hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Brown

Mark Brown

So he finally got his game and that's us now seen him in a Hibs jersey. What's your thoughts? Is he our new number 1. I reckon he showed some good stuff but did make the odd mistake and could be held responsable for a couple of their goals, but hey he is a Hibs goalie after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he played well. He is due a run in the team.

Does seem to confirm that Smith is now well down the GK pecking order.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    he never had to bad a game IMO thought he could have done better with the first (put the ball past the post) apart from that a decent game

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought he looked pretty solid, looked assured with good handling a couple of really good saves, particularly from Naismith at near post. Don't think he could have done much about goals, first took a wicked deflection and did well to get to it.

Looks pretty solid. Maybe should have done better by parrying the ball further away for the first goal. Didnt have a bad game imo.

Did everything right and make a couple of outstanding saves. He should have the jersey until he deserves to be dropped.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does seem to confirm that Smith is now well down the GK pecking order.
    I thought Brown done well and is due his chance, Sure Smith was on the bench tho, so he is 2nd choice? unless Stack was injured?

Thought he played pretty well but had a couple of shaky moments, the punched clearance in the first half and the first goal but with a few games look like he will be a welcome addition.

Why was Stack not playing today? Injured or dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    I thought Brown done well and is due his chance, Sure Smith was on the bench tho, so he is 2nd choice? unless Stack was injured?
    As Stack is injury-prone and didn't feature at all, I would guess that he's back on the physio's table.

Which on today's line-up would appear to make Smith our third choice keeper.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    We really should stop highlighting EVERY minor slip that our keepers may have in a game.

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives and I thought Mark Brown had an excellent game today and in no way was responsible for any of the goals.

Decent performance - well done Mark, and welcome to ER.

We lost because we didn't have quite enough sharpness up front and Rangers were able to bring on more pace when play was stretched with 10 men.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    We really should stop highlighting EVERY minor slip that our keepers may have in a game.

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives and I thought Mark Brown had an excellent game today and in no way was responsible for any of the goals.
    agree, I think we have had things so bad with goalies in recent years its become part of the post match routine to criticise the goalies performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    So he finally got his game and that's us now seen him in a Hibs jersey. What's your thoughts? Is he our new number 1. I reckon he showed some good stuff but did make the odd mistake and could be held responsable for a couple of their goals, but hey he is a Hibs goalie after all.
    rubbish how was he reponsable for a couple of goals, one punch he did caused problems but bamba headed away, apart from that he had a good game, these so called goalkeeping experts on this board want to click their brain into gear before posting .

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver Hibs View Post

Why was Stack not playing today? Injured or dropped?
    Done his back in again.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Done his back in again.
    worrying

Some of his saves in the second half were magnificent.

Much better than the other two IMO.

He came off his line which makes me a lot happier

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    He came off his line which makes me a lot happier

Promising Youngster
    I thought he had a decent game. He came for crosses which Stack doesn't and he was decisive kicking a long diagonal into touch in the first half rather that hesitating like Smith does. He is well worth being given a run as first choice.

I think he was pretty good - could have palmed that ball away more for goal 1 but I felt confident in him. I also hope we get a period with him which lets his defence and him get 'properly introduced'.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibi View Post
    Thought he looked pretty solid, looked assured with good handling a couple of really good saves, particularly from Naismith at near post. Don't think he could have done much about goals, first took a wicked deflection and did well to get to it.
    i thought he played well but really could and should have turned the first round the post given that he got such a solid hand on it. him coming and catching a few crosses makes all the difference.

Blog Entries
    rather than disect every part of his play...best thing I can say is he did what he had to well enough (although not a busy game) seems to understand the passing from the back...and i did not find myself suffering squeaky bum every time it came into our box..in fact CH's & Keeper best joint display in a long while

Thought Brown was decent today, seemed to command his box and let the defenders around him know where he was,
    Defo should have the jersey until futher notice.
    Possibly the reason IMO that Hogg played better today, knew that the goalie was confident behind him, takes some of the pressure off the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Total pish (IMO)

Perhaps he could have turned the deflection out for a corner, but he looked confident and played well.

Permanent fixture for me.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Thought he had a very good game.

Didn't think Brown did anything wrong today. Was unlucky with the 1st goal after they got very lucky with a deflection.

His handling was good. Came off his line for the ball, kicking was solid. We should definitly stick with him in goal untilt here is a very good reason not to. Cant keep switching the goalies every game - it does their confidence no good and doesnt help build a relationship with the defence.

For my money he is as good if not better (doesnt look as casual) as Stack and if Stack is going to be very injury prone then its not worth putting him in only for him to be unavailable the next game.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    Thank goodness the goalie issue seems to be resolving itself.Stack injured again,Smith unfortunately played himself into the wilderness but Brown certainly seems the best of the three.Very unlucky at the first goal when he pushed the shot that was going past the post back into play,and Miller's rocket left footed shot was unstoppable as it bulleted in through the huge gap that the angle provided.The most promising aspect of his game for me was when he took command of his box to punch the ball to safety on one occasion.I do prefer a goalie that comes for balls
    I think your right with this, i think Yogi has seen he is not up to standard now also.

And i would like to ask everyone if you think we should try and punt him before the window closes now??? I really cant see the argument for having three "1st team" keepers on the books, surely its better to free up or even save that money???

@hibs.net private member
    Liked him. My preferred of the 3.
    Wasn't afraid to come off the line, held the ball well.

The goals? Not much he could have done, felt that came down to outfield players ball watching rather than player marking (I thought that was a must in the box).

One incident in the first half where he caught the ball and the Rangers player barged in to him, but he kept hold of the ball, put a lot of confidence in me about him.

I would like to see him between the sticks next week.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I think your right with this, i think Yogi has seen he is not up to standard now also.

And i would like to ask everyone if you think we should try and punt him before the window closes now??? I really cant see the argument for having three "1st team" keepers on the books, surely its better to free up or even save that money???
    Strong argument for doing so but with Stack so injury prone I suspect that Yogi will want to keep three keepers in the squad as cover.