hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Nish

Colin Nish

Just wanted to say the abuse on here for Nish is unbelievable. Even when threads start about something completely different it ends up with a rant at Nish.

And to start a thread entitled "Clown" is just incredible.

This type of stuff then spills over into the crowd at Fir Park. There was one guy behind me who no matter what happened in the game it was Nish's fault. Just abuse throughout.

I just don't see the point in it at all. Surely better to give him 100% support, build confidence and help him, help us win games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to say the abuse on here for Nish is unbelievable. Even when threads start about something completely different it ends up with a rant at Nish.

This type of stuff then spills over into the crowd at Fir Park. There was one guy behind me who no matter what happened in the game it was Nish's fault. Just abuse throughout.

I just don't see the point in it at all. Surely better to give him 100% support, build confidence and help him, help us win games?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    To win 2-3 away from home in the first game of the season is a fantastic result.

Some of the **** ive just read on here is unbelievable

Well done Hibs. Great start to the season
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Good post.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    here here

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    To win 2-3 away from home in the first game of the season is a fantastic result.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Nish didn't play all that well today. However, even when he does play well, there are fans that don't recognise it, so they jump on any oppertunity to slate the boy. Even with the penalty in mind, he wasn't the cause of most of our woes today. We had no one in midfield who wanted to go on a run with the ball, and Hart wasn't interested in doing so either. As soon as Wotherspoon did that, we looked a lot better for it.

If Nish was served by two old fashioned wingers who could cross a ball he'd be devastating.

Correct, then there are the deep thinkers who think Hibs played better when Nish went off, well they probably need to look at Wotherspoons contribution who came on for De GRaff, his confidence on the ball gave Motherwell a problem De Graff had not, Stevens came on for Nish, why has Yogi not been given credit for the changes he made ?

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    If Nish was served by two old fashioned wingers who could cross a ball he'd be devastating.
    He is devastating...to watch

Can't control a ball, can't stay on his feet, can't stay onside, can't get far enough away from Easter Road as far as I'm concerned

Everyone has been told that the refs are going to be more stringent re shirt pulling, so what does he do? Tugs the shirt of a player, in the box, who was running out the box and gives away a penalty which COULD have cost us 2 points.

I'm sorry, I know where you're coming from, "get behind the team instead of slating them", and I agree and salute you for that but Nish is not a footballer. We were a far better side when he went off.

I appreciate that he doesn't mean to be sh** and probably does try 100% but he just doesn't have it for me.
    Last edited by Houchy; 15-08-2010 at 03:21 PM.

I wonder what the Nish haters do when he scores ...?..that must be so ****ing painful for them when they have to sit on their hands...

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    He is devastating...to watch

Can't control a ball, can't stay on his feet, can't stay onside, can't get far enough away from Easter Road as far as I'm concerned

Everyone has been told that the refs are going to be more stringent re shirt pulling, so what does he do? Tugs the shirt of a player, in the box, who was running out the box and gives away a penalty which COULD have cost us 2 points.

I'm sorry, I know where you're coming from, "get behind the team instead of slating them", and I agree and salute you for that but Nish is not a footballer. We were a far better side when he went off.

I appreciate that he doesn't mean to be sh** and probably does try 100% but he just doesn't have it for me.
    well said, never good enough for hibs.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

100% correct!
    Two guys sitting infront of me today gave Nish it tight the whole afternoon, as you say, EVERYTHING was Nish's fault. Sorry to say this but alot of Hibs fans talk total tosh, and are extremely negative 24/7! Todays a day to be positive, some folk on here should really try it!!

C'mon the Hibees!!

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    well said, never good enough for hibs.
    Cheers, thought I would get a total kickin' for that one.

First Team Breakthrough

Couldnt agree more.I,ve seen a lot worse than Nish play for Hibs
    Last season his goals and assists just seemed to be forgotten. I could see the point if he didnt give his all, but he is a hibby playing for the jersey. Surely a bit more support is going to help the guy

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    I wonder what the Nish haters do when he scores ...?..that must be so ****ing painful for them when they have to sit on their hands...
    I take great delight everytime he scores, just after, to shout ''WELL DONE NISHY, THATS HOW TO SHUT THE HATERS UP!'' Oh how i love the looks i get each time after i shout that!

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post

Couldnt agree more.I,ve seen a lot worse than Nish play for Hibs
    Last season his goals and assists just seemed to be forgotten. I could see the point if he didnt give his all, but he is a hibby playing for the jersey. Surely a bit more support is going to help the guy
    As I say, I'm not questioning that he gives 100% for a club he loves but so would anyone of us in the stands but that does not make us Lionel Messi. I think he's a good honest worker but just doesn't have it.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Cheers, thought I would get a total kickin' for that one.
    oh you will

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    oh you will
    I'm assuming the position right now.

@hibs.net private member
    It was a great result. But Nish is simply a poor SPL player. Who in the opinion of most is not good enough for Hibs

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Good post, what I would do to see us with even one winger! Really hope to see more of Galbraith this season. Thought Spoony looked sharp today when he came on

Bang on my man. Not the best player by any means but does a stint and can score goals. Does the dirty work up front. This was more or less what was said on the radio today. Same old gash spouted by the same people. Until Rod gives yogi a wedge for a similar but better player, then he gets all the support he needs. Good 3 points the day and played some nice stuff in patches. God bless the Hibs

I've defended Nish in the past and will continue to do so if the criticsim he receives is unfair. On saying that he was awful today. Was off side with little good reason several times, looked apathetic and disinterested at times, wasn't strong enough and misplaced so many passes it was frightening. Add to that the complete mess he made of a chance to score a 4th and one of the most stupid fouls i've ever seen which resulted in a Motherwell penalty.

He is being asked to play a role that isn't his natural game, if we were banging crosses into the box he would easily get 12-15 goals a season. But we're not playing like that so he has to adapt. Derek Riordan must hate playing left midfield but look at the effort and performance he put in today, was absolutely superb at times.

Nish is a decent squad player but with performance and decision making like he showed today he deserves to be criticised IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Nish didn't play all that well today. However, even when he does play well, there are fans that don't recognise it, so they jump on any oppertunity to slate the boy. Even with the penalty in mind, he wasn't the cause of most of our woes today. We had no one in midfield who wanted to go on a run with the ball, and Hart wasn't interested in doing so either. As soon as Wotherspoon did that, we looked a lot better for it.
    Were you watching the same game as me ?? Thought Miller was brilliant today and several runs in to box and great goal. McBride even got forward a few times. Hart was attacking down right also although he stopped short of getting to bye line which I find disappointing as that should be in every defenders reportoire. Nish should have scored after penalty when he was effectively one on one but with no pace he let the defence get around him. Great start to season and second half was very entertaining and some very good football played. Yogi played a great card in bringing Stephens on to shore up defence for a striker so surely credit where credit is due.

Don't agree with abusing him at games, have to support the team all the way and if he has a good game or when he scores i'll praise him and cheer him BUT he is not good enough to play for Hibs, this is my opinion and I'm no Alex Ferguson but i've watched him now for the last 2 years and his touch and movement just are not as good as they should be, aye we won today and i'm delighted, good start to the season but if we want to continue winning games and challange for europe every year then we have to realise we need players of a better calibre than him, and I do think there are players out there available who could take his place and improve the squad.

Squad player at most.

Fans let player know he honks shocker Fans have been doing this since the start of football. Its not new.

Nish was fairly crap today. Squad player at most for me.

Hes fairly crap most games he plays. Hibernian fans didn't all of a sudden decide he was crap.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Fans let player know he honks shocker Fans have been doing this since the start of football. Its not new.

Nish was fairly crap today. Squad player at most for me.

Hes fairly crap most games he plays. Hibernian fans didn't all of a sudden decide he was crap.
    hoooooray!!! someone who talks sense. i'm also fed up with supporters who blindly support this clown. so many people can't be wrong. take the green tinted glasses off folks, hes not good enough. still don't agree with the abuse he gets at games thats not on but sometimes he can anger frustration from fans who have to watch this numpty in a hibs shirt fall on his a**e. i mean he was through one on one after the pen when Craigan fell and Craigan still managed to catch him because he is as slow as a week in jail and fell over his feet. smashing eh folks.

For the role Yogi wants nish to play in the team he is not up to scratch. Yogi to me is looking for nish to play like Mixu, play as the central striker who can hold the ball up and allow Deek, Stokes, Miller and DeGraff to play off him. Nish can't play this role as the ball never seems to stick. I do believe he is a good player to have in the squad as he chipped in with 12 goals last season but not to play the role Yogi wants.