hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Disgusted with tonights support

I didnt post this immediately to give myself time to reflect and calm down but here it comes.

I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team.

Pre match there was people around me already sharpening their knives ready with insults and abuse before a ball had been kicked. And it didnt take long for it to start. What a great support we have when our own 'supporters' turn on the team and other fans around them within 10mins of the game kicking off.

Clearly some people cant see past their own hatred of certain players as they get it in the neck whenever they touch the ball be it good or bad. Hardly inspires confidence in the team when they turn up to that.

Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!

Every week we get complaints about hoofball on here yet tonight if a Hibs player didnt launch the ball forward within 2 secs of receiving the ball the the abuse and discontent started.

The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team.

End of the day we're out of europe - no real surprise. Beaten by the better team (just because you hadnt heard off them before the game does not give us some right to beat them). They were technically superior to our players. Such a shame that they still felt the need to dive, roll about and time waste whenever possible. Either way as has been pointed out by others they were better than anything we will face in the spl this season.

Those calling for Yogi's head already should perhaps consider switching to the gorgie mob - that kind of thing goes down well over there apparently. I can guarentee you now if thats the kind of support theres going to be this season it will be a poor season. But hey lets take a leaf out of the yams book and abuse our own players and manager. Lets replace the manager several times a season. It's working out well for them isn't it!!?

Rant over. Don't bother asking me to justify anything or starting your crap with me. I won't be back on the forum for some time as its genuinely depressing to log on each day and see that some can't help having a go at players/manager/tactics on positive threads like East stand build pics.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where were you sitting? I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for the first twenty minutes around where I was sitting. Even after they scored and the tie was gone there was no real vitriolic abuse thrown at the players.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where were you sitting? I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for the first twenty minutes around where I was sitting. Even after they scored and the tie was gone there was no real vitriolic abuse thrown at the players.
    I agree with you, up until they scored it was very good around where I was sat in the west lower with lots of encouragement from the fans - had we scored first then that would have continued but knowing we needed 5 goals once they scored deflated everyone. I am still astonished that tonight was a sell out after last weeks result.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    completely agree, the vast majority of hibs fans around me tonight were complete dicks, in defence though once the fannies went home i was quite proud when the rest of us clapped Maribor off the park, IMO it's class like that that seperates us from the ****bos.

there was a bird behind me booing bamba when his name was being read out. So ouch for getting behind the team then she comes out with we all should join the 12th man campgain and she was helping set it up. You couldn't make it up. We got stuffed from a team that were better than us in all departments end of. I am very critical of players but to boo them is just out of order.

couldn't be bothered reading you whole post because it seemed so unneccessarily long and i was bored after the heading and second sentence.

i started songs in the west, i cheered louder than others and booed when things went against us. I also left early when it was apparent that we were ***** not in with a chance of progressing. the truth is the team and management let us down last week and tonight and gave us little to cheer about!

I love hibs with all my heart. i'm sitting here at 2 am when i know i have to be up for work at 6am!

the fact remains, mr hughes struggled towards the end of last year.A reasonable manager would have seen hibs finish 3rd!
    he got nothing out the team this year. he is not a novice. he has a couple of years in the spl with falkirk but closer inspection shows he played nice football but won **** all and flirted with relegation!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    It's hard to be up beat when you are losing 3-0 before a ball is even kicked.

Disgusted with the support?

Hibs didn't deserve anybody at the game.

Completely utterly agree with the op if your gonna sit and moan at the players and manager all game and boo them off the park don't bother coming.

@hibs.net private member
    The old blame the fans thread again. Excellent.

I unfortunately read the whole of the original post and it's nonsense.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Yep, defo not the managers fault, defo not the players fault. It's all caused by some fans moaning in the stands

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

I unfortunately read the whole of the original post and it's nonsense.
    Agreed. My missus said to me just at kick off it's the loudest it's been for a long time. Fans were right up for it but sadly the players weren't. The OP is utter ******!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Fannys galore around me in the south lower. No real racial abuse, a couple shouts of 'foreign pansies' and the like when they started their diving antics in the second half but that was it. Plenty fuds in the Hibs end tonight who don't know the meaning of the word support. I think the guy behind me must've told every single player to **** off. I was astonished by the abuse chucked by the row behind me. Especially one guy in particular. He had a vocab of four words- 'WIIIDE' and 'nae **** naw?' To be fair he did have a point as yet again Yogi was proved to be totally tactically inept with his one dimensional approach. Folk did have every right to be fuming though, what with this constant drivel being played out on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Yep, defo not the managers fault, defo not the players fault. It's all caused by some fans moaning in the stands
    If you re-read the OP, you'll see there's no point in it where Underdose blames the fans for the result last night.

@hibs.net private member
    The original OP is having a laugh he insults the Hibs support the .net community then states he'll not be back on to substantiate his arguments. Why? the whole point of forums is debate share your views and opinions. If you disagree you press the reply button type your response.
    alternatively don't join the forum. simples!

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    If you re-read the OP, you'll see there's no point in it where Underdose blames the fans for the result last night.

I think it was implied quotes like the following

"The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team."

"Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!"

"I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team."

maybe just my reading of it, but to me he is blaming the fans!!

maybe just my reading of it, but to me he is blaming the fans!!
    Maybe it's just my reading of it, but I don't think he is.

He's simply pointing out that there's sections of our 'support' who could do well to go and look up it's definition in the dictionary.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Calling all sports scientists

Let's get some objectivity here
    I can't believe there's not been a study into the impact on performance the home support has
    Summary of the findings please...

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    I didn't once shout at the players I was well up for the game and had a great feeling after the first fifteen minutes. It was abrilliant atmosphere until they scored. Even until half time I was optimistic that we might make a game of the tie at least. But no.

As the game wore on yogi proved he is out of his depth and needs to leave, we've watched this p!sh football for 7 months now it doesn't sit well with me. I didn't boo the team but after the third goal went in I knew that I had seen enough of yogis 'football' got up applauded Maribor for their goal, and left giving some sheer frustrated shout to yogi. I want him our and I'm not afraid to voice that concern for the GOOD of my club.

You may say it's the start of the season or whatever but quite frankly it's been the whole of 2010 that we have been utter garbage. Times up over out!
    Hibernian Football Club

I was in the FF Lower yesterday and didn't experience what the OP did. I for one thought the atmosphere was excellent for the first 15 minutes or so but, as others have already said, went a bit flat when they scored.

However, booing your own team off the pitch at half-time? Nah, I'm sorry but I'd hardly call that being a 'supporter'.

Like it or not, we were beaten by a much better team.

Oh well, there's always out next Euro tie in five years......................

He's simply pointing out that there's sections of our 'support' who could do well to go and look up it's definition in the dictionary.
    I think we'll have to agree to differ on that one. Also, blindly accepting mediocre performances, in fact "supporting" the team for producing these performances really isn't helping them either. You could argue it's the exact opposite of supporting your team.

I'm not for hailing abuse at players all game long, or for needlessly booing the team off the pitch, but last night was shocking and it wasn't the fans fault.

First Team Breakthrough deek1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdose View Post
    I didnt post this immediately to give myself time to reflect and calm down but here it comes.

I have NEVER been so disgusted by hibs 'fans' in all my years of supporting the team.

Pre match there was people around me already sharpening their knives ready with insults and abuse before a ball had been kicked. And it didnt take long for it to start. What a great support we have when our own 'supporters' turn on the team and other fans around them within 10mins of the game kicking off.

Clearly some people cant see past their own hatred of certain players as they get it in the neck whenever they touch the ball be it good or bad. Hardly inspires confidence in the team when they turn up to that.

Perhaps some people are just looking for something to moan at and let off steam each week? Who knows but if thats all you come along to contribute don't bother - you wont be missed!!

Every week we get complaints about hoofball on here yet tonight if a Hibs player didnt launch the ball forward within 2 secs of receiving the ball the the abuse and discontent started.

The atmosphere tonight was absolutely appauling - so much for getting behind the team.

End of the day we're out of europe - no real surprise. Beaten by the better team (just because you hadnt heard off them before the game does not give us some right to beat them). They were technically superior to our players. Such a shame that they still felt the need to dive, roll about and time waste whenever possible. Either way as has been pointed out by others they were better than anything we will face in the spl this season.

Those calling for Yogi's head already should perhaps consider switching to the gorgie mob - that kind of thing goes down well over there apparently. I can guarentee you now if thats the kind of support theres going to be this season it will be a poor season. But hey lets take a leaf out of the yams book and abuse our own players and manager. Lets replace the manager several times a season. It's working out well for them isn't it!!?

Rant over. Don't bother asking me to justify anything or starting your crap with me. I won't be back on the forum for some time as its genuinely depressing to log on each day and see that some can't help having a go at players/manager/tactics on positive threads like East stand build pics.

I think we'll have to agree to differ on that one. Also, blindly accepting mediocre performances, in fact "supporting" the team for producing these performances really isn't helping them either. You could argue it's the exact opposite of supporting your team.

I'm not for hailing abuse at players all game long, or for needlessly booing the team off the pitch, but last night was shocking and it wasn't the fans fault.
    Just because you feel that the way to support your team when they are actually out on the pitch is by positively encouraging them does not mean you are blindly accepting mediocrity.
    I'd love you to expand on how offering encouragement could ever be the exact opposite of supporting your team.
    Last edited by marinello59; 06-08-2010 at 08:38 AM.

I've turned into a fair weather fan after 47 years of pain, angst and considerable expense.

Last night I sensed stormy weather so I stayed away.

I think I made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Just because you feel that the way to support your team when they are actually out on the pitch is by positively encouraging them does not mean you are blindly accepting mediocrity.
    I'd love you to expand on how offering encouragement could ever be the exact opposite of supporting your team.
    well, if someone is doing something wrong, you don't just say well done anyway, give them a clap and walk off.

well, if someone is doing something wrong, you don't just say well done anyway, give them a clap and walk off.
    That's not what I am suggesting though. And it still doesn't explain how offering support becomes the exact opposite of supporting the team.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

As for the booing ....

I blame big brother
    Maybe it's a cultural phenomenon but when folks the public never knew get boos just to se the reaction it's changed days
    Patience in a playstation MTV sky generation ? just ask the parents

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The original OP is having a laugh he insults the Hibs support the .net community then states he'll not be back on to substantiate his arguments. Why? the whole point of forums is debate share your views and opinions. If you disagree you press the reply button type your response.
    alternatively don't join the forum. simples!
    I think he is far from having a laugh. He insults part of the hibs support and quite rightly so. I seem to remember mcbride getting absolute vitriolic dogs abuse, for the heinous crime of preventing a ball getting delivered into the box and conceding a corner. That sort of crap was happening all night.

He is also quite right when he says that the hibs support appears to get v restless anytime the ball is not being played direct.

The reason people can't be bothered to hear what people have to say in response is that now and again you'll be subject to some twank sprouting crap about loyalty/ what do you know rants. it's not an informed logical debate that ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    I blame big brother
    Maybe it's a cultural phenomenon but when folks the public never knew get boos just to se the reaction it's changed days
    Patience in a playstation MTV sky generation ? just ask the parents
    Actually my parents used to boo me. They still do.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I think he is far from having a laugh. He insults part of the hibs support and quite rightly so. I seem to remember mcbride getting absolute vitriolic dogs abuse, for the heinous crime of preventing a ball getting delivered into the box and conceding a corner. That sort of crap was happening all night.

He is also quite right when he says that the hibs support appears to get v restless anytime the ball is not being played direct.

The reason people can't be bothered to hear what people have to say in response is that now and again you'll be subject to some twank sprouting crap about loyalty/ what do you know rants. it's not an informed logical debate that ensues.
    Yet then go berserk because we play the long ball game.