hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar

The Great Ticket Giveaway

Seriously it's not because we can't fill our ****ty little asbestos stand

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hear...ice.6416320.jp

Not sure how they are going to wipe out there debt if they keep reducing the only income stream they have while continuing to pay over the odds for players. Long may it continue

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Not sure how they are going to wipe out there debt if they keep reducing the only income stream they have while continuing to pay over the odds for players. Long may it continue
    In terms of getting bodies through the gates, I think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by M11BMO View Post
    In terms of getting bodies through the gates, I think it's a good idea.
    Your right, but if you are filling your ground every week anyway, which apparently they do then why bother, especially if you have a debt in excess of £30 million?

Some yams seem worried by this as they think the ST sales have peaked at k 9.500. I thought they were spouting on about having plenty more than this, maybe they have a cashflow problem over there and need a short term influx of some dosh-shame.

Your right, but if you are filling your ground every week anyway, which apparently they do then why bother, especially if you have a debt in excess of £30 million?
    Very good point mate.

I would like to see us try to implement something like this at ER. Especially now we have a bigger stadium.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    I have to say I think it's a good idea. I'm an ST holder at ER but I certainly wouldn't object if an otherwise empty seat was sold off at a cheaper price to make sure someone was sat in it.

Having just paid Hibs four ton of my hard earned, it's clear that football is far too expensive as things stand. I think what the Yams have done is commendable.

Of course if you're paying for the quality of the surroundings and the product on the pitch they have been taking it up the wrong un for quite some time now!

Why don't they just let everyone in for nothing and put all the lost revenues onto a debt they only owe to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by M11BMO View Post
    Very good point mate.

I would like to see us try to implement something like this at ER. Especially now we have a bigger stadium.
    I agree, we now have a stadium we won't fill most of the time, so I think we should start to make a bigger area of the famous five or the west available for kids etc at reduced prices. Attracting families is very important, it also means that lost of other folks migrate to the east helping the atmosphere.

Personally I'm quite happy to keep paying what I pay, but think we should reach out more to the people who the cost hits hardest, i.e. the dad with three kids that all want to go to the game. Thats an expensive day out!

Main differences though are that we admit we don't fill easter road every week and we're not skint

I agree, we now have a stadium we won't fill most of the time, so I think we should start to make a bigger area of the famous five or the west available for kids etc at reduced prices. Attracting families is very important, it also means that lost of other folks migrate to the east helping the atmosphere.

Personally I'm quite happy to keep paying what I pay, but think we should reach out more to the people who the cost hits hardest, i.e. the dad with three kids that all want to go to the game. Thats an expensive day out!

Main differences though are that we admit we don't fill easter road every week and we're not skint
    It is inevitable, althought we hate to admit it, that we will have a stadium that will have a hell of a lot of empty seats, (apart from Eurpoean ties and once we have split the Old Firm ) once the East Stand is complete. Like you said, I don't think it would upset a lot of fans by making these empty seats available for a slightly cheaper amount.

This thing I worry about is if we hit a sticky patch, (pretty sure we had a slump in form at some point last year ) and the attendancies completely drop.
    BUT that won't happen this year because Yogi will have learnt from last year and we will be challenging ALL the way through the season

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Oh bother. Why didn't I put that picture of money in a washing machine on my phone?

I wonder how the folk who have stumped up full whack for their season tickets feel about the people next to them, who refused to make a commitment to their club, getting in for less.

I certainly wouldn't renew if I thought I could get in cheaper if I just waited.

Blog Entries
    i'm confused...Hibs do this already(make it affordable for families)...a years ticket for my daughter is £85 (£4.25 per game) apparently a big mac & fries (not that ever eat that crap) is more than that.

Just what else do those who still expect a team on the pitch competing expect the club to do

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    i'm confused...Hibs do this already(make it affordable for families)...a years ticket for my daughter is £85 (£4.25 per game) apparently a big mac & fries (not that ever eat that crap) is more than that.

Just what else do those who still expect a team on the pitch competing expect the club to do
    TBF I never realised that as I don't have kids, not sure what else you do then. Think the point is though if we have say around 5k seats empty, is it better to leave them empty of fill them at say £10 a pop to kids / old folks / jambos desperate to watch real football / somebody else?

I didn't know that tbh.

@hibs.net private member
    well done to the Yams football is to expensive. Hibs should be looking at giving schools tickets for the smaller games next season. It creates an atmosphere and gets the kids interested.

HoMFC is a joke club but they have called this right, kids are future ST holders and reduced prices when we are facing mass unemployment is actually forward thinking from our backward thinking inbred neighbours.

It may have an impact on future season ticket sales as I would be livid if I was a Hearts season ticket holder knowing that the guys sitting all around me had paid less to watch the game than I had. Or are they doing part refunds for season ticket holders?

Anyone know when the next church jumble sale is down Gorgie?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Surely there is room for a loyalty card or something for punters that pay every two weeks but can't find the dosh in one go for a season?

Also, if they are selling out every week, some folk will have to move out to let all these extra families in, no?

That's what they say it's for ..."to attract more families to tynecastle"

I just can't believe that two bits of information from Tynecastle contradict each other

Blog Entries
    Interesting already 2 posters have noted that they were not aware of the deal for kids etc....

Adult ticket in East / West is £405....if you buy with a child its reduced to £380 the under 5 years price is £65...6-14 years is £85....15-18 years is £130...in effect you have £25 off these prices by virtue of buying together

so i n effect for me the net price for girls is £65.....absolute bargin.....anyone with a niece / nephew should get a few quid of aunties / uncles (next birthday / christmas say ahead of time) and just get them one....great way to have a good relationship with them..

I take my two girls (now 11 & 12) turn about while the other does Girlie things with mum....have done this since they were 3&4...they love getting one parent to themselves.

Come on folks stop moaning and take some responsibility (it might even be the wee laddie with no obvious dad in in your street?).......fill the stadium with the next generation
    :notworthy:

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    well done to the Yams football is to expensive. Hibs should be looking at giving schools tickets for the smaller games next season. It creates an atmosphere and gets the kids interested.

HoMFC is a joke club but they have called this right, kids are future ST holders and reduced prices when we are facing mass unemployment is actually forward thinking from our backward thinking inbred neighbours.

Interesting already 2 posters have noted that they were not aware of the deal for kids etc....

Adult ticket in East / West is £405....if you buy with a child its reduced to £380 the under 5 years price is £65...6-14 years is £85....15-18 years is £130...in effect you have £25 off these prices by virtue of buying together

so i n effect for me the net price for girls is £65.....absolute bargin.....anyone with a niece / nephew should get a few quid of aunties / uncles (next birthday / christmas say ahead of time) and just get them one....great way to have a good relationship with them..

I take my two girls (now 11 & 12) turn about while the other does Girlie things with mum....have done this since they were 3&4...they love getting one parent to themselves.

Come on folks stop moaning and take some responsibility (it might even be the wee laddie with no obvious dad in in your street?).......fill the stadium with the next generation
    :notworthy:
    Which one, I live in leith mind, I could fill the east with those sort of kids round my way

Blog Entries
    Which one, I live in leith mind, I could fill the east with those sort of kids round my way
    Sadly i'm sure your right

Seriously though...is there a kid who if you agreed to take them the net cost of £3.25 per match could not be found from parent / aunt...(even you)

I not trying to be smart or some super saint....but even when my girls don't go with me for some reason I just see it as a chance to take another kid (even taken Jambo mates girls on occasion ) and give them an opportunity

I really think the club do a lot to make it possible for youngsters to go...just needs more adults willing to inconvienience themselves a wee bit (like not being in the pub after games) and fleecing a few aunts / uncles and we could have loads more there......

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who wants kids at the games? They get bored quickly then spend the whole match getting up and down for pizzas and pies.

Surely there are still some chimneys that need cleaning?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Who wants kids at the games? They get bored quickly then spend the whole match getting up and down for pizzas and pies.

Surely there are still some chimneys that need cleaning?
    So I presume you started to attend ER only when you had become a mature well behaved adult

Opps....forgot that day has yet to come

Blog Entries
    So I presume you started to attend ER only when you had become a mature well behaved adult

Opps....forgot that day has yet to come
    Now now, you don't know me, and what you and I all call mature might be different things.

I might have a more mature sense of humour than you. You might be more mature in other ways.

Get lost ya big poop.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 13-07-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Get lost ya big poop.
    open goal

Blog Entries
    open goal
    Yes.

The whole thing stinks. How can they be selling tickets for games next year when they have a huge waiting list for STs? How can they make the many millions they need when adult tickets normally start at £16? Will they set aside the ticket money they take in just in case someone expects a bill paid on time? Another dodgy deal from the empire of dodgy deals if you ask me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I wonder if hibs would consider making a limited number of matchday tickets available at a very cheap price, on a first come, first served basis. IMHO, this would give folk who find football too expensive some chance of getting to see the games, would fill seats, and because you'd not be guaranteed a ticket would not make a season ticket less attractive.

I think it,s one of the few things i would compliment the yams on.Not everyone can go to every home game, and if you could work out your work commitments, and block book the tickets at the prices they are charging it would certainly make it a bit easier to affordable to get to games.Yes Hibs do make it more affordable for families with season tickets, but this is something i would like us to look at to attract the people that cant buy one due to work/family commitments etc.
    I have my season ticket,but would,nt be bothered if others can benefit from other offers that make them attend more games.Lets face it, the more Hibs fans at the game the better.
    An added comment on the season ticket issue,due to the fixture changes,shifts at work and my wedding in September, there is a chance i might not get to home league match until the yams game in november.The ticket scheme the yams are offering would be appealing to someone who works shifts like i do.Just a thought like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I wonder if hibs would consider making a limited number of matchday tickets available at a very cheap price, on a first come, first served basis. IMHO, this would give folk who find football too expensive some chance of getting to see the games, would fill seats, and because you'd not be guaranteed a ticket would not make a season ticket less attractive.
    I think they could give tickets away when the team is playing badly and the ground would still be half full. Likewise when the team is going well they could charge whatever they want.

I think an extension of the concession scheme would be in order though, so that people on benefits or receiving family credit could get cheaper tickets.