hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Flying to Zadar

Flying to Zadar

There are 3 of us booked up to fly to Zadar on Wednesday afternoon, how many other people are doing this? Is it going to be easy to get to the bus station from the airport? we should all stick together once in croatia to make the journey to maribor.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_cal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey mate, 2 of us are on the same flight, are you flying back on the Saturday aswell?

From what I can tell using Google Maps, the bus station is in the suburbs of Zadar. We plan to head into Zadar for a couple of beers then take the 1am bus to Zagreb, which would get into Zagreb about 5am costing approx £10:

Link

From Zagreb, we are taking the 7.25am train to Maribor (only one with no changes en route) which would get us into Maribor at the back of 10am. From what I have gathered on TripAdvisor, this should also be about £10:

Zagreb Glavni Kolod. Th, 29.07.10 dep 07:25 EC 158 Eurocity
    Maribor Th, 29.07.10 arr 10:14
    We're coming back from Ljubljana mate, worked out cheaper.
    Theres a bus which runs from the airport every hour to the bus station in Zadar. Have you checked routes ect how to get from Zagreb bus station to the railway station? Will we all just meet up in Zadar airport and stick together?

looks like it should hopefully be a straightforward journey to Maribor then. See yous wednesday!

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    I'm just back from Zadar and would advise you not to rely on a bus from the airport into town get a taxi outside and will cost £10-£12. Spent to much time there waiting on buses that never arrived- Beer good and cheap though

Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just back from Zadar and would advise you not to rely on a bus from the airport into town get a taxi outside and will cost £10-£12. Spent to much time there waiting on buses that never arrived- Beer good and cheap though
    cheers mate, any idea how much money its worth getting changed into their curreny? taxi to bus station, bus to zagreb, train to maribor. £70-80?

Am doing excatly the same journey mate

@ Hibee cal, any chance of putting up some links to where you got you info from mate, struggling to find it

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    cheers mate, any idea how much money its worth getting changed into their curreny? taxi to bus station, bus to zagreb, train to maribor. £70-80?
    I would't get much Kuna, maybe enough for taxi (ATM on right of exit door from airport). Euros are widely accepted there. Pizza places everywhere (£3-£5, beer 'pivo' £1.80 large bottle. I have a Zadar map, if you want it PM me.

Cheers Hibee cal thats a big help, will buy you a pint in zadar