hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Would Bamba have made a difference?

Can't help thinking that the big fella certainly would have been key to us keeping the score line down to at least one or two goals to nil last night if he was playing, giving us at least a glimmer of hope. I feel really let down by the big man and if I'm being honest I'm no sure I can bare to see him in a Hibs shirt again. I'm no saying it's all his fault but he really should have been back for what is the biggest game in our season. Pish poor attitude from the big fella!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't help thinking that the big fella certainly would have been key to us keeping the score line down to at least one or two goals to nil last night if he was playing, giving us at least a glimmer of hope. I feel really let down by the big man and if I'm being honest I'm no sure I can bare to see him in a Hibs shirt again. I'm no saying it's all his fault but he really should have been back for what is the biggest game in our season. Pish poor attitude from the big fella!
    Yes, a fit Bamba with his head in the right place would have made a difference. Completely agree with what you say.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He woudn't be up to speed with the other Hibs players who took part in the meticulously plan pre season trip in Holland that workrd so well

If he's fit bloody play him.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 30-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    I'm saying it's all his fault, last thing we needed before our 1st euro game (proper, intertoto doesny count) in 5 years was that big bombscare putting his poor wee weary legs before the good of his teamates, fans and lets not forget his employers I'd be out the door if i pulled a stunt like that at ma work, jotter time Sol, yer no half the player you think you are, get him punted and get someone who wants to play here in his place, chase yersel, erse BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
    I'm saying it's all his fault, last thing we needed before our 1st euro game (proper, intertoto doesny count) in 5 years was that big bombscare putting his poor wee weary legs before the good of his teamates, fans and lets not forget his employers I'd be out the door if i pulled a stunt like that at ma work, jotter time Sol, yer no half the player you think you are, get him punted and get someone who wants to play here in his place, chase yersel, erse BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Booing on an internet forum? Magic.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Booing on an internet forum? Magic.
    Can assure you i dont do it at matches, not at Hibs players anyway

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    Agree. I think he is on his way out. He does not care about Hibs but only himself and financial gain. Thats all football is nowaday's....all about transfers and players wages. It actually over shadows whats happening on the park ! I dont think he would have made a difference if he played as the bottom line is we simply are not good enough at that level. Players such as Rankin, Nish, McBride and Hogg dont even look SPL standard never mind Europe...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Yes, a fit Bamba with his head in the right place would have made a difference. Completely agree with what you say.
    could not agree more my friend

Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    could not agree more my friend

Unfortunately we haven't had a Bamba with his head in the right place for months now.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Has anyone looked at other teams playing in europe without players who were at the world cup , most had players missing so why should we be different???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvy1875 View Post
    What do you find so funny ? ? ?

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    Has anyone looked at other teams playing in europe without players who were at the world cup , most had players missing so why should we be different???????????????
    He never played in the world cup tho did he? Tired oot fi training in luxury for 3 weeks, he wants to leave, let him, good luck to him. I enjoyed most of his time with us but a player with his head at another club is not an asset to the team, as some of the 'bloopers' he made during the last transfer window clearly showed. I hope he gets his move, fair play to the boy he deserves it, i mean, who could ever forget the time he . . . .err . . . he . . . erm . . . eh . . he scored that goal, what a day that was eh, Sol = Hibs Legend.
    Just an afterthought but is it true that the Europa league like the Scottish Cup, only permits you to play for 1 club in the competition just a thought likes

Hibe legends are the Famous Five, Turnballs Tornadoes ......and up to date Sauzee and Latapy....Never ever will Bamba ever ever be a Hibs legend......I think you should behave son !!!

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Lomax View Post
    Hibe legends are the Famous Five, Turnballs Tornadoes ......and up to date Sauzee and Latapy....Never ever will Bamba ever ever be a Hibs legend......I think you should behave son !!!
    I think you should re-read ma post and take it in the context it was meant m8

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    yes because bamba compared to hogg is day compared to night soo much diffrence and bamba is far better hogg is powderpuff !!!

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    yes beacuse the diffrence between hogg and bamba is unreal bamba is far better hogg is powderpuff !!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    The big guy has clearly been on the sauce and is decidely unchuffed with Thursday night's shambles.

....worse than that he's been hugely insulted by suggestions he's a Yam....

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    The big guy has clearly been on the sauce and is decidely unchuffed with Thursday night's shambles.

....worse than that he's been hugely insulted by suggestions he's a Yam....
    What's the odds on him making it to Goodwood?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Bamba might have made a difference to the overall performance at the back, but he wouldn't have made a difference to the first two goals.

First one, the left back slips, second one a midfielder gives the ball away. Bamba would have been nowhere near the ball for either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    What's the odds on him making it to Goodwood?
    he better make it - he organised it. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    he better make it - he organised it. ..
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Unfortunately we haven't had a Bamba with his head in the right place for months now.
    Agree, I dont want to see Bamba "billy big time" anywhere the first team again.....

The problem is that I don't think Bamba wants to play for the first team again imho. This is a cynical stunt to get him a move.

Will Bamba be travelling for tomorrow's game in Carlisle?