hibs.net Messageboard

Edinburgh Mela Festival

I’ve been a few times and although not the best day out ever it was worth a look. Sort of thing you could spend nothing, but equally the chance you could spend anything up to £40-£50 (I wouldn’t have spent more than that).

Last year, in the usual Pilrig Park, they started charging for the first time [I noticed].

Now I’m not adverse to there being a charge but the queues last year when I went with the family, with £50 in my pocket, were absolutely huge – is massive longer than huge, maybe they were massive! We didn’t go in, I don’t think I even bothered finding out what the charge was.

This year they're at the Links, a vast area. Once again there's a charge, only £2. I know its only £2 but there's only one way in, I can just imagine what the queues will be like again, particularly if it’s a decent day, so I’ll be avoiding it this year.

If its crap weather I doubt they’ll cover the costs involved with taking the money in or the vast amount of fencing they’ll need to keep it ‘exclusive’.

Shame really.

Khuda hafiz Mela!

For anyone else not going its 6 - 8 August
    Space to let

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    yeah like you we walked up last year, seen the queue and walked up into town and had a drink instead.

really strange setup they have went for now.