hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Management team required (Merged Sack the Manager Threads)

Anybody who can pick Hogg(captainFFS!) Rankin and Nish, players who lack basic passing skills, in their starting 11 for an important European tie does not deserve to be at the helm of this football club. Ditch these buffoons or its going to be a painful season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody who can pick Hogg(captainFFS!) Rankin and Nish, players who lack basic passing skills, in their starting 11 for an important European tie does not deserve to be at the helm of this football club. Ditch these buffoons or its going to be a painful season.
    I'm struggling to find a reason to shout you down.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GodisaHibee
    I'm not saying anything other than; despite what I thought looked like a good pre-season; well planned and executed; ****** ALL has changed. Another boring season beckons. Yogi goes. I don't care.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Honestly
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Yogi should have went last season. His record of about one win in the last 20 or so competitive games is not good enough.

Fair doos you are in Europe and have to be cautious but I don't think I've ever seen so many back passes by one team. There was a few opportunities in the first half to get the ball in the box but it kept coming backwards.

Murray is never a left back with his pace and why is Hogg still captain?

In these games away goals are goal dust so he should have had riordan on the park for set pieces!

Personally I would get rid now and get someone else in before the league kicks off or we will be a poor mans falkirk destined for bottom 6.

First Team Breakthrough Amsterdam's Avatar

Same advice you gave me Yogi, **** off

Told me to do that at end of first Ross County game, after I has said that he should get a grip of his players.
    Nothings changed since that game, if anything its getting worse. Ive taken your advice, please do the same.
    Id rather have Mixu back than you for another season.
    There are good players at our Club, you just dont have a clue
    Last edited by degenerated; 29-07-2010 at 08:54 PM.

You guys are all f***ed when Blackpool gets back

Me personally, I'm finding it hard to disagree, much as I like Yogi.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    You guys are all f***ed when Blackpool gets back

Me personally, I'm finding it hard to disagree, much as I like Yogi.
    yeah but he won't be online for a good few hours yet

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
    Told me to do that at end of first Ross County game, after I has said that he should get a grip of his players.
    Nothings changed since that game, if anything its getting worse. Ive taken your advice, please do the same.
    He is pish but no that bad

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    There are good players at our Club, you just dont have a ******ing clue
    If indeed he did say that to you I can only say i am not surprised - that's about the measure of the man.

Years ago I made a friendly comment to him at the King's Wark - he grunted back hardly even acknowledging my existence.

Although i agree with the criticism of the management, i'm not at the stage of getting rid of yogi!

It is a bit kneee jerk to ask for his head now and it would only hinder the team.

we played a good team tonight who are well ahead of us in terms of sharpness and fitness.

hopefully this ais a kick up the arse that the team / managers need to get off to a flying start in the league!

Left by mutual consent!
    The trolls are out tonight.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Yogi should have went last season. His record of about one win in the last 20 or so competitive games is not good enough.

Fair doos you are in Europe and have to be cautious but I don't think I've ever seen so many back passes by one team. There was a few opportunities in the first half to get the ball in the box but it kept coming backwards.

Murray is never a left back with his pace and why is Hogg still captain?

In these games away goals are goal dust so he should have had riordan on the park for set pieces!

Personally I would get rid now and get someone else in before the league kicks off or we will be a poor mans falkirk destined for bottom 6.

I think Murray would be better in midfield in place of McBride and a new CH and LB brought in. If not then maybe even Stevenson in LB until we can buy better suited players.

Hibs lack pace, passing ability and many of our players also lack a good first touch. Not good enough for an SPL team in any light.

First Team Breakthrough Amsterdam's Avatar
    sorry for swearing, but the first sweary word was a quote from him, the second sweary, that was all my own work, again I apologise

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Yogi will have until Christmas and if things have continued like the last half of the season he'll be out.

All the problems of last season reared there heads tonight -

4-5-1: if he insists on playing this then we need someone with pace and a physical presence in the Fletcher/O'Connor mould.

Lack of width and pace: we need real width and pace on the wings to get to the byline if we play Stokes or Nish on their own. Nish did not have 1 cross or cut-back from the byline tonight. The service to him was shocking.

Players out of position: Wotherspoon on the left and Miller/De Graf/who knows on the right! Galbraith, a natural left sided wide player must be rank in training if he can't play in that team.

Players left out who should be playing: if Yogi feels he can't play Riordan and Stokes in a 4-5-1 then he should sell 1 of them and use the money to bring in a player better suited to the system he favours. What he should really do of course is build the team around our 2 best players

See you all at Carlisle on Sunday

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    [QUOTE=York Hibees;2528762]

.[/QUOTE

terrible tactics no wonder the maribor fans were booing, you would think we were playing one of the giants of european football

First Team Breakthrough Tranent Hibby's Avatar
    OH FFS get a grip guys aye its a crap result but are we really talking about heads rolling after one game. To many posters on here with venom running through their fingers onto the laptop.
    We all knew we were up against it and they exploited our weak points but the amount of pash on here is of old firm proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranent Hibby View Post
    OH FFS get a grip guys aye its a crap result but are we really talking about heads rolling after one game. To many posters on here with venom running through their fingers onto the laptop.
    We all knew we were up against it and they exploited our weak points but the amount of pash on here is of old firm proportions.
    We were *****. We had the wrong team out, playing the wrong way, for the wrong game.

The team unfortunately does NOT pick itself or decide the tactics to employ. That goes to the manager and his assistant........

YES we had individual mistakes; that will ALWAYS happen. However, those could have been countered by playing the right way, from the off. If we drew someone good like a massive English or European team I could understand 4-5-1...................a team who are smaller than us in every way?

Bichrist, we should have given them a ****ing good skelping - we can trouble celtic, rangers, hearts and aberdeen yet these muppets made us look like fannies????? I dont think this computes.

Something amiss here. Hmmm. I ken, the fanny who picked and played the team. Yes, we had some bad luck and some poor player decisions BUT, had we played all night we'd only have made MORE !

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    were to start

lets see stack is not my favourite keeper but is ok but to have smith on the bench over brown

to leave out the clubs top to goal scorers for a starting 11 in europe is madness

i have had enough off only one natural wide player, i know that graff can play wide but if he goes out wide. Then once again its a mid of midgets witch get pushed about by everyone

Also what happend to new managers gutten out the players that cant cut it ? players like stevenson and nish.

its the same as the second half of last season all over but this time its a full season

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    We were *****. We had the wrong team out, playing the wrong way, for the wrong game.

The team unfortunately does NOT pick itself or decide the tactics to employ. That goes to the manager and his assistant........

YES we had individual mistakes; that will ALWAYS happen. However, those could have been countered by playing the right way, from the off. If we drew someone good like a massive English or European team I could understand 4-5-1...................a team who are smaller than us in every way?

Bichrist, we should have given them a ****ing good skelping - we can trouble celtic, rangers, hearts and aberdeen yet these muppets made us look like fannies????? I dont think this computes.

Something amiss here. Hmmm. I ken, the fanny who picked and played the team. Yes, we had some bad luck and some poor player decisions BUT, had we played all night we'd only have made MORE !
    To be fair Maribor have been far better than Hibs in recent years and have had great results in europe. But this is a different team following cash problems we should be able to match them.
    We failed and Yogi must carry the can

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Although i agree with the criticism of the management, i'm not at the stage of getting rid of yogi!

It is a bit kneee jerk to ask for his head now and it would only hinder the team.

we played a good team tonight who are well ahead of us in terms of sharpness and fitness.

hopefully this ais a kick up the arse that the team / managers need to get off to a flying start in the league!
    I dont think this is a knee jerk. This is all on the back of the terrible run at the end of last season which was one of the worst I can remember. Tonight wasnt just about our team getting beat it was the way in which it happened and IMO it was down to the manager. Leaving Stokes and Riordan on the bench, the 2 best goalscorers from last season, they have experience of playing at a decent level! It must have been brilliant for the Maribor manager looking at the team sheet and seeing them 2 on the bench and then trying to pick another danger man where the goals could come from.

The tactics were far too negative, players were playing out of position, the wrong players were playing and it was too late when the changes finally came.

Going out in Europe, which I would say we pretty much are now, puts any good work done by Yogi at the start of last season in the bin. Recent performances from Yogi's team and him as a manager have been shocking, the form that got hibs into europe was about 9 months and 25 games ago. Yogis recent record with hibs are very poor league results, put out the cup by Ross County and a whipping against an average European team where we looked no threat.

You have to start thinking about when the best time is to let a manager go. Half way through the season when we are to far down the league and out of a cup for a new manager to turn around, or near the start with the transfer window still open for a new manager to get some players he likes in and some players he doesnt out.

IMO I think this is the perfect time to get a new manager, it will definately get some of the players worried as its clear Yogi has his favourites which i think showed in players getting too comfy at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    To be fair Maribor have been far better than Hibs in recent years and have had great results in europe. But this is a different team following cash problems we should be able to match them.
    We failed and Yogi must carry the can
    Indeed, they have been far better than us in Europe but I'd suggest had celtic or rangers drawn them they'd have pumped them. Given WE have bothered both sides of the old firm and hearts (When we could be arsed and put our minds to it) my point is it's within OUR capabilities to bother such teams.

Dont get me wrong, had we drawn Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Madrid or such like we would have gotten absolutely happy slapped and rightly so.....but, we didnt. This, is what pisses me off mate.

Agree the boss should carry the can tho.

Lots of 'Hughes replaces Hodgson' headlines kicking about...alas, it's not that huddy John Hughes and is Mark Hughes instead. Tears on my pillow.

The players looked petrified.

Hughes' tactics were the polar opposite of what, I think, was required.

BUT. He's still a managerial novice. One hopes he will learn from tonight.

No change needed for me. Yet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranent Hibby View Post
    To be fair, I think people are basing their views on more than one game, I think the 20 game bad run last season has something to do with it!

OK, we got beat, but its the manner that it happened, where our 2 best players were left on the bench until it was to late. I can take getting beat, but what annoys me is when we get beat because of strange tactics, player choices and late decisions to change them.

@hibs.net private member
    The season has not even started and you want to sack the manager. Sorry that's has to be the most ridiculous post on this board ever.

We qualifyed for Europe last season by finishing 4th , our highest finish for a while. we have lot to look forward to as Hibs fans in the years to come. Managers must be given 3/4 years to build a team. If man utd acted in the manner you suggest Ferguson would have been sacked. We cant continually keep changing managers.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post

BUT. He's still a managerial novice. One hopes he will learn from tonight.

No change needed for me. Yet.
    He learned last season I heard?

Ah wait, now that was Hughes who just left our two top goal scorers on the bench and watched our entire defence and midfield pass back to our keeper instead of firing the ball to the target man type player that is Nish............

Unfortunately, Yogi IS a novice as you say. And that's why, IMHO, we're paying for it.

time and time and time again.

Dont care how popular a view that is this early in the season; I said it before we kicked a ****ing ball LAST season and say it again now. I canny see us progressing with Yogi in charge. Love to be wrong......canny see it tho.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The season has not even started and you want to sack the manager. Sorry that's has to be the most ridiculous post on this board ever.

We qualifyed for Europe last season by finishing 4th , our highest finish for a while. we have lot to look forward to as Hibs fans in the years to come. Managers must be given 3/4 years to build a team. If man utd acted in the manner you suggest Ferguson would have been sacked. We cant continually keep changing managers.
    Yes we qualified for europe but the form that got us there was a long time ago and many games ago. Since then there has been far to many bad results, some very bad, strange tactical decisions and not enough done in the transfer market to address the weaknesses. To me, we are continuing the same miserable form as the end of last season. Lets not forget that people will be basing their views on more than one game, many people giving Yogi the time in the transfer window to try and get the things sorted that were wrong last season but alas, the problems still persist!

Left by mutual consent!
    Yogi's tactics tonight were a complete joke.. NIsh up top on his own with no support?????.. That is madness.. Our 2 top goalscorers last season on the bench is complete bonkers..

Hughes has to carry the can for this one I am afraid.