hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

(Greggs) Brown and Bamba on way?

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...rsuit-of-Brown

From today's Daily Express.

Saintees after Mark Brown
    PSG after Sol Bamba

If Brown goes, we are relying on Stack and Smith as goalies.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    You've got to wonder why after being widely tipped on here to be No 1 this season, he didn't even make the bench last night and to our knowledge, isn't injured.

Oh wait I know why, it'll no doubt be because Yogi is a tactically clueless buffoon clown. Silly me.

Other clubs are free to bid on or enquire about any player at any club. The fact he’s maybe or maybe not our #1 keeper is neither here nor there as far as they are concerned.

Saints will have seen the same as the rest of us that he’s not getting a look in at the moment and are probably just chancing it a wee bit.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got to wonder why after being widely tipped on here to be No 1 this season, he didn't even make the bench last night and to our knowledge, isn't injured.

Oh wait I know why, it'll no doubt be because Yogi is a tactically clueless buffoon clown. Silly me.
    Well he is but that's not why he didn't play Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Well he is but that's not why he didn't play Brown.
    ??

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Corneliusb

Well you have to wonder if he isn't good enough to make the bench why did we even bother to buy him then? Complete waste of a wage having 3 experienced keepers on the books and that surely is down to Yogi.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...rsuit-of-Brown

From today's Daily Express.

Saintees after Mark Brown
    PSG after Sol Bamba

If Brown goes, we are relying on Stack and Smith as goalies.
    Aye, becuause Stack was woeful last night right enough

Graham Stack was the only player with pass marks last night, had it not been for his performance we'd have lost by four or five.

Left by mutual consent!
    And there was me thinking Stack could and should of done better for 2 + 3!
    First goal was also lucky......but then getting lobbed again?? Is that acceptable?
    I dont rate Stack,he couldnt catch a cold if he tried!!
    Every ball ever thrown into the box is always pandemonium....
    A commanding goalie makes a huge difference! With Stack its Heart in mouth seeing the ball floating 5 yards from the goals and the him watching it everytime.
    Maka may of had his errors....but at least he tried tobe commanding!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    First goal was also lucky......but then getting lobbed again?? Is that acceptable?
    A commanding goalie makes a huge difference! With Stack its Heart in mouth seeing the ball floating 5 yards from the goals and the him watching it everytime.
    Unfortunately he never quite got there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stop winding people up

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I smell a yam.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    I smell a yam.
    No Yam here,Id like to see a commanding goalie though.

Stack is defiantely not that!

what is the story with brown????
    he was out injured when we signed him last season, the guy obviously has talent[celts]
    he looked ok at dunf, for one half anyway, did he play in holland????
    think stack took an injury last night, he had to get hogg to take his bykicks
    or was that time wasting??????
    to sell brown before he has played many games for hibs is very strange,[unless theres something fishy going on]
    b

Absolute pash.

Stack was/is by no means perfect but to single him out after some of the nonsense masquerading as football last night is ridiculous.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    I smell a yam.

Why would you think that.....i also think stack is ****** and it WAS unacceptable to be beaten the way he was for the 2nd goal, he was on the 6 yard box! Brutal!

First Team Breakthrough Cracker's Avatar
    If Hibs were to sell Sol Bamba-then the money should be spent on bringing in a good steady keeper, Hibs have three keepers who,if it were possible to put the three in a pot and melt them down, so as to make one keeper from the three,you would still at best only have an average keeper.

Having seen all 3 play in Holland, Yogi got it spot on....

1 Stack
    2 Smith
    3 Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    Why would you think that.....i also think stack is ****** and it WAS unacceptable to be beaten the way he was for the 2nd goal, he was on the 6 yard box! Brutal!

so last season , Deek scored the same type of goal and people saying how wonderful it was, absolutely unsaveable etc etc ... when the same type is scored against us .. we need to have a scapegoat in our keeper?

can we just not say the 3 goals we conceded were absolutely top drawer finishes

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    so last season , Deek scored the same type of goal and people saying how wonderful it was, absolutely unsaveable etc etc ... when the same type is scored against us .. we need to have a scapegoat in our keeper?

Spot on mate.

the first was just a class finish

the 2nd okay was a foul the guy seen stack was off his line (maybe a bit flucky) still finshed it

3rd was ****** defending but again a good finish.

i never seen the games in Holland and if people are saying that the best keeper is stack then a would tend to agree with them when they tell me about there performances

i think Brown will play tomorrow though

Some people just seem like they want to moan about anything. Stack had no chance with the goals as they were great finishes. If we still had Jones in defence it would not be a problem that he does not come off his line. But because we do not have centre halves who like to take command of the penalty area it causes uncertainty. budgie never used to come off his line but in Hunter and McIntyre we had two centre halves that would take responsibility and so it was not a problem. Hogg and Hanlon and not dominant centre halves so it has become an issue. When we had the decent defensive record before the turn of the year we had Stack in goals and Bamba in the centre ready to take responsibility and it worked we need to get back to that (preferably with two dominant centre halves).

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Yep that's exactly what they were. Absolutely nothing any keeper could have done about them. Can't quite believe people on here are blaming Stack.

Anyway Brown can go, waste of a wage having three 1st team keepers.

Stack is, IMO an average keeper, but is def injury prone- not the first time someone had to take his by-kicks.

Smith has looked great at times- reaction saves etc and has the capacity to have a howler.

Brown has been untested more or less. But perhaps yogi has seen enough.

Think hibs need to really pull a surprising goalie signing out the bag sooner or later in the ilk of stokes and miller. Could make all the diff at the back if the def is confident they have a v solid keeper behind them.

Brown should have been given a chance this season, no shipped out if the story is to be believed.

Both Stack and Smith have had a chance at taking the gloves and although they're not terrible neither have taken it.

I thought Yogi wanted a "Goalkeeping Academy", or whatever he called it? That was his answer to the reason he wanted a third keeper, in signing Brown.

It would seem a bit strange to sign him in January and then never give the guy a chance.

But then, it's only a rumour at present so who knows if any of this story is even true.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I thought Yogi wanted a "Goalkeeping Academy", or whatever he called it? That was his answer to the reason he wanted a third keeper, in signing Brown.

It would seem a bit strange to sign him in January and then never give the guy a chance.

But then, it's only a rumour at present so who knows if any of this story is even true.
    If he is keen to get another outfield player in, then perhaps he is happy to sacrafice one of his goalkeepers, and if Brown is attracting the attention then he would be the easiest and quickest one to offload.

@hibs.net private member
    Brown has not been given a run in the team like the other two. I dont think a new goalie is needed. We have three average keepers which is about right cos we have an average team and manager. If any them were any good they would not be playing for Hibs in the SPL.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Brown has not been given a run in the team like the other two. I dont think a new goalie is needed. We have three average keepers which is about right cos we have an average team and manager. If any them were any good they would not be playing for Hibs in the SPL.
    If you look at good teams they have an obvious top pick keeper, the wealthier ones have good back up.

To have 3 keepers of similar standard to me is stupid, if nothing happens in terms of ins or outs then I can see the 3 goalies being shuffled each time the man in possession makes a mistake. Not a good situation.

I haven't a clue who our best keeper, more worringly I don't think Yogi knows either.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    If you look at good teams they have an obvious top pick keeper, the wealthier ones have good back up.

To have 3 keepers of similar standard to me is stupid, if nothing happens in terms of ins or outs then I can see the 3 goalies being shuffled each time the man in possession makes a mistake. Not a good situation.

I haven't a clue who our best keeper, more worringly I don't think Yogi knows either.
    Agree entirely

Its a luxury we cannot afford.

Now if he had used the money in January to get either a centre half or right back, whose to say what might have happened?

I reckon this goalkeeper madness must be costing us 500k this year. Just what was the point of signing Brown when we already had Stack, Maka and had just signed Smith? IMHO complete and typical mismanagement from Hughes. Particulary with obvious weaknesses elsewhere in the side. For example why now have three of the same quality goalkeepers but no alternative at left back? Hughes is similar to Mixu in that he just appears to randomly sign players with no thought out process of actually building a team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I reckon this goalkeeper madness must be costing us 500k this year. Just what was the point of signing Brown when we already had Stack, Maka and had just signed Smith? IMHO complete and typical mismanagement from Hughes. Particulary with obvious weaknesses elsewhere in the side. For example why now have three of the same quality goalkeepers but no alternative at left back? Hughes is similar to Mixu in that he just appears to randomly sign players with no thought out process of actually building a team.
    I actually think our left back problem is pretty much the same as our goalkeeper problem in that we have 3 players of roughly equal ability in Murray, Hanlon & Stevenson but no stand out player.
    Although I would like a big, strong, capable keeper I don't see it happening so we really need a big, no-nonsense centre half in the mould of Jones, McNamee, Black or Hughes himself. If we have someone in middle who clears balls into the box our goalkeeping problem will be reduced as will our full back difficulties as they won't have to spend half of each match sweeping round in the middle.
    Any suggestions ( don't say Jones ) for a genuine old fashioned centre half?