hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso

Time to do the right thing Mr Hughes..

If you are a true Hibs supporter, and you want what's best for the club, you need to step down from your position.

Time and time again, you just can't understand that being a Manager of a club means making the right decisions, before & DURING the game. I don't know how many times over the past 7 months that iv seen our manager be clueless when it comes to changing a game, or trying to do something different in order to get things going!

If your so adamant on playing this narrow style then fine, but if your a goal down... or nothing is happening, anyone with common sense knows that its time to make a CHANGE! Thats what you get paid forrrr!

When we scored to make the tie 1-1 on 50 odd mins, it was time to go for broke, and bring on Galbraith (who in my opinion should be playing anyway) and possibly Wotherspoon to give us some width, and a threat down our massive spaced flanks whom we have no1 operating from. You can't expect Murray & Hart to get up and down the park like bloody Cole & Sagna! You decided to bring them on AFTER they had burried the tie at 2-1 on 67 mins! When they hadnt once been asked to warm up in the 2nd half! What use is that!!!!???

He is void of ideas. Has no plan B. And our form over the past year or so has been appauling. I think even now it shows that even when we were winning ugly, it was nothing to do with his tactical genius. You were wanted out of Falkirk, and i now think its time for you to leave your boyhood hero's!

There is going to be people who disagree on this opinion heavily, but i fail to see a reason as to why this guy really is the best fit for this club. If our form changes it will be purely down to how well the players do, and not to do with our Manager's thoughts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

i admit i get frustated with yogi sometimes but to say he should resign when the season hasn't started is madness

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are a true Hibs supporter, and you want what's best for the club, you need to step down from your position.

Time and time again, you just can't understand that being a Manager of a club means making the right decisions, before & DURING the game. I don't know how many times over the past 7 months that iv seen our manager be clueless when it comes to changing a game, or trying to do something different in order to get things going!

If your so adamant on playing this narrow style then fine, but if your a goal down... or nothing is happening, anyone with common sense knows that its time to make a CHANGE! Thats what you get paid forrrr!

When we scored to make the tie 1-1 on 50 odd mins, it was time to go for broke, and bring on Galbraith (who in my opinion should be playing anyway) and possibly Wotherspoon to give us some width, and a threat down our massive spaced flanks whom we have no1 operating from. You can't expect Murray & Hart to get up and down the park like bloody Cole & Sagna! You decided to bring them on AFTER they had burried the tie at 2-1 on 67 mins! When they hadnt once been asked to warm up in the 2nd half! What use is that!!!!???

He is void of ideas. Has no plan B. And our form over the past year or so has been appauling. I think even now it shows that even when we were winning ugly, it was nothing to do with his tactical genius. You were wanted out of Falkirk, and i now think its time for you to leave your boyhood hero's!

There is going to be people who disagree on this opinion heavily, but i fail to see a reason as to why this guy really is the best fit for this club. If our form changes it will be purely down to how well the players do, and not to do with our Manager's thoughts.

testicles imho, the players are blamless for bad results but acclaimed for good ones? my first look at hibs this season was on thursday and the movement and desire to get into space from most of our "better" players was a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don't think he should leave and there's no way he should leave the week before the season starts, if we start the season in the same form we finished last season then we'll need to look at his position as it'd clearly be relegation form, however that european tie that we played hasn't exactly been a regular appearance in my lifetime so for that he deserves a fair crack of the whip this season.

Quite why you want to start a new thread calling for the managers head a week before the season starts is beyond me, why not get behind the team until we've got something to genuinely moan about? There'll be plenty time for that in the upcoming season, this is the time for optimism so god knows how miserable youu'll be come december

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this an open letter? The grammar, spelling and punctuation are certainly consistent with one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    Resign with a week until the start of the season? Then we'd hire somebody who would be playing with Yogi's team and we couldn't get a fair opinion on them til the next campaign. A resignation would be a step backwards not forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Is this an open letter? The grammar, spelling and punctuation are certainly consistent with one.
    Maybe so but you certainly get his drift

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevitt View Post
    Resign with a week until the start of the season? Then we'd hire somebody who would be playing with Yogi's team and we couldn't get a fair opinion on them til the next campaign. A resignation would be a step backwards not forwards.
    The transfer window isn't closed yet, but admittedly the new guy would have problems with our apparent lack of fitness.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Got to stick with Yogi until the New Year at least unless we're in the bottom 2 or 3 and looking dire in October/November. We'll more likely be mid-table and Yogi will last the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Got to stick with Yogi until the New Year at least unless we're in the bottom 2 or 3 and looking dire in October/November. We'll more likely be mid-table and Yogi will last the season.
    I honestly can't see it, unless there is some sort of dramatic turnaround. We have had apalling results since January and I see nothing to suggest the team is playing any differently.

I think we are about 11 players short of being a handy side TBH.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    The transfer window isn't closed yet, but admittedly the new guy would have problems with our apparent lack of fitness.
    Indeed it is not, but 3 weeks to go until it is and by the sounds of it we hae to sell before we can buy, the new fella would struggle big time and probably make rash transfer decisions which would have a negative effect.

Having seen the things that Hughes went through at Falkirk without resigning, there is absolutely hee-haw chance of him walking from Hibs voluntarily so he's here until Rodders and co decide enough is enough.

Even if we have a complete mare this season, I reckon he'll be here until November/December at least.

Blog Entries
    Indeed it is not, but 3 weeks to go until it is and by the sounds of it we hae to sell before we can buy, the new fella would struggle big time and probably make rash transfer decisions which would have a negative effect.
    Unless the new guy was the manager of another club, witha good knowledge of who was available and the job they could do. He'd surely discuss signing targets before being hired.

The other side of the coin is that Yogi has three more weeks to "invest" in the transfer market too.

First Team Breakthrough H1B33 1875's Avatar

What a total over reaction to the Maribor game! Having no manager would give us the worst possible start to the season!

Left by mutual consent!
    What a load of pish

First Team Regular
    Except he's no Hibby - he's a Celtic fan. You are right though, he is a dire manager.

Gamer IDs

Complete over reaction to the maribor game? Where have you all seriously been? Weve been crap for ages! Not just the european exit!

It's all good tho, im glad you all have faith in a manager that doesn't have clue when it comes to tactics

I'l be right at the end of the season... trust me! :)

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Part of me wants to say it is too rash to get rid of yogi now, however I remember the duffy season, I never want to go through that again. So for me he should leave now, let someone come in who can get the best out of what they have, most managers would rub there hands at the thought of having a squad like ours!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Part of me wants to say it is too rash to get rid of yogi now, however I remember the duffy season, I never want to go through that again. So for me he should leave now, let someone come in who can get the best out of what they have, most managers would rub there hands at the thought of having a squad like ours!!
    Exactly! He should goo. Thats what im getting at. If he doesnt, then i believe we will have a very long hard season with him in charge. No Manager that would come in, is going to have to work hard to do anything different that Yogi has. His tactics are shocking, and they need to change. If he is so adamant that he wants to play narrow with the midfield, why dont we just play 352? So that our backs can play in a system where they can get forward. We have plenty centre halfs in Bamba, Hogg, Stephens, Hanlon, even Murray and Thicot that can make up the 3. Its time we tryed something different as we have been a complete embarassment for the past 7 months

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate (or sticking up for Chris), but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

anyway Chris, I had an instant over reaction on Thursday after the game like a lot people, and wanted Hughes to get the hell out of Easter Road. I have had time to mull it over and let the red mist settle. With a clearer view I agree with what others have said, asit could well be the worst possible thing to do at this time of the season.

He has a mindset of how he wants to play football. He has an idea of how he wants to play football and like it or lump we're going to have to sit through it as he is a hell of a stubborn man and won't change his ideals. He has "Vision" and he wont let anyone change that.

Hibernian Football Club is a passion of mine and regardless of whether is John Hughes, Donald Duck, or Jean Rattrey at the helm they will receive my support.
    Last edited by MacBean; 07-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Hibernian Football Club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H1B33 1875 View Post
    What a total over reaction to the Maribor game! Having no manager would give us the worst possible start to the season!
    OVer reaction to the Maribor game ???

Where have you been since January mate ???? Have you seen hIbs play since the turn of the year ????

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate, but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

anyway Chris, I had an instant over reaction on Thursday after the game like a lot people, and wanted Hughes to get the hell out of Easter Road. I have had time to mull it over and let the red mist settle. With a clearer view I agree with what others have said, asit could well be the worst possible thing to do at this time of the season.

He has a mindset of how he wants to play football. He has an idea of how he wants to play football and like it or lump we're going to have to sit through it as he is a hell of a stubborn man and won't change his ideals. He has "Vision" and he wont let anyone change that.

Hibernian Football Club is a passion of mine and regardless of whether is John Hughes, Donald Duck, or Jean Rattrey at the helm they will receive my support.
    Of course you will. Just like we all will still support the Green wether he is there or not. And wether your happy with it or not.

Iv also decided to think about it, and not just jump to conclussions.. but thats my point, i struggle to see any sort of spark from the Manager that gives me any belief in his abilities.

Ok, maybe the timing wouldn't be ideal. But it never is, is it? Id rather build now under a new manager, than with Hughes. If he does well, then fair play to him.. but i really cant understand what he is trying to do. Every1 at the game knew he needed to change something.. some of the boys busted a gut in the 1st half, and were unfortunate to be 1 down, but hes got to realise people are tired.. and need to be changed. The narrow midfield is going to be horrific on that wide pitch.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    The narrow midfield is going to be horrific on that wide pitch.
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member
    The transfer windown is still open. Someone new coming in could possibly get a couple of signings. Would you rather we stay with yogi and start the season with relegation form then bring in a manager that has to pull us up the league when the transfer window is shut?

Wait until Christmas with Yogi at the helm and the season is over and we could possibly be relegation fodder.

Wait until then end of the season with Yogi at the helm and we could be finding a new manager for a team playing in division 1! Think I am over reacting? Well have a look at our form since the 4-1 defeat from rangers in December, that form was truely relegation form. Nothing Yogi has done in the closed season annd in the 2 european games shows that he has turned anything around. The more we wait the harder it will be to get a decent manager, if we wait until christmas the team could be at the bottom of the league, hardly a good prospect for any manager. Get a new manager in now, they have some of the transfer windown open and everything to play for. we have a decent team, a couple of weak positions but a new manager could possibly solve that. Yogi looks like he cant solve anything at the moment. If he has Hibs best interests at heart then he should have a look at himself, say sorry for the recent form and tactical blunders and leave quietly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    Since when has hibs.net had a policy where its posters had to have a certain level of English? I wasn't aware of them? Not having a go at you mate (or sticking up for Chris), but seriously? I have seen many, many horrific posts on here where people are ridiculously unclear of where they are going with their posts and the spelling/grammar is never picked up. We argue about swearing, please not start this grammar pish!

If there is a Hibs.net policy on anything it has nothing to do with me. Just trying to make a light hearted comparison between the OP and the sort of thing that comes up on Kickback all the time.

I am NOT suggesting the OP is a Yam by the way. I've just got a thing about people writing angry letters to authority figures when there is very little chance that person will read it, and even less chance they'll pay any attention to it.

I reckon he'll get til October/November time to show he's up to it. If we're toiling then, I think the board will act.

I want Hughes to succeed but the last 7 or 8 months have been dire. Really dire.

Looking around on Thursday night before the game I was thinking what a fantastic set up we now have. The pitch looks as good as I've ever seen it in almost 40 years going to ER. The stadium looks great too now. The only thing missing - and it's the main thing - is a manager with guile and tactical nous who can shape and get the most out of the players we have. I think the squad is pretty good but we could do with another couple of players. Hughes can't seem to get anything from them and a lot is down to how he sets the team up and the inability to change things during a game.

It's very frustrating just now and has been for a while but I think we should wait and see how the season develops. If come Oct/Nov we're down the bottom, the board will have to act.

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I reckon he'll get til October/November time to show he's up to it. If we're toiling then, I think the board will act.

I want Hughes to succeed but the last 7 or 8 months have been dire. Really dire.

Looking around on Thursday night before the game I was thinking what a fantastic set up we now have. The pitch looks as good as I've ever seen it in almost 40 years going to ER. The stadium looks great too now. The only thing missing - and it's the main thing - is a manager with guile and tactical nous who can shape and get the most out of the players we have. I think the squad is pretty good but we could do with another couple of players. Hughes can't seem to get anything from them and a lot is down to how he sets the team up and the inability to change things during a game.

It's very frustrating just now and has been for a while but I think we should wait and see how the season develops. If come Oct/Nov we're down the bottom, the board will have to act.
    In a nutshell. RP will be watching closely and the Board will have 'drawn lines in the sand' beyond which they will have to act.

Meanwhile, Yogi not looking as assured these days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by houston1875 View Post
    What's your point caller?