hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The evil weed

The evil weed

How good was it for us poor long suffering social lepers to be allowed out the back of the East for a fag at half time.

Was told by a steward that it was only for this game coz there was a burger van outside the stand.

C'mon Hibs ... today was a prime example of how simple it is to let folk out for a puff at half time, so please make it a regular thing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How good was it for us poor long suffering social lepers to be allowed out the back of the East for a fag at half time.

Was told by a steward that it was only for this game coz there was a burger van outside the stand.

C'mon Hibs ... today was a prime example of how simple it is to let folk out for a puff at half time, so please make it a regular thing.

Instead the bogs will be filled with smoke with a waste of stewards policing it

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

was going to post this too, i said to a steward on the way out - Jeez common sense has prevailed! he said no it husnae it is just for today. it worked a treat and did not seem to hard to police and as someone else has said, people can see where the are pissin cos us bad people don't need to go into the bogs for a fly one!

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    cant you just stop smoking ?

Suggested that earlier on today. Not only would it stop folk from smoking in the toilets and wasting stewards time checking on them it would also make more space in the concourse for fans buying food or using the toilets.

It makes sense. After all it is outside and would not be a fire risk as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    folk that smoke in bogs in football stadiums shouldn't be allowed out the mental home they come from..
    Well they don't get Sky or ESPN where I am and I'm always back on time. So there.

2hrs without a fag, what a hardship!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Indeed. Those poor souls.

Imagine all that clean oxygen they have to endure for a couple of hours.... its horrifying.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    as an recent ex smoker...give them a break ffs....its a seriously addictive drug.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    as an recent ex smoker...give them a break ffs....its a seriously addictive drug.

How do smokers manage to go on holiday abroad? You can't just nip out the back door of an aeroplane...

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    drink therselves into a stooper?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The gates at the East can be closed so there is no access during the game therefor no reason for this not to happen every game. Makes for a better experience for smokers and non-smokers alike so why would anyone have a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Indeed. Those poor souls.

Imagine all that clean oxygen they have to endure for a couple of hours.... its horrifying.
    Well on that basis how's about not serving food. If folk can't last for 2 hours without having a pie or a pizza then got pity then.

It's a smoke outside we are talking about here and not doing anybody (except ourselves) any harm.

presumably all the folks having a go at us smokers dinnae drive a motor vehicle where what comes out the exhaust is far more noxious than fag smoke !!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The gates at the East can be closed so there is no access during the game therefor no reason for this not to happen every game. Makes for a better experience for smokers and non-smokers alike so why would anyone have a problem?
    As someone who has never smoked, its not something that bothers me, but the space out the back is enclosed, so shouldn't pose any problems and does stop the bogs becoming a place folk will smoke in, something i don't like.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    bring back capital punishment..... smokers must die!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Well on that basis how's about not serving food. If folk can't last for 2 hours without having a pie or a pizza then got pity then.

It's a smoke outside we are talking about here and not doing anybody (except ourselves) any harm.
    what he said

Seems like a good idea to me. We should be doing everything we can to make give our fans a good experience.

I'm not a smoker myself but if people want to smoke in an area where I won't notice then I'm all for it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moody Mulder View Post
    presumably all the folks having a go at us smokers dinnae drive a motor vehicle where what comes out the exhaust is far more noxious than fag smoke !!!
    I dont demand to be able to drive my car at the back of the stadium at half time though and i can usually last 2 hours without the need to drive.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Serving food makes money for hibs, letting people smoke does not, unless they start to sell cigarettes at half time?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As someone who has never smoked, its not something that bothers me, but the space out the back is enclosed, so shouldn't pose any problems and does stop the bogs becoming a place folk will smoke in, something i don't like.
    If there is a commonsense and easily policed solution that keeps everybody happy it should be used.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Maybe I should have put one of these on my 1st post ! 'cos I couldnae give a flying one whether folk smoke or not!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It Could only happen in the east and west where the outside area is able to be closed off. The poor away fans and folks In the Famous Five wouldn't be able to fo it so for that reason it wong happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    How do smokers manage to go on holiday abroad? You can't just nip out the back door of an aeroplane...
    Eh .. you just have to suffer. Answered your own question too I see.

What I find strange is the non smokers who post on threads like these and seem to take pleasure out of the fact that smokers cant have a fag at the game, even though what the club needs to do to make this happen would cause them no problems or inconvenience at all.

I know many people are anti smoking which is fine. I have many friends who dont allow smoking in their houses, which is fine. Oot the back for a fag it is. They dont tell me I cant go into the garden for a fag coz they know it would spoil my visit to their house.

Thats all I ask from Hibs.

The Hibs family is it ?

How do people "survive" on a longhaul flight without a fag ?
    I'm an ex 30/40 a day man by the way .

Left by mutual consent!

Exactly

Eh .. you just have to suffer. Answered your own question too I see.

What I find strange is the non smokers who post on threads like these and seem to take pleasure out of the fact that smokers cant have a fag at the game, even though what the club needs to do to make this happen would cause them no problems or inconvenience at all.

I know many people are anti smoking which is fine. I have many friends who dont allow smoking in their houses, which is fine. Oot the back for a fag it is. They dont tell me I cant go into the garden for a fag coz they know it would spoil my visit to their house.

Thats all I ask from Hibs.

The Hibs family is it ?
    ANY Real Family - Wouldnt Mind You Nipping out the Back For a PUFF !!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    AND WATCHING HIBS !!!!

IT`S ENUF TO MAKE PEOPLE START SMOKING

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I'm a non-smoker and never have, but I think if the club could do what they did on sunday, all the time then they should. I'm sure the same amount of stewards they use checking the toilets at half time, could police this.
    When me and my dad saw this on sunday, we both said what common sense it was.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    It Could only happen in the east and west where the outside area is able to be closed off. The poor away fans and folks In the Famous Five wouldn't be able to fo it so for that reason it wong happen.
    It wouldn't be a problem if they made the FF a family stand as suggested in other threads. As for the away fans **** em.
    Anyway have I just been an ignorant pig for the last few years as always been able to have a smoke in the east, even last season.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    How do people "survive" on a longhaul flight without a fag ?
    I'm an ex 30/40 a day man by the way .
    It's simples really, have a few and go to sleep. The way I get round it is to stay up for as long as possible and just before get on the plane take a couple of sleeping tablets. Not really the best thing to do if going to watch the football.

Thing I've never understood is why is it against the law to smoke at the football? You are in an outdoor space. Is it not like going down the pub and sitting in the beer garden.
    If it's to much of a problem they could have like a smoking section where only 18+ can go and they don't sell food or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

So's smack, but they don't let you shoot up at the back of the stands either.