hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

How did Michael Hart play?

I understand he's not at peak ftness yet, but did it show?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

was on bench, unsure if he played

He played, a couple of dodgy passes but 1st game in a new team and all that, got to catch up with the others in terms of sharpness and will be a good un.

ended up with good performances from a few. Only Dunfermline but a good work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It showed. Lot of work for him to do in the next few weeks if he's going to be picked ahead of Wotherspoon.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    I thought Michael put a few nice crosses into their box, and looked promising (once he gets fitter I'm sure he'll be a great asset).

I thought Wotherspoon was much better playing further forward, and more centrally - and even when playing out wide left than his performances at "right back"!! ??

He's good bit away from fitness.

@hibs.net private member
    He looked sluggish but its only pre-season so im sure he'll be fine.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

how did ge graaf do?

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah it showed.. Got forward a few times but toiled to get back....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought Hart looked a good bit off the pace, however we looked a much greater threat down the right hand side once he came on, because he seemed to know when to get forward (and to get further forward) than Wotherspoon does when at right back.

As Hibbyrod said, Wotherspoon looked much more effective playing in midfield.

I saw enough from Hart, even half-fit, to be comfortable that he's strengthened the squad.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I thought Hart looked a good bit off the pace, however we looked a much greater threat down the right hand side once he came on, because he seemed to know when to get forward (and to get further forward) than Wotherspoon does when at right back.

As Hibbyrod said, Wotherspoon looked much more effective playing in midfield.

I saw enough from Hart, even half-fit, to be comfortable that he's strengthened the squad.
    He's not for me, cant believe we let an able guy like Van zanten go, then spend good money on this crock.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's not for me, cant believe we let an able guy like Van zanten go, then spend good money on this crock.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Yep, Mixu knew a RB when he saw one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    how did ge graaf do?
    I wasn't there myself, but I heard he got through a fair bit of hard Graaft....

DVZ is an unsung legend of the beautiful game.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    how did ge graaf do?
    Never stopped running.....until he got the ball!

Box to box player and seems a natural leader on the park but was very reluctant to move with the ball at his feet - always looking for the simple sideways pass.

Reckon he'll come good he gets used to the players around him though..!

The spectre of Paul Lovering still haunts the hollowed turf.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The spectre of Paul Lovering still haunts the hollowed turf.

Not to mention the majestic Rab Kilgour....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Not to mention the majestic Rab Kilgour....
    Lest we forget, Rab also managed to get himself red-carded in a pre-season friendly.

These modern day players simply ain't up to it!

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Yer a very Naughty man Garry!!!

How did he play? like a good right back

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyRod View Post
    I thought Michael put a few nice crosses into their box, and looked promising (once he gets fitter I'm sure he'll be a great asset).

I thought Wotherspoon was much better playing further forward, and more centrally - and even when playing out wide left than his performances at "right back"!! ??
    By bringing in an experineced RB he has strenghthened 2 areas of the park as spoony is a very energetic midfield player who has great vision,makes good runs from MF which was missing last season and can spot and execute good passes for the front men Hart did look a bit unfit but given a month or so he will be just what we need.
    Also great to see many of the young lads get a we run.

"keep the faith"

This is not meant to seem negative only informed observation but MH really struggled on Saturday. Miscontrolled a couple of awkward height balls and at one point ended up on his rear end after losing a ball and didn't make the effort to get up never mind get up and chase the ball. De Graff kept it simple and never gave the ball away, but on a couple of occassions did not make himself available for moves he could have got involved in. He also looked ungainly whilst running. I hope some hard work in pre season will help both players but in MH situation I can find no excuse why a player would be so out of shape at any stage of his playing career. David Stephens on the other hand looks like a star already, never mind a hopeful prospect.

Hart looked way off the pace, and his passing was woeful, but he obviously has time on his side to get fit before the real stuff so I'm not too worried, was good to see that he likes to get forward and put crosses in. De Graaf did keep it simple, one or two bad passes, but overall pretty much strolled it. The main concern for me on Saturday was Wotherspoon, if ever a game proved that this laddie cannot ever be played at right back again, this was it. He consistently gave the ball to the oppostion with woeful passing, and quite simply looks lost being played that far back. His body language by half time was of a person who simply wanted to be somewhere else, and fast, and I hope that somehow Yogi can lift him again, because the last five months of last season have clearly drained every ounce of confidence this lad had when he was played further forward at the start of last season. In my opinion this is a piece of man management which I hope Yogi takes on board, because not signing a right back last season has cost us goals and in my opinion more importantly, the form of one of the best prospects we have seen at Easter Road in a few years. If he is ever played at right back again, the manager needs to take a look at himself.

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Hart looked way off the pace, and his passing was woeful, but he obviously has time on his side to get fit before the real stuff so I'm not too worried, was good to see that he likes to get forward and put crosses in. De Graaf did keep it simple, one or two bad passes, but overall pretty much strolled it. The main concern for me on Saturday was Wotherspoon, if ever a game proved that this laddie cannot ever be played at right back again, this was it. He consistently gave the ball to the oppostion with woeful passing, and quite simply looks lost being played that far back. His body language by half time was of a person who simply wanted to be somewhere else, and fast, and I hope that somehow Yogi can lift him again, because the last five months of last season have clearly drained every ounce of confidence this lad had when he was played further forward at the start of last season. In my opinion this is a piece of man management which I hope Yogi takes on board, because not signing a right back last season has cost us goals and in my opinion more importantly, the form of one of the best prospects we have seen at Easter Road in a few years. If he is ever played at right back again, the manager needs to take a look at himself.
    I know what your saying about Wotherspoon and agree he's going to be a better prospect playing further up the park, but i think he looked reasonable comfortable playing at right back...and also prevented 2 certain goals
    Saying that, i would play him further forward and am happy we now have a (hopefully) proper right back in place