hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Should we sign a backup right back?

I've been reading about Hart's injury problems and it has come to light that if he were to suffer another one, or lose his form then we're pretty much back to square one for a large chunk of the season. I hope Yogi's enquiring about a couple of additional right backs to that we can get rid of this problem position once and for all. Calum Woods anyone?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I think the issue was to take the pressure off of Wotherspoon. If he's not forced to play there every week, then I don't think it's all that much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been reading about Hart's injury problems and it has come to light that if he were to suffer another one, or lose his form then we're pretty much back to square one for a large chunk of the season. I hope Yogi's enquiring about a couple of additional right backs to that we can get rid of this problem position once and for all. Calum Woods anyone?
    And very soon Yogi could have a 'right-back school' at East Mains!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

we waited this long for one, surely youre just being greedy now?

First Team Breakthrough Long suffering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I think the issue was to take the pressure off of Wotherspoon. If he's not forced to play there every week, then I don't think it's all that much of a problem.
    yeah id agree, he is more than an able deputy and while i doubt it mccann may get fit again

Not really a priority i don't think. Wotherspoon is decent enough there for a few games a season and theres still an outside chance McCann will return to full fitness.

Maybe a bit soon - but the boy Taggert can play at right back

Testimonial Due
    We should probably get in another keeper as well

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    McCann deserves a chance IMO and if Hart isn't fit or is being rested then McCann needs to prove himself there, if all else fails Wotherspoon has shown he can handle a few games in that position.

This is a make or break season for McCann, if he can't get back to fitness and prove his worth to the team then he will be away at the end of the season and young Taggart will be stepping up to take his place.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    We should probably get in another keeper as well

As has been said Wotherspoon played at RB for most of last season so can surely manage in an emergency. There's also McCann and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Thicot who's had some good games at RB. In short, Hibs are not made of money so I think that should do for that position.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GalH View Post

As has been said Wotherspoon played at RB for most of last season so can surely manage in an emergency. There's also McCann and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Thicot who's had some good games at RB. In short, Hibs are not made of money so I think that should do for that position.
    i think thicot will probably be used as a central defender when he gets a game this season, in my opinion him being right back was out of neccessity more than anything else

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    i think thicot will probably be used as a central defender when he gets a game this season, in my opinion him being right back was out of neccessity more than anything else

I wasn't that impressed with Thicot at rb but thought he was very solid at cb. McCann and Wotherspoon should be more than enough cover for us at rb.