hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard a classic leaving the game, two older boys talking about him and one said "Hogg is never a CH" his mate then says "He's never a player" then the first boy turns and says "so were would you play him then?" Quick as a flash the old boy says... Tynecastle!! Have to admit i was chuckling away to myself
    hoy that was me. less of the old boy. i may have looked old after that right enough

2. Log in to remove the advert

hogg is murder. the fact is hes played for hibs for 4/5 year and no other club wants to buy him says it all

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    hogg is murder. the fact is hes played for hibs for 4/5 year and no other club wants to buy him says it all
    So you're happy if we sell our best players then?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    ffs of course not but its hibs we support not man u. if we have a good player somene wants to buy him. but nobody wants to buy chris hogg. i wonder why

Testimonial Due
    ffs of course not but its hibs we support not man u. if we have a good player somene wants to buy him. but nobody wants to buy chris hogg. i wonder why
    Maybe we don't want to sell him?

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar

I've been thinking that for the last few years. What happens to any half decent player at ER? They go elsewhere.

Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Whittaker, Thomson, Jones, Murphy, have all been seen as good players but another manger. Alas, Hogg has not - QED.
    Last edited by broonie27; 06-08-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Typo

you think he is one of our best players?

My god chris hogg isnt a great player but he was nowhere near the worst on the park. I am not his biggest fan but he stuck his head on everything tonight. If he gets dropped the problems dont go away.

I am more concerned with how many goals smith lets in and how uneasy the defence are due to him not shouting and making them panic.

hogg will never win over people,but sadly his game since being made captain of got worse and worse every week so why should people change their mind. as for miller, yes he has played at some top clubs, but he soon got found out, he was a gamble signing, marquee if u like that quite simply hasnt come off, no one else wanted him

any how, i think hogg should be dropped,same with smith, thicot and brown to be given a run and then just sack yogi and bring back mixu - all is forgiven

I really do not understand why Hogg plays week in week out as he is a total bomb scare at the back. He must be doing something special in training either that or he is Yogi's love child

Joking aside he has to be dropped again and told to find a new club and being realistic he could be a huge part of Yogi loosing his job in the long run if kept in the team. Yes there are other players in the team that are suspect but Hogg has been rank for a very long spell and I honestly can't remember when he had an outstanding game. The difference with the other suspects they have been known to have some good games ie Miller who was outstanding at the start of last season and dare I say it Rankin and Nish even though I think Rankin and Nish should move on too as there form is not consistent enough.

Hogg to me does not want to play for Hibs and is feeling the pressure of being captain. When you compare him even to our last captain Rob Jones he is night and day. I know Jones is not everyones cup of tea but at least he played with heart and mixed it up a bit with other players and bossed players around. I always loved how Jones used to noise certain players up including the likes of Hartley and Kenny Miller.

I think if Yogi dropped Hogg and gave someone like De Graff the captains band it might take some pressure of Yogi and also give maybe Thicot or Stephens a wee run in the team. I am in agreement with some of the posts Thicot has looked better than Hogg when he has played so why not play him and give him a run.

Time will tell but it is time for Yogi to start rocking the boat or Yogi will be sacked by Christmas or maybe sooner if he does not start making major changes now

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I can only but assume this thread is one of those set to wind others up and test a bit of nerve. Chris Hogg is a hard working competitive strong club captain. I think he should rightly be the 1st name on the teamsheet - IMO he is the player who tries hardest throughout the squad. He doesnt get every decision right but then who does? Hoggy would be my 1st choice as captain and I can not understand those who consistantly play him down as the basil brush of the club. Id much sooner have Murray or McBride booted into touch than our much debated captain. By the way - i thought amongst all, Hogg and Riordan were immense tonight.
    are ur eyes painted on?? immense???

Left by mutual consent!
    I can only but assume this thread is one of those set to wind others up and test a bit of nerve. Chris Hogg is a hard working competitive strong club captain. I think he should rightly be the 1st name on the teamsheet - IMO he is the player who tries hardest throughout the squad. He doesnt get every decision right but then who does? Hoggy would be my 1st choice as captain and I can not understand those who consistantly play him down as the basil brush of the club. Id much sooner have Murray or McBride booted into touch than our much debated captain. By the way - i thought amongst all, Hogg and Riordan were immense tonight.
    Your at the wind up eh?

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Yup - we're clueless.

Given he's club captain, has been a first team regular under the last five managers and an under 21 international it's not just me being clueless.

Yes that Tony Mowbray - clueless!
    Mark Venus - clueless!
    John Collins - clueless!
    Mixu Paateleinaan - clueless!
    John Hughes - clueless!

Who needs coaching badges or experience when you can simply read Hibs.net and take any old pish spouted against a player and get your coaching badge?

Yes that's the way to do it - let's ignore reality and go with base prejudice and ignorance - that'll see the club right...

Now that is a GOOD post which is, at least, factual!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post

Factual apart from the fact he never ever played for the England U21's

i think we scored about 54 last year, but we had a + factor of maybe 2
    what has JH done to rectify the problem?????? Hart and an 18 year old, do me a favor,

FFS, JH was a former CH +LEADER on the park, what exactly, do they do at east mains????
    hoggy is getting it big time, but the WHOLE defence needs looked at
    b

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post

Apart from the facts that he's not an under-21 international and that Mowbray didn't play him regularly, nor can Mark Venus be used as an example of a manager that played him regularly!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Except he is nowhere near being one of our best players.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe we don't want to sell him?
    Yip that's why he's still here.

hoy that was me. less of the old boy. i may have looked old after that right enough
    Classic. Sounds like you were on form last night auld yin.

A wind up or a Yam wanting Hoggy to stay in the team.

First Team Breakthrough Anto the Hibernian's Avatar
    Yup - we're clueless.

Given he's club captain, has been a first team regular under the last five managers and an under 21 international it's not just me being clueless.

Yes that Tony Mowbray - clueless!
    Mark Venus - clueless!
    John Collins - clueless!
    Mixu Paateleinaan - clueless!
    John Hughes - clueless!

Who needs coaching badges or experience when you can simply read Hibs.net and take any old pish spouted against a player and get your coaching badge?

Yes that's the way to do it - let's ignore reality and go with base prejudice and ignorance - that'll see the club right...
    Bang on...it was the same with Gary Caldwell , a player rated & played by consecutive Hibs managers as well as Celtic/Scotland & who now plies his trade in the premiership......but acording to the majority on here he was'nt good enough to warrant a Hibs jersey, please explain that one to me ?

Are we really saying all these managers are wrong and faceless wonders of .net are correct ?

Think about it

FWIW i have reservations about Hogg as captain & he certainly is no world beater, but he's a capable Centrehalf with SPL experience and as such is worth a place in our team, he also (like Caldwell) takes responsibility and has a good attitude, qualities which few fans appreciate but quite clearly Managers do.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto the Hibernian View Post
    Bang on...it was the same with Gary Caldwell , a player rated & played by consecutive Hibs managers as well as Celtic/Scotland & who now plies his trade in the premiership......but acording to the majority on here he was'nt good enough to warrant a Hibs jersey, please explain that one to me ?

Are we really saying all these managers are wrong and faceless wonders of .net are correct ?

Think about it

FWIW i have reservations about Hogg as captain & he certainly is no world beater, but he's a capable Centrehalf with SPL experience and as such is worth a place in our team, he also (like Caldwell) takes responsibility and has a good attitude, qualities which few fans appreciate but quite clearly Managers do.
    Let's phone Wigan or Celtic and offer him to them for a couple of million then. No doubt they'll snap our hand off.

Hogg was murder polis. His distribution left little to be desired and had a heid like a fifty pence piece last night. When he did head it straight it was weak and mostly to a Maribor player.

It was summed up when his mis judged the ball again, had to then chase the player up the wing and made a comical challenge and fell over himself - comical genuis.

Lets see this new boy Stephens at CH. I dont want fancy defenders, just basics of defence by head or feet...leave the fancy stuff to midfield....but again thats another post

New Captain Please!!!

Never in my life have I ever seen a club captain of any football club so low on confidence.

I think Hogg needs to realise that he's doing himself and the team no favours by remaining captain.

I feel sorry for Hogg and think he's suffering like Stephen McManus did latterly at Celtic.

Guys like that patch themselves up to play for the team when they are clearly not fit. It's OK doing it for the odd time but the longer it goes on the more damage you do to yourself and the more your reputation suffers because you're obviously not performing at 100%. I've seen him so often after games at ER barely even able to hobble out to his car and I wonder how many others in the team would show the same commitment.

I don't think he's particularly great, but he's a model pro who has never let the club down in my eyes. He deserves to be in the team until we sign someone better (as with all players) and I don't believe there's anyone in the squad, at present, ready to step in. Some of the cheap jibes aimed at him are pathetic IMHO.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M11BMO View Post
    Never in my life have I ever seen a club captain of any football club so low on ABILITY.

I think Hogg needs to realise that he's doing himself and the team no favours by remaining captain.

Corrected that for you. i remember some numpty posted on here, Hoggs played for the under 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 england teams, he's a future England international. I laughed then, i'm crying now.

Hogg's form has been poor of late and his distribution very similar to the hoof ball played by our inferior neighbours. One thing ive noticed since turn of the year though that McBride and especially Miller rarely demand the ball from Hogg when he has it. They are more than willing to either take it and play it straight back, or let him lump it up the park to no one inparticular!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Corrected that for you. i remember some numpty posted on here, Hoggs played for the under 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 england teams, he's a future England international. I laughed then, i'm crying now.
    Are you sure he was an u5 internationalist?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thanks for that. Do you have any spare tissues? I finished all mine last season.

First Team Breakthrough

Get armband of him

There is o way he should be captain, it was an awful decision. Last year i would have given it to murray, but we can't guarantee this year he'll be a permanent starter, IMO i would give it to Miller.