hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The 6-6 game

Left by mutual consent!

The 6-6 game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8909199.stm

Looking back some fantastic goals and shocking defending by both teams. Hibs at their very best and very worst.

Would settle for a drab 0-1 win for the Hibs this time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar

Lightbulb

hoping for the same again , only half decent and exciting game of the season! yes there were some mistakes but that was because both teams went for it and wanted goals , what footballs about imo!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hoping for the same again , only half decent and exciting game of the season! yes there were some mistakes but that was because both teams went for it and wanted goals , what footballs about imo!
    Disagree. Thought Hibs went for it until we hit the 6th, then bottled it BIG time.

The worst thing about the 6 - 6 game watching it back there is how bad smith was. A truly horrendous goalkeeping performance.Im murder in goals i.e you have to be good to hit me! but watching him makes me worried about sunday tbh.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I am still convinced to this day that players took bungs in that game.

Edit: Just watch Lightyear falling over for Mother's 4th, his inexplicable penalty give away and subsequent indicating to the player which way he was going to dive before the ball was put straight to him.

Maybe he's just a very poor goalkeeper, but that sequence of events was amazing.
    Last edited by Speedway; 13-08-2010 at 09:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As much as throwing away such a lead was awful, when you break it down, we won the first half 4-2, and Motherwell won the second half 4-2. Smith's unbelievably poor performance was the key to the defeat.

We should rightly be confident of scoring more at the weekend, we have hit 6 there twice in recent seasons, as well as 3 in our other visit last season, and four in our only visit the season before.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    The worst thing about the 6 - 6 game watching it back there is how bad smith was. A truly horrendous goalkeeping performance.Im murder in goals i.e you have to be good to hit me! but watching him makes me worried about sunday tbh.
    And the best thing was probably just how good Nish was

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    As much as throwing away such a lead was awful, when you break it down, we won the first half 4-2, and Motherwell won the second half 4-2. Smith's unbelievably poor performance was the key to the defeat.
    Watching it again there, Hibs were just the support act in a 12 goal thriller.

All the plaudits go to the team that clawed their way back from 6-2 down in the last 30 minutes or so of the match. And rightly so.