hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!

Hibs 12th Man Flag Recommendation (under a fiver)

Hi Hibees

The Nigerian flag for waving about!

The recommended size is 5'x3' (152x91cm) which fits quite nicely on the permitted 1 metre length of cane. If you get a flag with eyelets make sure the cane is quite skinny because the eyelets aren’t very big.

A quick Google search has brought up these 3 place where they can be bought (not sure about the cost of P&P), I’m sure there will be others.

Greens of Gloucestershire, £3.99
    http://www.greensofgloucestershire.c...y-version.html

www.MrFlag.com, £3.99
    http://www.mrflag.com/p/4701/Nigeria__Budget_.html

Amazon, 4 new from £2.19
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nigeria-Nati...1781637&sr=8-1

Let’s make the 3 stands a sea of green and white!

Of course if you have another type of green and white flag bring that along – variety is the spice of life!

JA

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great idea, I've got mine
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs12thMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Hibees

The Nigerian flag for waving about!

The recommended size is 5'x3' (152x91cm) which fits quite nicely on the permitted 1 metre length of cane. If you get a flag with eyelets make sure the cane is quite skinny because the eyelets aren’t very big.

A quick Google search has brought up these 3 place where they can be bought (not sure about the cost of P&P), I’m sure there will be others.

Greens of Gloucestershire, £3.99
    http://www.greensofgloucestershire.c...y-version.html

www.MrFlag.com, £3.99
    http://www.mrflag.com/p/4701/Nigeria__Budget_.html

Amazon, 4 new from £2.19
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nigeria-Nati...1781637&sr=8-1

Let’s make the 3 stands a sea of green and white!

Of course if you have another type of green and white flag bring that along – variety is the spice of life!

JA
    Makes you wonder why the official merchandise does not do more flags..... I know there are loads when it comes to Cup Finals, but it would be great to see for example, all Hibs Kids waving them at ER?..... Certainly adds to atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Makes you wonder why the official merchandise does not do more flags..... I know there are loads when it comes to Cup Finals, but it would be great to see for example, all Hibs Kids waving them at ER?..... Certainly adds to atmosphere
    And Police confiscating the canes ...even from kids ...sad but true ..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    And Police confiscating the canes ...even from kids ...sad but true ..
    Do they need to be on canes? Surely nowadays something softer could be used?

We spoke to Fife about this. Canes of 1m long are ok.

There should be no problem with these at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    We spoke to Fife about this. Canes of 1m long are ok.

There should be no problem with these at ER.
    As long as he has passed that to the powers be Mikey ...

The Libyan flag is also good - plain green. You could have a green and white flag and a green flag for under a tenner

Still - The Green and White one could be the new flag for the New Stand

Update - ordered half a dozen for our group.

Looks too big for a cane tho?? The cane would be same length as the flag but then - no handle?.

Will have to be hand held I reckon - its as big as a tablecloth
    Last edited by RIP; 14-08-2010 at 07:23 PM.

A wee possible idea with big flags is they can be sown together into a surfer flag

Quote Originally Posted by section43 View Post
    The Libyan flag is also good - plain green. You could have a green and white flag and a green flag for under a tenner

Still - The Green and White one could be the new flag for the New Stand

Update - ordered half a dozen for our group.

Looks too big for a cane tho?? The cane would be same length as the flag but then - no handle?.

Will have to be hand held I reckon - its as big as a tablecloth
    The suggested flags are 3’x5’, with 1 metre being 39andabit” this gives a decent hand hold. The size suggested for just that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew the Hibee View Post
    A wee possible idea with big flags is they can be sown together into a surfer flag
    Do be fair I don’t think that would work. I’m no seamstress but the crappy material that’s used in making these flags would mean IMO they wouldn’t sew together very well and once it got to a certain size, still too wee, the stain of folk pulling and tugging would rip it apart.

I think the Hibs 12th Mans idea of loads of the 3’x5’ waving, European ultra style, would have a huge impact.

Giving Hibs Kids flags to wave a no brainer. I'd donate a fiver towards that
    Space to let

Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think the Hibs 12th Mans idea of loads of the 3’x5’ waving, European ultra style, would have a huge impact.

Hi Jack

Thanks for the offer, use the donate button on our website http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/

Hibs 12th Man
    JA

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Did anything happen regarding the club putting lockers somewhere so we could store flags in them?

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    The suggested flags are 3’x5’, with 1 metre being 39andabit” this gives a decent hand hold. The size suggested for just that reason.

Do be fair I don’t think that would work. I’m no seamstress but the crappy material that’s used in making these flags would mean IMO they wouldn’t sew together very well and once it got to a certain size, still too wee, the stain of folk pulling and tugging would rip it apart.

I'd disagree Jack. My Flag (See attached) has been going for about 6 years and has been unveiled on several occasions around the stands, away and cup games and has not had one bit of bother at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacBean; 16-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    I'd disagree Jack. My Flag (See attached) has been going for about 6 years and has been unveiled on several occasions around the stands, away and cup games and has not had one bit of bother at all.

I’ve seen your flag and from what I recall it is made up of flags smaller than 3’x5’. It might be better material than I have and also its kept pretty static.

I know that if there were 9 of the Nigerian flags I have stitched together they wouldn’t reach Tamson's without falling apart and besides a marathon sewing session a proper surfing size flag, made up god knows how many it would take, wouldn’t make it out the bag it was kept in without becoming rags.

Just my opinion likes but I’d hate for Stew, or anyone else to spend real money and waste their own real time and muck up their mothers sewing machine.
    Space to let

You call three inches a decent hand hold?

I look forward to seeing you wave a 5foot flag with a hand hold half the length of a pencil

Hopefully the goods will arrive before the weekend and we can experiment fae there

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc

I’ve seen your flag and from what I recall it is made up of flags smaller than 3’x5’. It might be better material than I have and also its kept pretty static.

I know that if there were 9 of the Nigerian flags I have stitched together they wouldn’t reach Tamson's without falling apart and besides a marathon sewing session a proper surfing size flag, made up god knows how many it would take, wouldn’t make it out the bag it was kept in without becoming rags.

Just my opinion likes but I’d hate for Stew, or anyone else to spend real money and waste their own real time and muck up their mothers sewing machine.
    They are all 3' by 5' flags. the flag itself is obviously 9'x15' now. It initially started out as the bottom right flags, then the two on top of them a few weeks later, and last season i added the three on the left hand side. Very strudy and well sewn together by my Nana

I'd happily let someone see it. before wasting time/money sewing them together.

FTR i'll be bringing it on Sunday and hopefully someone in the West can get some pics of it
    Last edited by MacBean; 16-08-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Hibernian Football Club