hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1

Bougherra's intervention

Just luck and bounce of the ball timing. Certainly not Graafs fault
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    In all honesty though all De Graaf needed to do was to stick his foot through the ball and it would have been a goal, I knew as soon as we missed that chance it would come back and bite us hard. Yes though Bougherra got lucky there, I'm thinking if it had been Ant or Deek in that position it'd have been very different. Crikey even Nish would have burried it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all honesty though all De Graaf needed to do was to stick his foot through the ball and it would have been a goal, I knew as soon as we missed that chance it would come back and bite us hard. Yes though Bougherra got lucky there, I'm thinking if it had been Ant or Deek in that position it'd have been very different. Crikey even Nish would have burried it.
    You were winning up until that point. De Graaf could have and should have bundled the ball over the line with his body and didn't really need to wait for the ball to land at his feet.

First Team Breakthrough AJWisme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Just luck and bounce of the ball timing. Certainly not Graafs fault
    I don't understand why he appears to be getting so much blame. I thought it was a great tackle in fortunate circumstances. Just my eyes though.

Agree. Maybe De Graff could have been quicker but I thought it was more good defending than anything else. Bougherra is a good player and will be offski soon.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont think De Graffs feet are connected in any way to his brain, they just flail about like a Ted McMinn on acid.

Quote Originally Posted by AJWisme View Post
    I don't understand why he appears to be getting so much blame. I thought it was a great tackle in fortunate circumstances. Just my eyes though.
    The chance fell to the wrong guy and it was a fantastic challenge.

It's wasn't De Graffs fault as he isn't a natural finisher. That split second made all the difference and while deeks or stokes would have tucked that away I don't think anyone else in our team would have.

It's just tough turkey and we have to swallow it as it would have made all the difference...but there's no point in dwelling on it.

I think we'll do a lot of damage this season and there are plenty of reasons to be positive.

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    Great tackle but it should definitely have been a goal. De Graff said the same himself in the papers. He thought he had all the time in world - he didn't!

Bad decision making and vision from De Graff IMHO.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think De Graffs feet are connected in any way to his brain, they just flail about like a Ted McMinn on acid.
    Another great post BH

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    De Graaf shat it. end off. the laddie should have flung himself at the ball. head, shoulder knee or toe any kind of contact would have put it in the net.