hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

East Stand - How was it?

Not at the game today but was the new stand like?

How was the view from it?

Looks an amazing ground from the TV can't wait to get to a game after my holiday

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    My view from row w.
    Loved it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My view from row w.
    Loved it.
    That's not a view from the East. Where's the pillars?

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    My view from row w.
    Loved it.
    Is that near the back of the stand? Looks a class view.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxHibs View Post
    Is that near the back of the stand? Looks a class view.
    About 9 from the back.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent view but a fair hike up to the back of the stand. The atmosphere was terrific

First Team Breakthrough
    heard the attendance was over 17,000, no bad

Coaching Staff
    Great view. Looking out as opposed to at it makes the stadium feel quite enclosed. I'm near the back so it is a real hike but great atmosphere. It'll be the death of the famous five though!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I'm in row W too and it's a great view, still feels strange sitting down to watch the game though

Bit of a steep climb to the back of the stand, but I loved it. Great view, very noisy, particularly in the first half when we were playing well, and the pitch looked magnificent.

I also think there is a lot more leg room than in the west or FF. Is this just my imagination?

It feels like going along to a proper football stadium to watch a game, rather than some shabby old ground from a bygone era. I don't think i'll be able to so much as look at that stand at Tynecastle now without feeling my immune system being significantly lowered. Hibernian have done a great job, when you consider the pre-Farmer and Petrie mess we were in.

It was fab, though bit of a wait to get out at the end from the back row!

Somehow it didn't feel like Easter Road to start with...no pillars, no TV gantry in the way, the steepness of it! After a while though, I got used to it, and left feeling well chuffed that Easter Road is now finally a top class stadium.

Can't wait for the next home game.....

(oh , and I took some pictures, I'll bung them in the rebuild thread)

Coaching Staff
    Sir Tom and Rod were in for a wee seat up the back before the game. Not brave enough to stay there though!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mglancy23 Wii Code: 5354 5735 9094 1582
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Bit of a steep climb to the back of the stand, but I loved it. Great view, very noisy, particularly in the first half when we were playing well, and the pitch looked magnificent.

I also think there is a lot more leg room than in the west or FF. Is this just my imagination?

It feels like going along to a proper football stadium to watch a game, rather than some shabby old ground from a bygone era. I don't think i'll be able to so much as look at that stand at Tynecastle now without feeling my immune system being significantly lowered. Hibernian have done a great job, when you consider the pre-Farmer and Petrie mess we were in.
    i thought there was more too! though i might of imagined it!

stadium was looking great! its amazing to think how different the stadium has came along in only 15 years!

if we can continue to play like we did in the first 60 minutes and with the improved stadium! its safe to say will will have higher attendances.

think we should have another campaign to get wayward hibees back to the stadium! am going to try and round up a few for the ict game!

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    I was in the row second from the back near the half way line. Cracking view. Would like to see how it looked from the other stands.

Coming from the FF, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing especially in the first half. Shame Stokes or de Graaf never took their chances because the place would have been absolutely bouncing if we had scored.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Felt like home!

Loved it. Great view, grand atmosphere (while we were in with a chance), masses of legroom and plenty of width in the seats.

It'll be even better once the other food outlets are open and it doesn't take 20 minutes to get a Bovril.

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    I was in the row second from the back near the half way line. Cracking view. Would like to see how it looked from the other stands.

Coming from the FF, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing especially in the first half. Shame Stokes or de Graaf never took their chances because the place would have been absolutely bouncing if we had scored.
    Have to say there was practically no atmosphere on the box. Could only hear the Buns.

The star of the show was the new East, without a doubt. It's amazing how classy the other three stands look, and how different the stadium is when you have four matching items. It changes the whole ambiance of the place.

I'd kick all the loser clubs with tatty old stands and diddy stadiums with a capacity under 20,000 out of the SPL.

Size matters.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I agree!

Love my new seat. Can't wait till I'm back for more games.

It was cracking looking at it from the West, The atmosphere was fantastic until that fud scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by sKipper View Post
    Have to say there was practically no atmosphere on the box. Could only hear the Buns.
    You having a De Graaf?

Quote Originally Posted by sKipper View Post

Stadium was very noisy today, probably coz the noise from the east is echoing around the big roof space. Brilliant atmosphere.
    The first time in a few years I could hear the noise before the game started too. Came round the corner at the Loch Inn and the noise was fantastic. Goosebumps job!

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    Stadium was very noisy today, probably coz the noise from the east is echoing around the big roof space. Brilliant atmosphere.
    The first time in a few years I could hear the noise before the game started too. Came round the corner at the Loch Inn and the noise was fantastic. Goosebumps job!
    Bursting with pride when I walked up to that stand today, and the anticipation when I took my seat and heard all the noise and to see all the colour around the ground was fab too...

The facade of the stand lacks one thing IMO, though, and that's a big club crest smack in the middle of it...

First Team Breakthrough
    The facade of the stand lacks one thing IMO, though, and that's a big club crest smack in the middle of it...

Have to agree stadium looks brilliant but could definitely do with some detail letting evryone know it is ours. Be that club crests Hibernian Football Club across the top of the stands etc.

All credit to the club though, it's a fantastic stadium and built where we wanted it, who can forget about the possibility of straiton!? Anyway atmosphere was great, if we could get a team on the park such as the one under mowbray or mcleish then it would really get the fans back and make it something special

Had a great time in my new seat singing was ace, surfer flag at half time, result was pants, but for The Tache and STF for getting the East built, can't wait till the next home game up in clouds

Blog Entries
    Looked great to see it 3/4 full from my Westie seat, and as I suspected the overall stadium noise was much better as its trapped in now...the old East was only noisy when you were in it but the sound did not carry to rest of ground...can't wait til the Hearts match and with the cladding on it will be bedlam

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    my seat 133 row x area was very noisy the singing sections kept us going i think, Cant believe so many folk left early, i waited months to take my seat i wasnt leaving so soon despite the score