hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Yahoooooo! THE CRAB CHUCKS IT

Ticker tape news on the BBC says Barry Ferguson has confirmed to Harry Potter that he has retired from International football.

Now we can move forward (rather than sideways )

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    How will we ever claw our way to victories now?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He was banned for life, then reinstated only to snub us. When will the ********s in charge at the SFA ever learn?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was banned for life, then reinstated only to snub us. When will the ********s in charge at the SFA ever learn?
    My guess is never i'm afraid to say

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Good

Nows the time for Levein to clear out the old guard from the scotland set up and start blooding the younger generation and build a squad capable of qualifying for the major tournaments.

Good player but given that Levein has just taken over and there are a few decent young players comng through i think this is probably the best decision for all concerned.

Leveins a door handle, imo he will just try and get all the old heids back.
    It annoys me that a big huddie like him even had the auidacity to try and get him back in a scotland jersey.

All theese guys have had there chance and failed, france 98' being the last time we we're in a major international comp.
    All the youngsters need a shot or there will not be a scotland team at euro 2012.
    Last edited by marinello59; 06-07-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: The swear filter is there for a reason, please don't bypass it

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ????? PSN ID: Nae ID. Wii Code: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    How will we ever claw our way to victories now?
    I know.

Shellfish b******.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Storar View Post
    About the right time but I still think he got a hard time from alot of people. We would have definitely been a stronger team had he been in the squad with Boyd.
    rubbish... he did NOTHING for scotland

deed.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee4life1983 View Post
    It annoys me that a big huddie like him even had the auidacity to try and get him back in a scotland jersey.

All theese guys have had there chance and failed, france 98' being the last time we we're in a major international comp.
    All the youngsters need a shot or there will not be a scotland team at euro 2012.

Spot on IMO !!
    I have grave doubts about CL's ability to build a winning Scottish team.
    OK there is a dearth of genuine talent but to "be disappointed" at Barry the Crab's retirement says a lot about Levein.
    Too may of the current squad have had chance after chance and are now in the "tried and found guilty " category - lets move on .
    Your highlighted quote I agree totally with

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I criticise them as much as most Scottish football fans but was this not Levein that persuaded them that he wanted a clean slate with all players available and therefore not to blame? Or would you rather that the SFA tell the boss who he can and can't pick?

It should have been down to Levein to say that he doesn't want him back anyway and give new players the chance.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Decent enough player but his day is gone, and Levein has just looked a bit of an erse by trying to woo him back.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    I criticise them as much as most Scottish football fans but was this not Levein that persuaded them that he wanted a clean slate with all players available and therefore not to blame? Or would you rather that the SFA tell the boss who he can and can't pick?

It should have been down to Levein to say that he doesn't want him back anyway and give new players the chance.
    It made no difference to me who wanted him and that other welt back, they were banned for life, and that imho should be that. Again imho i dont want to see Boyd back either, i hope that turd walks away too, and makes Levein look stupid for asking him. Perhaps then, those in charge will grow a set, and stick to what they do in future.

First Team Breakthrough H1B33 1875's Avatar
    I agree that youngsters should be given a shot - just out of interest what team would everyone pick?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee4life1983 View Post

The nucleus of the Scotland team is there, here is a post on an earlier thread re our new team

The Qualifiers for 2012 EURO'S start in September, and Scotland are on the up, Harry Potter should get rid of the old guard, and rely on the new younger up and coming players, we have a decent squad when all fit.

Goalkeepers, Gordon,McGregor and Marshall, at right back we have Hutton,Whitty, and clubfoot, center backs are a bit of a problem tho, where We have both Caldwells, Berra,McManus,Webster and Barr, left back we have Wallace,Fox and Dixon[at a push] but Whitty can also play there, in midfield we have a lot of players who can play right/center, Brown,Dorrans,Fletcher [D],Thomshun,McCormack,Rae and Naismith, left/center we have Faddy,Maloney,Commons,Adam,Robson and Riordan and up front Fletcher[S], Boyd,Miller,O'Connor and Snodgrass.

So we do have a young squad that can be built into a team that will be hard to beat, if the manager play's them together as a team, in a few games to get them playing like they know each other in stead of chopping and changing.

For me the team I would like to see play against Sweden in the August friendly is the team we should start with in the 1st qualifier in September is

Gordon

Hutton
    Berra
    Webster
    Wallace

Brown
    Fletcher D
    Thomshun
    McFadden

Fletcher [S]
    Boyd

If we can start with a team like this, and build team spirit we can go on and play together for the next 6 or so years, as most of these players are still in there mid 20's

Discuss

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?1...t=#post2501952

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Gordon

Hutton
    Berra
    Webster
    Wallace

Brown
    Fletcher D
    Thomshun
    McFadden

Fletcher [S]
    Boyd

If we can start with a team like this, and build team spirit we can go on and play together for the next 6 or so years, as most of these players are still in there mid 20's

Discuss
    I'd have Dorrans in - he's the most skillful player we have. I'd go with something like:

Gordon

Hutton
    Berra
    Caldwell
    Wallace

Brown
    D. Fletcher
    Dorrans

McFadden
    S. Fletcher

Boyd

With the 4-5-1 (4-3-3) formation that is so popular these days.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHibs07 View Post
    I'd have Dorrans in - he's the most skillful player we have. I'd go with something like:

Gordon

Hutton
    Berra
    Caldwell
    Wallace

Brown
    D. Fletcher
    Dorrans

McFadden
    S. Fletcher

Boyd

Pains me to say it but if he's fit that Hun cant Thomson would be one of my first picks.

Blog Entries
    Some will disagree no doubt, but I think Levein's 'wiping the slate clean' was a show of disrespect to Burley and his background team and an attempt to feather his own insecure nest. He was five minutes in the door and he was touting for the return of the selfish barstewards. I cringe everytime I see the pics of Ferguson and McGregor and can't believe Levein's lack of judgement in this situation. I'm delighted at today's news.

I would told Fergushun where to shove it when his billy big time attitude came out, pish like "Well I still have to decide, I'll have a think". I'd do anything to wear that dark blue and to have Noel Hunts like him think they are too big time charlie for it? Makes my blood boil and I'm glad he has retired for good.

My team would be

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell Berra Whittaker

Brown Fletcher Thomson

Dorrans........................McFadden

Fletcher

4-5-1 with Dorrans and Faddy bombing up the wings. If we need a bit of presence then Boyd can be the one up front.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    I would told Fergushun where to shove it when his billy big time attitude came out, pish like "Well I still have to decide, I'll have a think". I'd do anything to wear that dark blue and to have Noel Hunts like him think they are too big time charlie for it? Makes my blood boil and I'm glad he has retired for good.

My team would be

Gordon

Brown Fletcher Thomson

Fletcher

4-5-1 with Dorrans and Faddy bombing up the wings. If we need a bit of presence then Boyd can be the one up front.
    I like the look of that team

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I would pick that side but with Charlie Adam ahead of Thomson.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Pains me to say it but if he's fit that Hun cant Thomson would be one of my first picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHibs07 View Post

Gordon

Hutton
    Berra
    Caldwell
    Wallace
    Brown
    D. Fletcher
    Dorrans

McFadden
    S. Fletcher

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post

My team would be

Gordon

Brown Fletcher Thomson

Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Caldwell has had surgery and is not expected to be fit untill Oct/Nov, thats why I omitted him from my team selection

sad to see anybody say no to Scotland,He could have just told Levein not to pick him unless were struggling with injuries or suspensions cos i think its time to build a younger team & give them experience so weve got a settled 11 when the harder games comes

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Some will disagree no doubt, but I think Levein's 'wiping the slate clean' was a show of disrespect to Burley and his background team and an attempt to feather his own insecure nest. He was five minutes in the door and he was touting for the return of the selfish barstewards. I cringe everytime I see the pics of Ferguson and McGregor and can't believe Levein's lack of judgement in this situation. I'm delighted at today's news.
    Good riddance to one of the most over rated players in the history of the Scottish game. Our years without qualifying for a tournament can quite rightly be called "The Ferguson Years".

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post

Perhaps he just wanted to lay the knuckle scrapin' gnaff's ghost to rest so the team can move forward with a clean slate, and if things don't go well then no one, not even the SFA/Rangers/dodgy handshake club cant complain!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If the new, more mature Brummie Barry Ferguson was available, he'd be an asset to the Scotland team. However, you just know that as soon as he pulled the dark blue jersey on he'd be strutting like a peacock again, wandering all over the field instead of sitting in front of the defence and just doing his job.

But does anyone seriously think Katie will do any better?

Defensive midfield a bit of a problem position for Scotland I think.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    If the new, more mature Brummie Barry Ferguson was available, he'd be an asset to the Scotland team. However, you just know that as soon as he pulled the dark blue jersey on he'd be strutting like a peacock again, wandering all over the field instead of sitting in front of the defence and just doing his job.

But does anyone seriously think Katie will do any better?

Defensive midfield a bit of a problem position for Scotland I think.
    If we got another more progressive left back, and IM has a good run at the holding/sitting role in mid, who knows maybe Levein wouldn't have to look far?

I think that we should look forward to the future as we have the makings of a good squad being together for the next couple of tournaments. I'd go for the 4-2-3-1 formation and it would look something like this;

GK: Gordon.

LB: Wallace.
    CB: Webster.
    CB: Caldwell.
    RB: Hutton.

DM: Brown.
    DM: Thomson.

LAM: Riordan.
    CAM: Fletcher.
    RAM: McFadden.

ST: Fletcher.

Throw in a bench made up from the following and it's all good.

McGregor.
    Whittaker.
    Caddis.
    Kenneth.
    Berra.
    McArthur.
    Adam.
    Dorrans.
    Morrison.
    Commons.
    McCormack.
    Boyd.
    K. Miller.
    O'Connor.

Also hope players like Hanlon and spoony make the grade along with some of the Dundee Utd boys in the next 3-4 years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheerio ya prick

I do not see why Levein is taking so much flak tbh. He obviously wanted as big a pool of players to pick from as possible and while Ferguson might not be popular with many Hibs fans if he was playing to good form with Birmingham then surely he would have been a decent option to have been able to call upon. Do not let the fact that Levein had Hearts connections while Ferguson had Rangers connections get in the way of having a pop though!