hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graeme smith!

Graeme smith!

Does anyone think he is good enough for hibs because he seems to let in a barrowload everytime he plays. The defence seemed nervy with him in goal too. I just wanna hear if the fans feel he should be number 1 or if he should be punted.

Being honest i still dont feel we have solved the goalkeeping issue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster brightons hibby's Avatar

Graeme Smith

What i,ve seen on hibs tv. ( live in states). I agree with you that we have not addressed the problem.All three goalkeepers are very simalar. It,s time we spent some money to address this problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's gash...

@hibs.net private member
    He is not very good. However, I think any keeper is going to struggle with a hopeless defence in front of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Beverages really solid, you made the right move for the future putting me and keeping him. Thought he was very unlucky with the penalty. Just had a look at the rota for the gloves and he'll be back v the Huns.
    Good luck for the new season, Maka.

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    We've got two good goalkeepers and Graeme Smith. Was gutted when he was announced in the starting lineup yesterday. Personally i think he's First Division material. anytime the ball when near him yesterday i started panicking. I don't think that Smith has any respect or command in his box where as Stack and Brown do.. I really have no idea why Yogi plays him, and fingers crossed he saw enough yesterday to make sure its Stack or Brown for number 1.

Paget

ggtth

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    He had a couple of really poor moments and just don't feel secure at all with him in goals. And as for the moment where he casually waited and tried to lift the ball over the Maribor boy who was closing him down, these are the kind of lapses of judgement that have cost us so many goals in the last few years. Seems to have a general lack of technique too, I really wonder what our goalkeepers get coached.

Smith OUT the door !!

Smith is not good enough! When you have a team where only Bamba attacks anything in the air, how can you play a keeper that is so reluctant to come of his line (hence the 1st goal last night) and on the rare occassions he does gets no where near the ball! Time to see what Brown can do...

Stack is my number 1, if he can alleviate his injury problems, which is obviously easier said than done

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smith is not good enough! When you have a team where only Bamba attacks anything in the air, how can you play a keeper that is so reluctant to come of his line (hence the 1st goal last night) and on the rare occassions he does gets no where near the ball! Time to see what Brown can do...
    Apart from the Hart incident when Smith's communication was poor/non existant, I felt he did not have a bad game, and was not to be faulted for any of the 3 goals

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Scott Thomson should be sacked, WTF does he do each day?

Smith had 2 or 3 dodgy moments. He doesnt have shockingly bad errors like goalkeepers past but the accumulation of bad judgement, poor communication and nervy goalkeeping doesnt give the team much coinfidence! Sorry but the first goal being scored from inside the 6 yard box and the keeper firmly planted on his line, i dont know who else is you can look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Smith had 2 or 3 dodgy moments. He doesnt have shockingly bad errors like goalkeepers past but the accumulation of bad judgement, poor communication and nervy goalkeeping doesnt give the team much coinfidence! Sorry but the first goal being scored from inside the 6 yard box and the keeper firmly planted on his line, i dont know who else is you can look at.
    Central defenders maybe?

Two of the attackers went for the cross and beat Bamba to it, someone lost their player

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Stack is my number 1, if he can alleviate his injury problems, which is obviously easier said than done
    Yep, out of the 3, I'd have Stack in goal though I've never seen Brown so probably bit unfair to rule him out of things. That said, Hughes seems to have zero faith in him so it's unlikely he will ever play.

I'm not a fan of Smith at all - He does not inpsire any sort of confidence - but given Stack's injury issues, it looks like he might get a fair few games this season. Not good news IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Rubbish!

All im saying is in all the time i have watched him, he never gives commanding performances. Always looks shakey and nervous, which cant be good for the defence! Just sick of not have a dependable keeper, its gone on too long!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Of course it doesnt help when the fans get on his back EVERY game. Half the Hibs support seems to want players to make mistakes so they've got something to moan about! Its ridiculous! Nothing to do with coaching or anything like that. PLayers are scared of the ball because they dont want criticism and to be attacked for making mistakes by the fans who are ready to scream abuse at them. We were playing well last season because the fans were happy and players were more confident because of this.

Brown needs a run out...Smith can go....Stack and Brown for the gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by ackeygraham View Post
    Brown needs a run out...Smith can go....Stack and Brown for the gloves.
    Good shout. Not sure the rules allow two goalies though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Brown is the best goalie we have - by a country mile.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I must say that I really thought that Brown would be our number one this season, particularly after Smith's performances against Motherwell and Hearts in the top 6, and Stack being yet another Hibs GK to make a huge error against Hearts.

For us to have used 2 GKs already this season and him not to be one of them is hard to understand.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Graeme Smith was really a bombscare Last Night. Put Brown in goal and that will do.

there's a post on the bounce stating that brown may be away to st Johnstone
    in swap for midfielder???? Brown should get the gloves for Blackpool game, with stack as no 2

First Team Breakthrough

Get him out

Smith is no good, and even if he was half-decent, we don't need 3 first team goalies. Brown should be number 1 with Stack as back-up, if one get's injured bring in a young goalie to warm the bench instead of that diddy.

IMO neither stack or smith are good enough. Brown surely worth a shot.

I do think we need to get settled on a number 1. So much about def is making sure you know each other and playing as a unit. That just can't happen if we keep chopping and changing.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Graeme Smith once looked like a safe pair of hands but ever since the Motherwell debacle last season he's been rubbish and inspires no confidence whatsoever. The curse strikes again...

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Brown is the best goalie we have - by a country mile.
    Any idea why he can't get a game then? I'm assuming Yogi's picking his goalies on Thomson's recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Does anyone think he is good enough for hibs
    Simple answer, No.

Is Brown fit? If so, why isn't Yogi giving him a chance to show what he can do?

Smith is like a little boy lost who manages to shrink/fall back when the ball is kicked at him, presenting less of a barrier to the shot.

Stack is injury prone, although half decent.

Brown? Who knows?

Maka was at least a decent shot stopper and quite commanding in the air and I would definitely have kept him as number 2.

The wages for Brown, Smith and Stack should have been spent on ONE proper number one.

Rather take the gamble that he will stay injury free than pay good money to ensure that we have a mediocre/crap keeper in goals at all times.

"goalkeeping school" is patently a load of nonsense for a club like hibs!