hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

SFA confirm that they won't be punishing McGregor

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surely they should be rescinding Riordan's yellow card.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"As McGregor's actions did not result in Riordan being unfairly treated by the referee, the SFA are powerless to act."

Errrr, hello - it resulted in a booking for Riordan which was completely unjustified (and a booking for Miller which I still don't know the reason for)

No surprise though, obviously its ok to cheat to try to get players sent off these days.
    Last edited by Westie1875; 22-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I'd suggest Riordan being booked for doing sod all counts as unfair treatment from the referee, no?

Like many others I predicted that nothing would happen. The Glasgow FA bottle it yet again. It's utterly utterly tragic.

Despite the rules, surely he could be done for a form of diving? If forwards can and should be booked for simulation, why can't goalkeepers?
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

I thought that retaliation plus throwing yourself to the ground would have added up to at least a yellow.

seen the replay when i came home from the game... absolute disgrace!

blatant attempt to get riordan sent off, even has a little look at the ref before going down, then proceeds to shout at the ref about riordan and screaming at liam miller "what the ****** you gannae dae?" right in the refs ear!

SFA ******ing disgrace!!!

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    What a cop out. In other words it's OK to cheat then. This is EXACTLY what needs to be stamped out of the game yet the beaks are effectively condoning it.
    No wonder fans are turning away in droves.

Promising Youngster
    No surprise here then. Once again the SFA show themselves to be in awe of the Old Firm.

It is hardly surprising that outside of Scotland people see our league as a joke. Sadly the SFA are a big part of that joke.

I suppose sending mass emails to the SFA complaining about this will result in...well SFA

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Lets be brutally honest here.

If Kyle Laughable made a perfectly legit tackle trying to win the ball at Ibrox and Mark Brown got up effing and blinding to Laughable then went down clutching his face do you honestly hand on heart believe the SFA would take no punishment towards Brown?

Double standards, And like Stamp says, its no wonder fans are turning away in there droves.

Mcgregor should have been made an example of and left hung out to dry.

Poor poor showing from the SFA ONCE again.

McGregor is a classless fud.

We all knew it before the today's game and he just re-enforced it during the game.

The collapse was disgraceful and Scotland's No 1 goalkeeper (for that's what he is now) should be apologising to all the young fans who watched him blatently cheat and who will be out copying him right now all over the country.

As I said - A classless fud.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    SFA: Allowing the Old Firm to do as they please for over a century.

First Team Breakthrough .Louise.'s Avatar
    Not surprised at all by this! Had the tables been turned and it was Brown that done it I'm sure the SFA would of acted!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    What a cop out. In other words it's OK to cheat then. This is EXACTLY what needs to be stamped out of the game yet the beaks are effectively condoning it.
    No wonder fans are turning away in droves.
    The OF have a head start with their greater financial clout AND also have the refs and the SFA in their pockets. Total joke.

Sorry, the teacher in me is racing to the fore here...
    So the SFA spend money on 'school' initiatives, fair play yadda yadda yadda
    then they let a player play for the national team who got drunk, insulted fans, got banned, was begged to come back, cheated today and tried to get another player into trouble...
    Am I missing something here?

No wonder we're a joke of a nation with a poor league and embarrassment for a national side with those balloons running the show. We get all the tough rhetoric about 'discipline' and 'bringing the game into disrepute', then, whenever someone from the OF crosses the line, they cravenly scurry behind some hushed cliche like 's'up tae the ref'.

More than classless fuds like McGregor, those twangy-spined milquetoasts make me ashamed to be Scottish. Unfit for the purpose, the lot of 'em. Had Riordan feined that incident against McGregor, they would be up in arms, cheered on by the press lackeys, with pompous guff about 'trying to get a fellow professional into trouble in this cringeworthy manner' with probably an attached helpful quip from Potter along the lines of 'not the kind of attitude we want to see in the national side.'

Quislings.

Grow a set and ban McGregor and rescind Riordan's booking.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    No wonder we're a joke of a nation with a poor league and embarrassment for a national side with those balloons running the show. We get all the tough rhetoric about 'discipline' and 'bringing the game into disrepute', then, whenever someone from the OF crosses the line, they cravenly scurry behind some hushed cliche like 's'up tae the ref'.

More than classless fuds like McGregor, those twangy-spined milquetoasts make me ashamed to be Scottish. Unfit for the purpose, the lot of 'em. Had Riordan feined that incident against McGregor, they would be up in arms, cheered on by the press lackeys, with pompous guff about 'trying to get a fellow professional into trouble in this cringeworthy manner' with probably an attached helpful quip from Potter along the lines of 'not the kind of attitude we want to see in the national side.'

Quislings.

they will now say that riordan was booked for going in late on the fud and hopefully sweep the whole thing under the carpet. there must be a huge lump under that carpet

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    There is only one answer, that is for all Scottish clubs to grow a pair and tell the old form and the sfa to do one.

New league, new start!!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Part of me wishes Riordan had been sent off when he went down just so that it would have got wider press. At the moment it will all be forgotten about hidden in amongst 20 paragraphs describing Weiss as being the next Brian Laudrup.

Lafferty and McGregor - what a lovely couple of examples to the kids

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    what about mcbride kicking the ball up field "ohh who could of missed the size of that arse" red card?!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Here's evidence that McGregor is a diving, cheating Hun..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTx...feature=search

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Quislings.

and sectarian songs

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    They are only able to hand out punishments if the incident in question resulted in the match officials coming to the wrong decision
    What was Riordan booked for then?

I dont care if nothing is done, but I wouldbe interested to see if they bother to reply, so I urge people to join me in emailing the below addresses asking why McGregors incident is any different to Laffertys last season, and what Derek Riordan was booked for if it wasnt for McGregor conning the ref?!

David.Findlay@scottishfa.co.uk

sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.co.uk

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    What was Riordan booked for then?

I dont care if nothing is done, but I wouldbe interested to see if they bother to reply, so I urge people to join me in emailing the below addresses asking why McGregors incident is any different to Laffertys last season, and what Derek Riordan was booked for if it wasnt for McGregor conning the ref?!

David.Findlay@scottishfa.co.uk

sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.co.uk
    Just sent my very polite email

The old firm getting a away with murder, always have, always will. Completly disgraceful, McGreagor went down clutching his face when he wasnt even touched - blatant cheating! Riordan was booked for nothing, but of course as usual a referee cannot punish an old firm player without punishing the opposition player at the same time!

Not surprised, typical SFA

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Oppertunity missed by the SFA to send a message out that blatant cheating will not be tolerated. Maybe if the culprit had been a non Old Firm player we might have seen some action. Just the usual pathetic Glasgow based bias from the pathetic SFA.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    I hope somebody ****s up McGregor....cheatin barsteward

Shameful shameful stuff SFA, Glasgow shame
    hit a new low - on the park and in the offices

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    "As McGregor's actions did not result in Riordan being unfairly treated by the referee, the SFA are powerless to act."

Errrr, hello - it resulted in a booking for Riordan which was completely unjustified (and a booking for Miller which I still don't know the reason for)

No surprise though, obviously its ok to cheat to try to get players sent off these days.
    It was blatant cheating as McGregor tried to get Riordan sent off....... Despicable

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    SFA Can GTF!