hibs.net Messageboard

Page 348 of 406 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,440 of 12180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only seen us via Red Zone tonight, but we were pitiful. Both our defense and offensive line were shambolic.

Missing our starting RG and LT, not to mention Gronk, but that tonight was not the performance of a championship team.
    Our D has been suspect all season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Seattle surprising the Rams early doors 14-10, but we're not coping with Aaron Donald at all. Another sack.

The Packers are really poor. A decent team would be tucking them away here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Packers are really poor. A decent team would be tucking them away here.
    Weren't playing a decent team though...

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Weren't playing a decent team though...
    That's an understatement. We must be a dream for a defence:

1st down - run
    2nd down - screen pass
    3rd down - screen pass
    4th down - punt

And repeat.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Aaron Jones, Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams aside its a very average team.The Defence is slowly getting better though and a some new blood coming in during the close season should help.

Much better again from the Hawks last night but a loss is a loss. It's looking wide open this year, my preseason tips are looking good, a resurgent six in a row Houston Texans and the Rams, with a slightly ropier defense than I was expecting, still look good for the Superbowl. But so do about five other teams.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Much better again from the Hawks last night but a loss is a loss. It's looking wide open this year, my preseason tips are looking good, a resurgent six in a row Houston Texans and the Rams, with a slightly ropier defense than I was expecting, still look good for the Superbowl. But so do about five other teams.
    I was at the game last night and it's by far the best game I've been at in person. Crazy that we had about 50 passing yards heading into the 4th quarter. The tension on that final drive was unreal... was getting grief from the Rams fans around me all game but they soon shut up on that final drive! So near yet so far. That surprise onside kick though...

Anyway, I'll be happy to be in Seattle for the Packers game on Thursday. Los Angeles is way too hot to fully enjoy a football game!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I was at the game last night and it's by far the best game I've been at in person. Crazy that we had about 50 passing yards heading into the 4th quarter. The tension on that final drive was unreal... was getting grief from the Rams fans around me all game but they soon shut up on that final drive! So near yet so far. That surprise onside kick though...

Anyway, I'll be happy to be in Seattle for the Packers game on Thursday. Los Angeles is way too hot to fully enjoy a football game!
    That's fantastic mate, enjoy
    Packers Seahawks has been such a thrilling matchup over the last few years, some epic playoff games in there, and Thursday could probably decide which of the two is still clinging on for life for a playoff place! Massive game, absolutely have to win.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 13-11-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Just about pulled it off it off last night.

I’m really impressed with how we’re playing just now - when we got the ball back with 4:30ish left I was confident we would be able to run it out - and it’s a couple of years since we’ve been able to say that.

Apart from the first play of the game, and a couple of pieces of Rodgers magic; we were well worth the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Just about pulled it off it off last night.

I’m really impressed with how we’re playing just now - when we got the ball back with 4:30ish left I was confident we would be able to run it out - and it’s a couple of years since we’ve been able to say that.

Apart from the first play of the game, and a couple of pieces of Rodgers magic; we were well worth the win.
    I like how we have an identity now. We run the ball more than any team in the league. We have 3 RBs who can rotate and be equally effective. We have an aggressive, blitzing, risk taking defense. It's all very old school, and it's good to watch. We could finish outside the playoff positions and I'd still feel more optimistic than I thought I would at the start of the season.

FFS, Buckeyes blowing it big time here.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    FFS, Buckeyes blowing it big time here.
    This buckeye team is not playoff worthy. Haskins is a phenomenal QB but the defence lacks consistency, like the Sooners.

It's another bama v clemson final IMO

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    This buckeye team is not playoff worthy. Haskins is a phenomenal QB but the defence lacks consistency, like the Sooners.

It's another bama v clemson final IMO

I'll give you Alabama and Clemson but behave, we're good enough for the playoffs FFS . Still in the game and roll on next week for the big one .

Gamer IDs

I'll give you Alabama and Clemson but behave, we're good enough for the playoffs FFS . Still in the game and roll on next week for the big one .
    Scraping past Maryland....

Wolverines to win the big 10. Final 4, bama, clemson, fighting irish and the wolverines.

Although I would love to see UCF in the final 4

Go Irish!

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Scraping past Maryland....

Wolverines to win the big 10. Final 4, bama, clemson, fighting irish and the wolverines.

Although I would love to see UCF in the final 4

Wolverines you cant be serious. Lets see what next week brings.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Wolverines you cant be serious. Lets see what next week brings.
    I'm curious as to why that's ridiculous? Your defense is the worst I've seen in years, and we've only lost once by 7 points to undefeated Notre Dame.

You've been ripped apart by Purdue, and ran close by unranked Maryland, Nebraska and Penn State, all three of whom we've destroyed.

Home-field advantage will be a big factor next week, but this is our best shot in a long while.

Gamer IDs

I'm curious as to why that's ridiculous? Your defense is the worst I've seen in years, and we've only lost once by 7 points to undefeated Notre Dame.

You've been ripped apart by Purdue, and ran close by unranked Maryland, Nebraska and Penn State, all three of whom we've destroyed.

Home-field advantage will be a big factor next week, but this is our best shot in a long while.
    Genuinely believe that the Urban Meyer controversy has affected the buckeyes.

Maryland is a good programme BUT to be run that close isn't the resume of a CFP team. Granted the wolverines were poor week one v notre dame BUT since that they have been unplayable. Ohio State isn't remotely in the conversation. If anyone is it should be... UCF or Washington State.

Exactly . I'm curious as to why you'd think anything else from me though .

Without being funny (I know ) we've sucked all season and yet we beat you next week and its nearly in the bag. Our problem isnt that we are grap, we just keep making total duck ups. Our game tonight is a prime example.

Carolina score a TD trailing 20-13,with a minute left. Just need a kicked XP to tie, what do they do? Run a 2 point pass play, cam overthrows it, and they lose. Just criminal play calling. Good news for Seattle, who play the Panthers next week with both teams fighting for a wild card already.

Well that game was utterly ****ing ridiculous.

I say teams that ship fifty plus points should get an extra loss in the column. It's just ridiculous. Where's the D? #selfrespect

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I say teams that ship fifty plus points should get an extra loss in the column. It's just ridiculous. Where's the D? #selfrespect
    Watching the highlights, it seems the defences on both teams made some pretty big plays, but in between making those big plays they couldn't stop anything!

The defences scored 4 TD's between them and Rams D had 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumble recoveries and still shipped 51 points! The Chiefs managed to sack Goff 5 times (he was averaging less than 2 sacks per game before that) and had 2 forced fumble recoveries and still shipped 54 points. Absolutely mental game!

Crazy to think amongst all the madness that Gurley only rushed for 55 yards and had 0 TD's and there was only 1 rushing TD in the game.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 20-11-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Watching the highlights, it seems the defences on both teams made some pretty big plays, but in between making those big plays they couldn't stop anything!

The defences scored 4 TD's between them and Rams D had 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumble recoveries and still shipped 51 points! The Chiefs managed to sack Goff 5 times (he was averaging less than 2 sacks per game before that) and had 2 forced fumble recoveries and still shipped 54 points. Absolutely mental game!

Crazy to think amongst all the madness that Gurley only rushed for 55 yards and had 0 TD's and there was only 1 rushing TD in the game.
    I take your point, I didn't actually watch the game so I'm probably just venting pish I just like a 27-24 better than a 47-44 in general. Football should be a chess game not a basketball game.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Well that game was utterly ****ing ridiculous.
    The best game I’ve ever seen. I still think the saints will win the Super Bowl, but either of those two must have a great chance.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I missed it all last night, did they announce any London games for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I missed it all last night, did they announce any London games for next season?
    Not as far as I'm aware. Was there supposed to be an announcement?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Not as far as I'm aware. Was there supposed to be an announcement?
    No but they usually drop some details around this time of year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How are you planning on watching the game? Can't believe its not on TV here.