese for mozzarella sticks and hot dogs this year.

Coffee pre-game but the 9:30am start really is ideal with the day off work. Maybe, just maybe, I might sink some BrewDog beers too.
    Isnt buffalo chicken beer cheese dip just naming five unconnected food groups one after another?

Ive now updated the menu, im making some homemade chorizo chilli and doing chilli dogs for the 3rd quarter.

Isnt buffalo chicken beer cheese dip just naming five unconnected food groups one after another?

Ive now updated the menu, im making some homemade chorizo chilli and doing chilli dogs for the 3rd quarter.
    Chilli Dogs!! Great idea, I might make a big pot of slow cooked chilli and use that for the nachos instead of pulled pork. We can then have chilli dogs as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I've been pretty disinterested all season if I'm being honest - hardly watched any games and never really got going with news/signings etc.

Might make an effort for this weekend right enough as it should be a good game and I could be doing with a bit of a mental health boost!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.