hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

away to The Pars

going to get the train to the game next weekend, usually travel by supporter bus so have a few questions that someone could help with..

what station in dunfermline is closest to the ground? (dunfermline town or queen Margaret?)

Directions from the station (roughly) to the ground? and where will all the hibby's be drinking?

cheers in advance .

Edit* found the directions here , so just where's the best place for hibby's drinking needing answered.
    Last edited by HibbyKeith; 04-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pretty sure dunfy town is the closest one. Walk across the big park outside the station and turn right. Follow that road and the stadium will be on your left about 10 minutes up the road.

looked out some train times for those interested.

Departing; Edinburgh Waverly trains to Dunfermline town

11:48
    12:18
    12:49
    13:18
    13:49 ( this being the last realistic train to get you there on time, it arrives at 14:20 and its about a 20min walk to the ground)

Departing; Dunfermline town to Edinburgh Waverly

17:02
    17:31
    18:06
    19:06
    19:33

hope this helps.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    going to get the train to the game next weekend, usually travel by supporter bus so have a few questions that someone could help with..

what station in dunfermline is closest to the ground? (dunfermline town or queen Margaret?)

Directions from the station (roughly) to the ground? and where will all the hibby's be drinking?

cheers in advance .

Edit* found the directions here , so just where's the best place for hibby's drinking needing answered.
    station is a 10 min stroll from the stadium, pass on the boozers.

Any idea if its a ticket game or not? would imagine a fair few of us there

Quote Originally Posted by SmokieJoe View Post
    station is a 10 min stroll from the stadium, pass on the boozers.

Any idea if its a ticket game or not? would imagine a fair few of us there
    pay at the gate as far as i was aware. lets hope they open more turnstiles this time.

Cheers hibbykeith, im defo going now.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post

cheers in advance .
    Both stations are roughly the same distance away. Just a 10 minute walk either way. Dunfermline Town is the first station you'll arrive at when travelling from Edinburgh

From D'line Town: Exit the station from Platform 1 and head through the park to your right, before turning right again. You're just following the road straight along from there.

From D'line QM: Cross the bridge across from Platform 1 to 2, and head down the flight of stairs down to Whitefield Road. Turn left and follow that road down until you reach the seat of traffic lights (Quick Fit opposite). From there, take a right and head straight down Halbeath Road. The ground will be on your right approx 5 mins along.

I don't drink, but I believe it tends to be the Elizabethan Pub that everyone heads to, which is nearer Queen Margaret station - follow directions from QM, along Halbeath Road as you go underneath the railway bridge and it's on your left (blue signs).

Quote Originally Posted by FiferHibee0801 View Post
    Both stations are roughly the same distance away. Just a 10 minute walk either way. Dunfermline Town is the first station you'll arrive at when travelling from Edinburgh

From D'line Town: Exit the station from Platform 1 and head through the park to your right, before turning right again. You're just following the road straight along from there.

From D'line QM: Cross the bridge across from Platform 1 to 2, and head down the flight of stairs down to Whitefield Road. Turn left and follow that road down until you reach the seat of traffic lights (Quick Fit opposite). From there, take a right and head straight down Halbeath Road. The ground will be on your right approx 5 mins along.

I don't drink, but I believe it tends to be the Elizabethan Pub that everyone heads to, which is nearer Queen Margaret station - follow directions from QM, along Halbeath Road as you go underneath the railway bridge and it's on your left (blue signs).
    Wow, that is efficient directions for anyone who needs to know

I cant make it to the game due to lack of funds

I trust there will be a Match Updates thread on here though?

no real meeting places in the town centre now sinkys has gone....maybe east port bar or british legion...failing that get off at queen margaret staion and head to the elizabethan its where all the good people wil be :)))))

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    queen Margaret is defo much closer!!

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie21 View Post
    is it?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie21 View Post
    From QM Station is 1.2 miles, from Dunfermline Town 0.7 miles.

Less hill climbing from QM and it goes past the Lizzie.

No pubs at all en route from Dunfermline Town - requires a steep climb up to the East Port Bar.

I think the Elizabethan is the meeting place of home/away fans before the game, never been but have heard from a friend that its a good mix and normally a good atmosphere.

Anyone know where a good indian restaurant in dunfermline is? I moved to fife about a year ago and have some mates coming up from the south of England for the game/banter and we're planning to make a day/night of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I think the Elizabethan is the meeting place of home/away fans before the game, never been but have heard from a friend that its a good mix and normally a good atmosphere.

Anyone know where a good indian restaurant in dunfermline is? I moved to fife about a year ago and have some mates coming up from the south of England for the game/banter and we're planning to make a day/night of it.
    A lot of people at work rave about the Eastern Buffet in the New Row (don't know if it's Chinese or Indian tbh). There is also a Kushis in the town, dunno the name of the street, but IIRC it's the same one that Oscar's is on.

reality check required - Dunfermline is 10 minutes over the bridge on a train, its hardly an adventure into Europe - whcih station which train, have a word with yourself

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    I cant make it to the game due to lack of funds

I trust there will be a Match Updates thread on here though?
    I also can't make it as i'll be away in England for a week..

It would be muchly appreciated if there was a match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    A lot of people at work rave about the Eastern Buffet in the New Row (don't know if it's Chinese or Indian tbh). There is also a Kushis in the town, dunno the name of the street, but IIRC it's the same one that Oscar's is on.
    Magic - thanks for the reply, I know where Oscars is so should be able to find Kushi's.

Does anyone know a good spot for parking near the ground? freebe parking if poss

Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    reality check required - Dunfermline is 10 minutes over the bridge on a train, its hardly an adventure into Europe - whcih station which train, have a word with yourself
    If I understood the OP correctly, he doesn't have a problem with which train, only which station and
    which pub. Both questions seem reasonable to me for someone who hasn't travelled there by train before.

Does anyone know a good spot for parking near the ground? freebe parking if poss
    There is a car park at the ground but I think its something like £2 to get in. Street parking on or around Halbeath Road is your best bet.

just to check, it is Dunfermline away on Saturday and not "how do I get to Dubrovnik & where do I park when I get there"

Quote Originally Posted by FiferHibee0801 View Post
    There is a car park at the ground but I think its something like £2 to get in. Street parking on or around Halbeath Road is your best bet.
    Thanks for the heads up, last time i was there was when they were in top tier of scottish footie.

Hope they're not planning on going to Carlisle or Blackpool unless they leave a week before everybody else.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    just to check, it is Dunfermline away on Saturday and not "how do I get to Dubrovnik & where do I park when I get there"

You better watch your blood pressure over the coming weeks, the questions on here are only going to get worse

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post

There is an excellent Indian restaurant called "Everest" 78 Hospital Hill. I have only ever had take away but food is great. It's quite small so may be best to book. Only 5 Mins away from ground or the High street in a taxi.

kushis is ok but take yer own booze as they dont sell, viceroy is usually where i get take away and go for xmas lunch - big place but food is good and staff are always friendly, alternate is Ashiq's (owned by brother of viceroy guy i think) similar menus but much smaller and nicer on the inside - best book that one

parking - you could use car park 5 at hospital (its the staff car park officially but is empty most weekends as people use te other car parks) thats just 5 minsfrom elizabethan or you can stroll along the cycle path to EEp in about 10 mins

Blog Entries
    Youll find more English speakers in Dubrovnik.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post

You better watch your blood pressure over the coming weeks, the questions on here are only going to get worse
    I am really worried in case they don't sell half time snacks at Blackpool, should I bring my own food, and what are the arrangements if it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Youll find more English speakers in Dubrovnik.

I am really worried in case they don't sell half time snacks at Blackpool, should I bring my own food, and what are the arrangements if it rains.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post

Thanks for the great info, feel free to snipe, have you tried bringing 2 young kids to a game on yer own.... its either **** about with prams etc or get some where close....... how else does the next generation of supporters get involved

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great info, feel free to snipe, have you tried bringing 2 young kids to a game on yer own.... its either **** about with prams etc or get some where close....... how else does the next generation of supporters get involved
    "Will nobody think of our children?"

Relax mate, I actually gave some concrete information about the distance from both stations. You can find quite a lot out from the internet. Fair's fair, the OP asked the sort of question that fans forums are for. No offence intended.

I wonder if kids that need prams are a bit too young for going to games though. I would have thought they'd be bored out of their skulls