hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Less Obvious Positives From Today

Score and 2nd Half performance accepted, I was also encouraged by the following:

1. Stack, Miller, McBride, Bamba, Hart, Stokes and Riordan all VERY vocal and getting wound up to win today. Bamba talking Stephens through his debut was encouraging also.

2. Hart looks like a solid right back. Good touch and pace, linked in with the attack and I only saw him shown a clean pair of heels once.

3. Yogi calling Hogg to the touchline to scream at him to play like a captain and if he let another high ball over his head and let Sutton get the better of him once more, he was off.

4. Stephens. His first touch was to beat three players and ping a 20 yard pass onto Deek's toes. His second touch was to clear a hospital pass that Hogg had stitched him up with and his third was to make that victory assuring block in the final seconds.

5. Yogi putting Stephens on to close out the match and getting the attacking players to keep the ball in the corners. Not only did it work but I believe that's called a tactical solution/substitution. You might even say, a plan B.

6. Miller busting a gut to support the attack no matter what his starting position was.

7. McBride's level of fight for the cause. Permanantly in the ref's ear.

8. We don't need Rankin in the midfield.

9. Whilst Deek's and Stokes' understanding isn't that good, it's a lot more potent when Colleen Pish isn't on the park.

10. The fact that Nish and Hogg won't play for us forever. They may be the nicest guys on earth and be the sort of people I'd like as my best mates if I knew them personally. As professional footballers however, they are hampering our progress.

PS - Interested to know why Yogi had Thicot ready to come on and then changed his mind and went with Stephens. Anyone?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I think he was going to bring off Miller after his booking and bring Thicot on. Then Motherwell got their second and he changed his mind I think.

Top post btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Score and 2nd Half performance accepted, I was also encouraged by the following:

1. Stack, Miller, McBride, Bamba, Hart, Stokes and Riordan all VERY vocal and getting wound up to win today. Bamba talking Stephens through his debut was encouraging also.

2. Hart looks like a solid right back. Good touch and pace, linked in with the attack and I only saw him shown a clean pair of heels once.

3. Yogi calling Hogg to the touchline to scream at him to play like a captain and if he let another high ball over his head and let Sutton get the better of him once more, he was off.

4. Stephens. His first touch was to beat three players and ping a 20 yard pass onto Deek's toes. His second touch was to clear a hospital pass that Hogg had stitched him up with and his third was to make that victory assuring block in the final seconds.

5. Yogi putting Stephens on to close out the match and getting the attacking players to keep the ball in the corners. Not only did it work but I believe that's called a tactical solution/substitution. You might even say, a plan B.

6. Miller busting a gut to support the attack no matter what his starting position was.

9. Whilst Deek's and Stokes' understanding isn't that good, it's a lot more potent when Colleen Pish isn't on the park.

10. The fact that Nish and Hogg won't play for us forever. They may be the nicest guys on earth and be the sort of people I'd like as my best mates if I knew them personally. As professional footballers however, they are hampering our progress.

PS - Interested to know why Yogi had Thicot ready to come on and then changed his mind and went with Stephens. Anyone?

I like number four the best I think. How long do you think till we see the stephens/bamba partnership?

How was Bamba's commitment today, does he look like he is ready to knuckle down with us for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Regal View Post
    I like number four the best I think. How long do you think till we see the stephens/bamba partnership?

How was Bamba's commitment today, does he look like he is ready to knuckle down with us for the season?
    I would like to see the Stephens/Bamba pairing very soon, Stephens looks a natural in defense, knows what to do and can pick a pass! Bamba was a guy who was looking very happy and commited to the green and white jersey, he could be playing like that to keep himself in the shop window which is fine, he could also be very happy at Hibs and willing to see out his contract/talk about another, i hope its the later. Playing very well just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Regal View Post

Won just about everything in the air, threw his weight around. Commitment wasn't in question to me.

Very good, balanced post (aside from the Nish dig)

I actually quite liked the set up when Stephens came on, it gives us cover if the boy wants to go on a mazy (he's clearly got a lot of football about him) and allows the full backs a bit more freedom. Probably best suited if we're defending a lead late on but I was encouraged to see yogi *changing his tactics* to suit the situation.

Very encouraging start.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    One of the positives i took from the game, was we seem to have our keeper picked. Stack is No1 and Brown is 2nd. Imho thats the right choice. Another positive is we did not panic after going behind, they kept belief in what system they were playing, and it payed off with a very good 2nd half, and a very good result.

Quote Originally Posted by peds07 View Post
    Very good, balanced post (aside from the Nish dig)

I actually quite liked the set up when Stephens came on, it gives us cover if the boy wants to go on a mazy (he's clearly got a lot of football about him) and allows the full backs a bit more freedom. Probably best suited if we're defending a lead late on but I was encouraged to see yogi *changing his tactics* to suit the situation.

Very encouraging start.
    That was the bit I liked the best

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That was the bit I liked the best
    The bit I liked the best was when he was subbed.c

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

Wonderful post, and it shows uplifting things can be when we start on the positives before just mindlessly slagging off the underperformers. It has fairly brightened up my rather gloomy Monday morning. Thank you Speedway.