hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whatever happened to "We'll support you ever more"

Fans leaving in their droves with over 20 minutes to go. Yes you pay your money and the choice is yours but it ain't half annoying for the ones that stay until the final whistle.

That's all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    agreed,,

there was a fair few leaving the east stand early

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeePaj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agreed,,

they're maybe furious that given our trophy laden history we disgracefully went 2 behind to the scottish champions and therefore no longer deserved support

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeePaj View Post
    agreed,,

They were obstructing my view!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Fans leaving in their droves with over 20 minutes to go. Yes you pay your money and the choice is yours but it ain't half annoying for the ones that stay until the final whistle.

That's all.
    Sad to say I couldn't make it today but have to agree. The Maribor game was a joke with the amount of fans who left early. I don't understand the I pay my money brigade as they are only robbing themselves. It's like going to the cinema etc... and leaving with about 30 mins to go. Or like paying for a round of golf and only playing 12 of 18 holes.

Must be a pretty disheartening for the players, seeing "fans" leaving so early.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Sad to say I couldn't make it today but have to agree. The Maribor game was a joke with the amount of fans who left early. I don't understand the I pay my money brigade as they are only robbing themselves. It's like going to the cinema etc... and leaving with about 30 mins to go. Or like paying for a round of golf and only playing 12 of 18 holes.
    I see your point however, I would say football, the cinema and golf, etc. are things we do for entertainment. If I shot 150 after 12 holes I may say to myself, stuff this for a game of sodjers - no' fun anymore - I'm offski.
    In the event it would be my choice not the guys playing the hole in front of me or behind me.

Having said that, my choice would have been to stay till the final whistle today.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why bother coming back? Id sooner have a smaller stadium full of supoprters that backed the team for ninety minutes every game than a 20000 seater half empty with 20 minutes to go.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    here we go again! same thread same old story.........................everyone has their reasons for leaving, you may disagree with people leaving but everyone pays their money and it is their choice to leave. i usually would stay the full 90mins+ but my 5 year old son had a different opinion, try keeping a stubborn agitated 5 year old at a football match for the full 90mins..................he did well to last till 75mins

"I'm a better fan than you" ALERT

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why bother coming back? Id sooner have a smaller stadium full of supoprters that backed the team for ninety minutes every game than a 20000 seater half empty with 20 minutes to go.
    That's exactly my view.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    UBER

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    That's exactly my view.
    You'd rather that Hibs had a lower playing budget and likely a worse team than some folk left early?

I don't care if folk leave after 2 minutes as long as Hibs is earning ticket money.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You'd rather that Hibs had a lower playing budget and likely a worse team than some folk left early?

I don't care if folk leave after 2 minutes as long as Hibs is earning ticket money.
    We've never been about spending money anyway so that shouldn't really come into it much.

And maybe the players would play slightly better and have more confidence if all our fans that attended the game got behind the team instead of just picking individual players to have a go at.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    they're maybe furious that given our trophy laden history we disgracefully went 2 behind to the scottish champions and therefore no longer deserved support
    My thoughts exactly. They are with today the expecpion of Beattie and Lafferty , a better team than us yes we should have scored but they have quality at the back proven time and time again. I dont get pissed off at loosing to Celtic and Rangers 3 - 0 as much as i do 5 - 1 St.Johnstone

Some people stay till the end with commendable stoicism. Other leave early, because they either can't be bothered watching a game where the outcome is inevitable, or because they find the pain of watching their team being beaten is too much to bear.

I stayed till the bitter end, but several of my group left after the second goal. It's always been that way, and it's utterly pointless going on about it. People will leave when they like and will not be shamed by others into staying.

I stayed until the end, i always do. (The Aberdonian in me demands that I get my moneys worth.)
    I don't blame anybody for leaving early though. Hearing and witnessing the arrogant detestable hun hordes celebrating in our ground is pretty unbearable. Live and let live I say, following Hibs is hard enough without judgement being made on your level of worthiness as a fan.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

That's all.

Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    We've never been about spending money anyway so that shouldn't really come into it much.

And maybe the players would play slightly better and have more confidence if all our fans that attended the game got behind the team instead of just picking individual players to have a go at.
    I don't get your first point. The number of people who pay to attend the game directly feeds into the playing budget. If we've got any ambition of winning football matches or even trophies, Hibs need as many paying punters as possible.

I thought the thread was about fans leaving early. Fans having a go at players is another matter entirely and one that, I suspect, we probably agree on.

First Team Breakthrough
    2 nil doon, huns playing keep ball, the unwashed hoardes cheering every pass, the 5th rendition of god save betty.......time to go for me im afraid

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    What part of the new East is designated the singing section?

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Listen ye upstart, if folk want to leave early it's their choice, no yours or anybody elses, right?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I guess some people don't get that some people really, really find it hurts to see Hibs losing, especially to that manky bunch of pondlife.

They don't leave because they don't care, they leave because they care maybe too much. I rarely leave early, but I can understand why some do. It's really nothing to get excited about - they've paid their inflated admission fee, so they can do what they like.

Once you go a goal down to the Infirm you rarely come back, understandable that folk did'nt want to stay.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    problem is there was so many that that the actual view was blocked....

have some consideration for others

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Get a grip

The supporters stay till the end - the fans and spectators leave before the whistle and lose the opportunity to applaud the team

Some of the folk I saw leaving early looked like they had soiled their underpants. Most, thankfully had more bottle. It takes balls to stand and sing when 2 or 3 nil down to the Scottish Champions but thankfully some stood up and were counted

I don't look down on anyone

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    here we go again! same thread same old story.........................everyone has their reasons for leaving, you may disagree with people leaving but everyone pays their money and it is their choice to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    "I'm a better fan than you" ALERT
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    UBER

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Listen ye upstart, if folk want to leave early it's their choice, no yours or anybody elses, right?
    exactly, why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here some people on here will be wanting designated '90 minute only' sections next

First Team Breakthrough SvenNeil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Nice put down on a 17 year old poster expressing their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

exactly, why not just ask those that are leaving to there faces, instead of on here some people on here will be wanting designated '90 minute only' sections next