hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs vs Everton

Hibs vs Everton

Hibs played Everton 29/07/02. Managed to get a signed programe by a young wayne rooney. Will it be worth much or.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by OhTooBeeee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs played Everton 29/07/02. Managed to get a signed programe by a young wayne rooney. Will it be worth much or.......
    Should be worth much more than the cover price, even more if it was his 1st team debut. Maybe someone could advise?

Blog Entries
    Was at that game..couldn't beleive the physical size of him at 16 when he came on and scored second half IIRC

Tried to google it but no luck. I know he scored thats about it

Game ended 2-2, programme cover attached.

A signed copy will certainly be worth more than an unsigned one. The more Rooney achieves in his career the more it will be worth I'd imagine.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Nice one mate. Ill hold on to it for a few year bcoz i cant see there being much interest just now until hes retired and stuff. It may well be one of his first games and goals. Hope so anyway

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Was at that game..couldn't beleive the physical size of him at 16 when he came on and scored second half IIRC
    Me too - He was lucky not to be sent off in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by OhTooBeeee View Post
    A lot more than a signed photo I would imagine.

Found an article in the Scotsman which is pre-match.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...ees.2327708.jp

and a write up from the Liverpool Echo (Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/evert...0252-12075353/
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 31-07-2010 at 11:49 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Me too - He was lucky not to be sent off in that game.

He got in an "argument" with Tam McManus* as I recall, which was the first indication that he had a temper. Did he also score with a header from a corner, which was an early indication of his goal-scoring ability (mind you most people can score against Hibs from a corner).

* Quiet, shy Tam.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanair View Post
    He got in an "argument" with Tam McManus* as I recall, which was the first indication that he had a temper. Did he also score with a header from a corner, which was an early indication of his goal-scoring ability (mind you most people can score against Hibs from a corner).

* Quiet, shy Tam.
    I seem to remember the ref having a word in Mr Moyes ear about Rooney. Along the lines of "sub him or i'll send him off"

Just six minutes into the second half the Blues' central defence was prised open again, this time by Frederic Arpinon's immaculate through ball. Substitute Tom McManus raced clear and drilled a low shot past the Goodison new boy before marking his triumphant return from a long injury lay-off with a celebration matched only by those in Rio after Brazil won the World Cup.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    Never knew we played Chelsea at ER! What was the score?

It was so obvious that day that he had real talent.

Memory might be letting me down but I'm sure he gave Paul Fenwick a really tough time of it. Bit of a mismatch now obviously given the gulf in class, but at that point he was still just a kid up against an experienced defender.

The Everton fans clearly knew all about him already. Felt the same way about Bojan in the Barcelona friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by blairwallace View Post
    Never knew we played Chelsea at ER! What was the score?
    We played them at Easter Road in the 1986-87 pre-season, beat then 4-1 if I remember correctly?

Also played them in 1991/92 pre-season and think we lost 2-1? No programme was issued.
    Last edited by Bobo; 31-07-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    It was so obvious that day that he had real talent.

Memory might be letting me down but I'm sure he gave Paul Fenwick a really tough time of it. Bit of a mismatch now obviously given the gulf in class, but at that point he was still just a kid up against an experienced defender.

The Everton fans clearly knew all about him already. Felt the same way about Bojan in the Barcelona friendly.
    IIRC even before he had made his first-team debut they were selling more shirts with his name on the back than anyone else in their team!

http://www.evertonfc.com/player-profile/wayne-rooney

"He made his debut on the opening day of the 2002/03 campaign against Tottenham at Goodison, and then became Everton's youngest ever goalscorer when he netted against Wrexham in the Worthington Cup.

His first Premiership strike will never be forgotten - a dipping 25-yard shot against Arsenal at Goodison on October 19, 2002, five days before his 17th birthday!

Wayne became the youngest-ever England international in February 2003 when he came on as a substitute against Australia at Upton Park.

He became the youngest player to ever score for England with a goal against Macedonia in September 2003 at the tender age of 17 years and 317 days."

No bad for a pug-ugly bad-tempered scaff! :-)
    Last edited by Hibs On Tour; 31-07-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    We played them at Easter Road in the 1986-87 pre-season, beat then 4-1 if I remember correctly?

Also played them in 1991/92 pre-season and think we lost 2-1? No programme was issued.
    1991/92 was 2-2 with Keith Wright scoring the 88th minute equaliser in his home debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire2k View Post
    1991/92 was 2-2 with Keith Wright scoring the 88th minute equaliser in his home debut.
    Cheers mate, my memory's not the best

I was there, remember him having the ball nicked off his toes by John oneill, and rooney stamping on oneill's calf as he dribbled away....subbed soon after by moyes on the ref's advice

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    I remember the ER crowd booing him after he steamed into a few challenges and got in the face of our players. The collective thought seemed to be "who the hell does this boy think he is?!"

He then preceded to give our defence a torrid time and it was clear to everyone that the boy was going to be special. At least we got to see him at ER even at that early stage of his career.

@hibs.net private member
    The shop in Ocean Terminal may be able to give you a guestimation of what it's worth. Maybe?