hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

De Graaf & that chance

Gotta say that De Graafs chance was our moment. A horrible fluffed line that's cost us a chance of taking something from the game. He also doesn't really look like the "box-to-box" midfielder JH billed him as.

2. Log in to remove the advert

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    fluffed? The ball was taken off his toe before it got to him. Great defending.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Agreed, it was brilliant defending rather than poor anticipation from de Graaf. Was certainly a turning point though sadly.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I think De Graff couldve reacted quicker to that chance....he seemed to want to make sure good connection was made, when it wasnt required.

still, brill tackle.

He shouldn't have had an opportunity to make the clearance, the ball should have been in the back of the net.

If he had burst the net like he should have then it would be a complete different game, he has cost us big time and I got to be honest and say I've been far from impressed from what I've seen so far.
    We are all quick enough to jump on the likes of Nish and Rankin and I've not seen anything that makes him different.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    If he had burst the net like he should have then it would be a complete different game, he has cost us big time and I got to be honest and say I've been far from impressed from what I've seen so far.
    We are all quick enough to jump on the likes of Nish and Rankin and I've not seen anything that makes him different.
    its his 2nd game in a diffrent country! maybe give him some time to settle in before he's stuck up for ridicule and torture like hogg rankin and nish.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    how can he burst the net if he doesn`t have the ball????

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    It was just unlucky and De Graaf will be a great player for us!

Left by mutual consent!
    Would the same be said if it was Nish?Not saying you personally but I can guarantee there would be at least 3 Nish threads up by now if that was him who missed. In saying that if Nish fluffed Stokes header we would have the same thing.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    its his 2nd game in a diffrent country! maybe give him some time to settle in before he's stuck up for ridicule and torture like hogg rankin and nish.
    but he doesn't even have a decent website...

He should have got of his fat ass and went for it instead of just standing there like a tit.

He was guilty of waiting on the ball coming to him. Pretty much a basic schoolboy error. Still a good tackle though and I think De Graff will come good.

You can't just jump into the God Forsaken Footballing Backwater that is the SPL and take to it straight away. He learned two lessons today you have to be quick off the mark in everything you do and there are two sets of rules in games against The Bigot Sisters.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Deary me, the guy's already got .netters on his back. Great defending, he'll settle at the club and he'll come good. Give the guy a break.

Not saying he wont come good and of course he needs time to settle. But he was all over the gaff last week and could have put us ahead at a crucial point in the game today.

Lets hope he puts it all right at St Mirren next week.

@hibs.net private member
    It was a great tackle. He did ok today. But some on here are just OTT.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    It was the turning point unfortunately. I was concerned that following the miss the heads went right down and we were always going to lose it. It's worrying we were so mentally weak after playing well for the first hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post

Nobodies comparing him to those three. They've been here for ages and proved over a long period how substandard they are. But a sitter is a sitter - he just stood waiting for the ball. I doubt he'd have gotten more time in the box in Holland.

He didn't seem to make much effort to attack the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    It was the turning point unfortunately. I was concerned that following the miss the heads went right down and we were always going to lose it. It's worrying we were so mentally weak after playing well for the first hour.

Although bad managerial decisions re shape, tactics and failure to sort the defence contributed most to our bad run last season, I do think there is a problem with the mentality of a few of the players. The minute we go behind against Rangers now it seems to be game over.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I have to say I'm still not overly impressed with De Graaf, he seems slow and like others have said doesn't make much effort to get the ball, he just expects it at his feet.

However, he has only played a few games for us now and I'm just hoping he gets used to the pace of Scottish football soon!

Anyone think the Edwin De Graaf will be thinking anything other that 'HOW IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T I SCORE?' right now? No, thought not. There's your answer. Of course he should've scored...
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 22-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

If de Graaf had launched himself at the ball, it was a goal. He should have been making sure that the ball, the defender, whatever else in the way went into the net together.

De Graaf always looking for the ball. Always moving after he passes. A good addition to our first 11...as is Hart who I thought had a great game today.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    De Graaf always looking for the ball. Always moving after he passes. A good addition to our first 11...as is Hart who I thought had a great game today.

agreed, thought Hart played well today. hope his injury is not a bad one. looked like his hamstring went. also was there any word on Deeks injury? he looked badly hurt and probably should not have played on.

Just seen it on SSN and I really think De Graaf should have put it away before it was cleared off his toes. If that had been Stokes we would have been 1-0 up and I don't think the huns would have come back from that.

That's my take on it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Just seen it on SSN and I really think De Graaf should have put it away before it was cleared off his toes. If that had been Stokes we would have been 1-0 up and I don't think the huns would have come back from that.

That's my take on it for what it's worth.

Stokes missed a couple of very good chances today as well, it was an excellent tackle - sometimes you just have to give the other team credit for some very good defending.

Promising Youngster
    You have to give the defender credit. That was as good a defensive tackle as I 've seen for a long long time

it was a bad miss and a good recovery from Bougherra. De Graff looks like he needs a few games to get up to speed with the fast pace of the Spl and of what his role in the team is. I believe he will get into double figures if he keeps on getting into the box like he did for the chance.