hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What Best Sums Up Your Feelings About Today?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • decent away win, something to build on

87 81.31%
  • we were poor and rode our luck, long season ahead

3 2.80%
  • both

17 15.89%
  • neither (please discuss)

0 0%

What Best Sums Up Your Feelings About Today?

Well?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    A game of 2 halves.

Mon the Hibees!! :notworthy:

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A game of 2 halves.

Mon the Hibees!! :notworthy:
    My sentiments exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Well?
    Taking my dog (Paddy Stanton) for a walk and bumping into Mrs Yogi and the Twins and me saying "Tell Yogi a said thanks for the win today" ... and the girls roaring " HIBEES :notworthy:HIBEES :notworthy: HIBESS:notworthy:

It's all in the archives now !!
    We won , we got three points - end of !
    Remember "Points win prizes "

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    Taking my dog (Paddy Stanton) for a walk and bumping into Mrs Yogi and the Twins and me saying "Tell Yogi a said thanks for the win today" ... and the girls roaring " HIBEES :notworthy:HIBEES :notworthy: HIBESS:notworthy:

You should've said thanks to Yogi for having the brains to take off Nish , put on a extra defender and shutting the game up.........

Rode our luck for a good part of the first half but IIRC it's all about 90 minutes and not just periods of the match. Came back strongly in the second half and gave the fans something to smile about on the way home. Therefore a decent away win and we must be doing something right when we have something like 10 shots on target and score 3 goals albeit one perhaps dodgy.

Every right to feel confident going into next week's match with the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    You should've said thanks to Yogi for having the brains to take off Nish , put on a extra defender and shutting the game up.........
    We spoke woman to woman

I would say "relieved" is the biggest feeling that I have after yesterday. We were terrible in that first half yesterday and I was delighted to go in at half time at 1-1 because we really should have been about two or three goals down if you're going to be honest about things.

The second half was a lot better and in the last 20 minutes or so we played some nice stuff and we ran the clock down really well too.

There's a lot to work on, if we start that badly next week against Rangers, the game will probably be finished by half time but it was great to get off to a winning start and great to finally put the ghost of the 6-6 game to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Well?
    Mixed feelings Bob on the performance, we looked good going forward and were at times amateurish at the back, that might be enough to secure a high position in the league it might not.

Some great performances from Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba. Some middle of the road performances and some honking performances.

I'd like to see some positions either strengthened with new signings or squad players given a chance but it looks unlikely that either will happen at this moment in time. We're going to suffer if/when we lose Bamba though.

There's clearly still work to be done. We played well in spells and were truly awful for 90% of the 1st half.

At the end of the day though we have gone away to a team who will be there or thereabouts when the top 6 is decided and left with 3 points. Dundee Utd failed to win at St Mirren and Hearts only drew at home with 10 man St Johnstone. Whilst it's still early days we have had a tougher start than both these teams and came away with 3 points. I honestly thought we would struggle to pick up anything from our 1st 2 games so i'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Some great performances from Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Bamba. Some middle of the road performances and some honking performances.

I'd like to see some positions either strengthened with new signings or squad players given a chance but it looks unlikely that either will happen at this moment in time. We're going to suffer if/when we lose Bamba though.
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's clearly still work to be done. We played well in spells and were truly awful for 90% of the 1st half.

At the end of the day though we have gone away to a team who will be there or thereabouts when the top 6 is decided and left with 3 points. Dundee Utd failed to win at St Mirren and Hearts only drew at home with 10 man St Johnstone. Whilst it's still early days we have had a tougher start than both these teams and came away with 3 points. I honestly thought we would struggle to pick up anything from our 1st 2 games so i'm pleasantly surprised.
    It was a great result - even if we only played for a half.

The other resounding thought was we needs Deeks to sign on longer term

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    That game summed up last season. Same players going all the way from awful to brilliant. Riordan was little short of superb second half. Defensively though, we were not exactly convincing and on another day we could have been three down at half time and Bamba could have had a red for persistant foulling. But, more of the second half will do just fine.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    That game summed up last season. Same players going all the way from awful to brilliant. Riordan was little short of superb second half. Defensively though, we were not exactly convincing and on another day we could have been three down at half time and Bamba could have had a red for persistant foulling. But, more of the second half will do just fine.
    You know if enough people keep saying this, some will start to believe it. What chances would you say could have been goals for Motherwell? And did we have any chances in the first half?

So if we could have been 3 down at half time you must be assuming every chance would have gone in. That means the 2 superb saves their keeper made would have been goals for us. That makes a half time score of 5-2 to Motherwell. Sorry but I just didn't see 5 clear chances for them in the entire game, never mind the first half. Maybe the game looked different on TV.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So if we could have been 3 down at half time you must be assuming every chance would have gone in. That means the 2 superb saves their keeper made would have been goals for us. That makes a half time score of 5-2 to Motherwell. Sorry but I just didn't see 5 clear chances for them in the entire game, never mind the first half. Maybe the game looked different on TV.
    You have to remember our chances don't count when someone is trying to get a negative point over. And their chances count double.