hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Car Servicing

Car Servicing

Afternoon folks

Im looking to get my car serviced and had a few quotes in and around £130-£160 for a full service and I feel this is a bit pricey and I was wondering if is it worth getting your car serviced?

what are everyones experinces?Feel your car preformed better?was worth getting a service?

If anyone can recommened a good place to get a car service in the west of edinburgh i'd be grateful

Any views welcomed,Thanx in advance
    Bob

2. Log in to remove the advert

Might depend a bit on your make/model bud, but those figures don't seem too bad TBH.

I had a full 12 month (pre-MOT) service done in June (on a Mazda 6), and thankfully there were no problems to fix, the labour was £99 and it was about £30 for an oil change.

Unless you know a bit about the workings of motors, I'd say an annual service is a must - sometime in the next 2 months might be a good time: pre-winter, or before your MOT is due to help it through.

An alternative to your quotes might be to look for a place offering one of those 'Fixed Price Services' that seem to pop up now and again. I've never used one and they may be a bit of a front for (cue the mechanic sucking thru' his teeth) "Ah, but your gonna need X, Y and Z done to it mate" and that turns out to be £££'s!

Ok thank you for the detailed response H18SScottW.I ve got a 1.2 vauxhall corsa(I know i know not a mans car but hey lol)

Half the reason i wanna get a service is i baught the car a few months back and wanted to make sure its in ok nick inside the bonet so to speak.

The MOT is in nov.

I dont know much bout the workings of the car, i do a few basic checks, tyre pressure,water levels, and oil level once a week.

Just dont want pay out all the money if its just bascis stuff.

anyhow thank you again

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    I just got my wee car serviced a couple of weeks ago. Full service, just a few pounds off £150.

Definitely worth getting done, car is running a lot smoother and I've noticed that I'm getting at least an extra 20 miles off a full tank of petrol.

I also feel safer knowing that the car was serviced as I do a lot of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just got my wee car serviced a couple of weeks ago. Full service, just a few pounds off £150.

Definitely worth getting done, car is running a lot smoother and I've noticed that I'm getting at least an extra 20 miles off a full tank of petrol.

I also feel safer knowing that the car was serviced as I do a lot of miles.

thanx for your resposne sir, I just want my car checked over really and a service seems a good idea to get it "cleaned up" inside the bonnet sorta thing.